Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about close contacts who need to stay home pretty much for 24 hours waiting on a result, and miss shifts at the last minute? What’s even more mind numbing is if they’ve worked a previous shift..and then more of the staff are off waiting a result. But hey as long as the boss has a magical roster. It’s ludicrous.

Good luck with local and state level sport next year in the country. It’s going to be ruined again thanks to stupidity.
Dan has a magical roster of internet defenders. Magical rosters are a possibility, gotta have lots of cash though.

What’s the end game mate? It affects so many things that are important to peoples lives. It’s not sustainable.
Now it’s about protecting the vaccinated,a who can still pass away..
We are a month into the phase of starting to live with it. It will take a few months to work out what the best rules will be for it going forward

It is an awkward situation because what if it turns out they are infected and then spread it. How would you feel if someone becomes seriously ill or dies because you unknowingly gave it to them when you could have stayed home 1 day to confirm?
Vaccines don't completely stop serious illness or even death from this virus

I would prefer to be more on the open side but can understand government cautiousness on this.
But that’s going to go on forever with that way of thinking.

Aren't confirmed sick. Doesn't mean they couldn't be

Are you really not understanding the problem?

How many people have actually caught Covid from being in the same shop as someone with Covid?

Majority of transmission was within schools, workplaces or homes, places where people spend lots of time in enclosed spaces with people. Not going to a shop to buy your lunch...

Yet 2 days off work because someone visited the same bakery within an hour of you...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The coverage of this human disaster is notable only for its absence. Its bloody disgraceful when The Guardian is the only source of daily coverage:

'Staff brought in to replace workers at a Melbourne aged care home during a Covid outbreak in 2020 had trouble identifying residents, and one senior nurse was so worried about patient safety he refused to return for another shift, an inquest has been told.

Nurse Angela Cox was brought in to lead a fresh workforce when all staff at St Basil’s Home for the Aged in Fawkner were stood down as Covid-19 close contacts. She contracted the virus while working there.

Cox on Wednesday told an inquest into more than 40 deaths at the home she was given handover documents including patient files but found the information wasn’t adequate to provide residents with the care they needed.'

I suggest reading the article linked. Expect to be shocked.

The coverage of this human disaster is notable only for its absence. Its bloody disgraceful when The Guardian is the only source of daily coverage:

'Staff brought in to replace workers at a Melbourne aged care home during a Covid outbreak in 2020 had trouble identifying residents, and one senior nurse was so worried about patient safety he refused to return for another shift, an inquest has been told.

Nurse Angela Cox was brought in to lead a fresh workforce when all staff at St Basil’s Home for the Aged in Fawkner were stood down as Covid-19 close contacts. She contracted the virus while working there.

Cox on Wednesday told an inquest into more than 40 deaths at the home she was given handover documents including patient files but found the information wasn’t adequate to provide residents with the care they needed.'

I suggest reading the article linked. Expect to be shocked.

It’s a shame the bill and OMGicron are overshadowing it.

Those people just support their "team". They have a single point of truth on election day.

View attachment 1290330
Pissa at the photoshopping on the top photo, especially on his teeth, and maybe his ears, too; in fact, his whole face. :roflv1: It barely even looks like him. Are they the same people? :cute:

4yM58Nm.jpg

Last edited:
Andrews mishandled the pandemic yet if a state election were held tomorrow he'd win in a manner similar to McGowan and WA Labor earlier this year.

If I were state or fed LNP I'd be shitting myself. People are waking up. There is no place for hard right politics in Australia. Reform or enter political oblivion.

Hit a nerve?
Some schedulers assume everyone is available when doing up a staffing roster. If someone is ill, gets married, or there is training - the plan fails. I’ve had situations where I can’t even schedule training for fire wardens because there is no ‘non contact’ time. All the staff have appointments booked all day (bar a lunch hour).

The same unrealistic planning leads to back ending of player contracts and the schmozzle experienced by Collingwood. No such thing as bad luck, just bad management.

Last edited:
Oh no it's to hard to do rosters when we actually have to let people who are sick stay home
its harder when its quarantining people who aren't sick because they came into contact with someone who has tested positive and may not even be sick as well
we had an uptick in arrivals with covid to hospital yesterday, but only 1 (in the time I was there) was actually sick (high respiratory rate/ short of breath - even then oxygen level good) - he was double vaccinated and Hx of COAD
otherwise one well but needed bloods because of significant past Hx (double vaccinated)
one unvaccinated who had external advice to come in at/ before day 5 symptoms to consider antibody infusion (qualified and got it)
a couple of others with reduced oxygen level on walking (vaccinated) at day 10

Some schedulers assume everyone is available when doing up a staffing roster. If someone is ill, gets married, or there is training - the plan fails. I’ve had situations where I can’t even schedule training for fire wardens because there is no ‘non contact’ time. All the staff have appointments booked all day (bar a lunch hour).

The same unrealistic planning leads to back ending of player contracts and the schmozzle experienced by Collingwood. No such think as bad luck, just bad management.
Inflexibility is great
I used to do the on call roster, fitting in training, leave, fair rotation of public holidays, events etc was difficult enough let alone someone being sick.

Another team at the same place was on 12 hour shifts, two per shift. They made the start and finish time for both the same so no overlap and expected people to arrive early and stay late for free for handovers instead of staggering the start times of the two shifts by 30 minutes

Management completely inflexible on it for no reason other than the staff came up with the idea

The biggest issue in general is most places run too light to begin with

Pissa at the photoshopping on the top photo, especially on his teeth, and maybe his ears, too; in fact, his whole face. :roflv1: It barely even looks like him. Are they the same people? :cute:

4yM58Nm.jpg
“Delivering for the Mulgrave district”, but can’t wait to get out of Mulgrave and move into his $5M house in Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back