Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
how?

you're a troll. you use a VPN and register with fake information.

again, how do they identify you?
I'm no expert but Facebook would need to ask for personal information about the account holder and would then be expected to test its veracity. Onerous? Yes. But so is a law suit where Facebook is held responsible for a suicide

that was then, this is now. the now is you lot want gay conversion camps back, all to pander to the fundy evan base your party has become

I said in my post was the official policy IS. Your contention is inaccurate and not based in fact. You can make other inferences as what will happen in the future, as can I. But the current, right now, policy is not to amend the act. Your posts are deliberately misleading.

You'd hope it wasn't a targeted thing and is merely a coincidence.

EDIT: from the article it doesn't look like that is the case and witnesses report the driver lining up (and having to drive over the footpath) to hit the nurse. Very concerning.
One of the disappointing outcomes of the Trump era is the inescapable realisation of just how many truly obnoxious people live in our communities.

Whingeing as usual. Australia is the first country to introduce this legislation. Why bag them? Oh, of course, because Labor didn't think of it. In my work I have seen the ultimate consequences of someone being mercilessly trashed by trolls. So anything that forces Facebook, etc to become responsible for allowing anonymous trolls to post on their platform is good. It will force platforms to make it their business to know who owns accounts, and to cancel accounts where ownership is not determined. No longer can a Facebook say "We have no idea whose account this is". Other countries will follow and eventually trolls will disappear.
How ironic that one of BF's master trolls, Ghost Patrol, finds my post "mock-worthy".

I'm no expert but Facebook would need to ask for personal information about the account holder and would then be expected to test its veracity. Onerous? Yes. But so is a law suit where Facebook is held responsible for a suicide

this is my issue, its a simple solution to a big problem, but the solution doesnt solve the problem

we are talking trolls. Not people who are annoying, but people who are breaking existing laws around harassment and misrepresentation.

so lets review what you're suggesting

1) NSWCROW opens a facebook account using fake info

2) facebook tests this, how?

now here is where things get interesting.

the phonebook only has a surname and initial against it, and that assumes the owner has a landline (many dont now)

so someone can legitimately live at the Smith residence under the name Jones (even as a spouse), that kills using the phonebook

you could use mobile phones, but that means getting access to confidential phone records. also people can set up a burner with a pre-paid, so thats useless

then we move over to 100 points - but here's the clincher. Are you prepared to hand your 1) drivers licence or passport, and 2) your bank account info over to Chief? Remember this law is for all social media.

also while thinking about that, read up no how many times facebooks database has been hacked

nexy is the really fun one. set up a govt id register, which social media companies link an account to.

all of this assumes no ghosting, where you use someones info to create a ghost persona. how hard, grab their mail and you can do it with a bank statement and a utility bill

im not against hunting down and prosecuting trolls. this doesnt do it though. we need a way to figure out how to break the vpn

I said in my post was the official policy IS. Your contention is inaccurate and not based in fact. You can make other inferences as what will happen in the future, as can I. But the current, right now, policy is not to amend the act. Your posts are deliberately misleading.

honest answer - do you think the faction pushing this have given up?

yes or no?

Are you prepared to hand your 1) drivers licence or passport, and 2) your bank account info over to @Chief? Remember this law is for all social media.
You make it sound like I am untrustworthy! :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

honest answer - do you think the faction pushing this have given up?

yes or no?
No there are some that won't, but your first comment was that it was Guy pushing for it when they are all upset that Guy and his deputy made the decision to keep the law as is

No there are some that won't, but your first comment was that it was Guy pushing for it when they are all upset that Guy and his deputy made the decision to keep the law as is

guy hasnt shut this down, and keeping those idiots onboard and pushing this crap is as good as condoning it

remember shorten got killed by this same s**t on adani. wanted to support the mine, but not shutdown those that opposed it for fear of leaking votes to the greens. and we saw how that ended

To be fair he has to devote a lot of time to herding his cats to make sure they're not being too obvious in courting the protestors.

Also from other soundbites in the interview I think we all know why the government didn't talk with him when they thought they would have enough numbers already.

that does suggest that Guy is against gay conversion being allowed then
publicly he and his shadow minister that would own that portfolio have said they won't repeal it

the issue is more if the people that want it gone gain power within the party

the religious right in both ALP and LNP is a problem, but its currently a bigger problem in the LNP as we know

The fact they can't keep their house in order enough to keep these fringe view faction fights out of public doesn't bode well for their chances, so of course they have to court the voters that don't care about any of that

Which leads to some dangerous s**t being validated by elected representatives

With the federal election happening first the next year is going to be full of bad politics you'd reckon

one thing that may help the moderates in victoria is this exact situation

if scomo does implode, it will give them the ammo to fight the case that going harder to the evan right isnt a vote winner

when are the lib state preselections? (i know the alp are underway now)

There are significant groups in the Liberal Party pushing in both directions regarding the gay conversion bill.

Liberal lower house preselections for state seats are currently underway. This information is available in the mainstream media.

There are still plenty of moderates in the Liberal Party. It's just we tend not to be as loud and vociferous. It's hard to be a fundamentalist moderate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back