Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He just wants anonymous trolls to be accountable. Why would that kill Twitter? Oh yes, it's populated by anonymous trolls.
The danger is that it is just used to harass political opponents. Starve people like Get Up of social media exposure.

If you share a controversial opinion in response to a post, can the government do a virtual round-up of all commenters on that post? It might generate fear, reduce engagement. Open the door to more spying on citizens.

It's weird how much a small handful of posters have started to care about 'online trolls' in the past few days despite never expressing prior concern.
I am assuming I am one of the "small handful of posters" to who you are alluding, because you seem so interested in what I do. Nothing weird about me caring about what trolls do. I call out posters for troll behaviour when I see it. That can easily be checked. Only reason I commented about the new bill is because... its new and revolutionary. First in the world. I don't know if it will work, but its got to be seen as a step in the right direction, don't you agree?

What is it with the liberals wanting to ruin the internet for everyone?

Had to gut the NBN to protect an American citizen's propaganda company, wanting to go after social media because we can call out their bullshit.

Not very "liberal" of the them and very anti free market too.

Had to gut the NBN to protect an American citizen's propaganda company, wanting to go after social media because we can call out their bullshit.

Free speech but only when you aren’t telling them uncomfortable truths about themselves.

You'd hope it wasn't a targeted thing and is merely a coincidence.

EDIT: from the article it doesn't look like that is the case and witnesses report the driver lining up (and having to drive over the footpath) to hit the nurse. Very concerning.
Yeah, who will hold themselves accountable for stoking the rediculous antivaxx hysteria I wonder?

They were all for freedom when that ******* Conroy wanted to filter the internet.

one thing that may help the moderates in victoria is this exact situation

if scomo does implode, it will give them the ammo to fight the case that going harder to the evan right isnt a vote winner

when are the lib state preselections? (i know the alp are underway now)
There's almost no Vic moderates left running at the state level.

I am assuming I am one of the "small handful of posters" to who you are alluding, because you seem so interested in what I do. Nothing weird about me caring about what trolls do. I call out posters for troll behaviour when I see it. That can easily be checked. Only reason I commented about the new bill is because... its new and revolutionary. First in the world. I don't know if it will work, but its got to be seen as a step in the right direction, don't you agree?
Not at all and it's absurd that conservative Australians have suddenly gone from 'WE NEED FREEEEE SPEEEECH' to 'SHUTT DOWN TWITTTER11 AND ITS TROLLLSSS1!1!!!' in the space of a week.

Not at all and it's absurd that conservative Australians have suddenly gone from 'WE NEED FREEEEE SPEEEECH' to 'SHUTT DOWN TWITTTER11 AND ITS TROLLLSSS1!1!!!' in the space of a week.
I don't know anything about shutting Twitter? WTF. Where have I said anything about that? My interest is in online bullying, and as the PM said,

"In a free society such as Australia where we value our free speech, it is only free when that is balanced with the responsibility for what you say. Free speech is not being allowed to cowardly hide in your basement and sledge and slur and harass people anonymously and seek to destroy their lives."

By saying you don't agree with trolls being "unmasked" (and I hate to adopt the tactic of a certain poster) , are you saying its okay for a troll to bully someone to the point that person commits suicide?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would prefer to spend time with my family, and raise the kids, as well. It is a cushy job and pays fantastic but bludging and money aren’t everything - always out wooing voters and donors.

The only Vic LNP candidates are people who are general failures in life with rich relatives, or bible thumpers who have stacked a lot of the outer-suburban branches.

Either way, they've got no idea how the majority of Victorians think or act.

Which was pretty evident in their last election campaign, running against safe schools and imaginary gangs and grade separating suburban intersections.

It's not hard to see what the Federal Govt will come up with as their platform, but there's no way I could guess what the idiot Vic Libs will come up with next year.

I'll guess it'll be an all-out attack on Andrews himself.

then we move over to 100 points - but here's the clincher. Are you prepared to hand your 1) drivers licence or passport, and 2) your bank account info over to Chief? Remember this law is for all social media.
You already need to do this to create a bf account.

… at least, that’s what he told me. You guys all had to do the same, right!?
It's weird how much a small handful of posters have started to care about 'online trolls' in the past few days despite never expressing prior concern.
IMO they should be encouraging trolling, not banning it… maybe throw a bit of funding at mischievous gentlemen such as myself… I could take this show full time!

IMO they should be encouraging trolling, not banning it… maybe throw a bit of funding at mischievous gentlemen such as myself… I could take this show full time!
They do encourage trolling as long as it's not them getting trolled.

Also going by Question Time trolling is perfectly fine in Parliament where you are protected by Parliamentary Privilege. ;)

He's just headed to the windchester to grab a pint and wait for all this to blow over

8GOg2NZ.gif

I agree but there is a difference between a flippant throwaway comment on FB and some clown journalist running it as a story.
That takes us to the freedoms/freedumbs and the consequences of actions argument. Throwaway comments can cause real harm regardless.

If some nobody posts something stupid and it blows up because some slightly lesser nobody on twitter/some random journalist blows it up, then... 🤷‍♂️ because there's plenty of examples of that.

Damn Georgie Crozier is a deeply unimpressive politician. If she is one of the rising stars of the Liber
View attachment 1289960

This is the person many here wanted to be the next Premier or the next state AG.
I thought the reason why he didn't resign straight away was so he could represent his constituents. What a coward probably cosying up to Farage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back