Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Wearing underpants doesn't inhibit breathing fresh air (to the best of my knowledge!).

It also doesn't stop people from going into the office, as evidenced by the return to office take up post lockdowns. This would further crash the economies of those areas adversely affected, particularly the CBD's, send many businesses to the wall, require further government debt and destroy future confidence.

The risk vs reward argument has been decided and the state governments made the correct decision. Kudos to all of them!

I just thought that I couldn’t sustain my work output if I had to go to the office too. Hopefully it will all settle down

Not surprised. Too much noise about Guy and Red Shirts.
interesting though given this is an actual example of how Dan doesn't mind the police state

like the what about my freedoms Dan's a dictator crowd should be all over this, making protests illegal and what not

but they aren't for some reason, which I assume would be they don't give a * about people protesting logging or think those people should be locked up

May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC
interesting though given this is an actual example of how Dan doesn't mind the police state

like the what about my freedoms Dan's a dictator crowd should be all over this, making protests illegal and what not

but they aren't for some reason, which I assume would be they don't give a * about people protesting logging or think those people should be locked up

Too many people happy to engage in idealism when it suits their ends, but not when it suits the ends of people they disagree with.

There is a safety argument on this one - I'm sure protesting outside a logging area is more dangerous than protesting down a CBD street. But the ability to protest should be protected whether one is protesting a mask mandate or for moving the date of Australia Day.

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Not enough people care about logging in general maybe?

He is copping a smashing from those with more power than protestors.

Brad Goodman

His name isn't important
Oct 7, 2002
AFL Club
Collingwood

Like most *heads, if something doesn't affect them directly they don't care.

thought it was more that the cooker (anti vax/ anti mandate) groups are becoming more and more irrelevant which is why they are quiet

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Too many people happy to engage in idealism when it suits their ends, but not when it suits the ends of people they disagree with.

There is a safety argument on this one - I'm sure protesting outside a logging area is more dangerous than protesting down a CBD street. But the ability to protest should be protected whether one is protesting a mask mandate or for moving the date of Australia Day.
Protests need to interfere OR they are a failure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The safety issue is an excuse.
The Vic Governments own logging agency is flouting the law and has been for years, they get protests against them in large part because they continually engage in illegal logging without punishment.

Now they're making it illegal to protest against their own illegal activities

This is authoritarianism and if the people protesting mandates actually cared about it they'd be protesting this

Not enough people care about logging in general maybe?

He is copping a smashing from those with more power than protestors.
more I think the people that are attacking him on freedom are only interested in their freedom
Like most *heads, if something doesn't affect them directly they don't care.
yep

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The safety issue is an excuse.
The Vic Governments own logging agency is flouting the law and has been for years, they get protests against them in large part because they continually engage in illegal logging without punishment.

Now they're making it illegal to protest against their own illegal activities

This is authoritarianism and if the people protesting mandates actually cared about it they'd be protesting this

more I think the people that are attacking him on freedom are only interested in their freedom

yep

Are you having a dig at the new laws or at people picking and choosing when to go hate Dan?

Or both?

thought it was more that the cooker (anti vax/ anti mandate) groups are becoming more and more irrelevant which is why they are quiet
they're still protesting pretty much every weekend just not getting the coverage now, except when they clash with other rallies like the women's abortion rights marches

they're really not anti authority

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Tim Pallas thinks that the toxic soil was a furphy anyway.

www.theage.com.au

Treasurer ‘not happy’ with Transurban, but future projects not off table

The government today announced it would pay $1.94 billion extra to cover a cost overrun on the West Gate tunnel project.
www.theage.com.au

Like Gift
Report Start conversation

2022-08-05
Seems Melbourne is the 'go to' place for contaminated soil these days:
In a couple of weeks scores of half-size shipping containers filled with tonnes of toxic soil will begin making the 3,500-kilometre journey from northern Australia to Victoria.

About 60,000 tonnes of contaminated soil is being dug up at RAAF Base Tindal

Are you having a dig at the new laws or at people picking and choosing when to go hate Dan?

Or both?
I'm having a dig at the new laws and the anti mandate *heads

The new laws are terrible and exactly what the antimandate crowd complain about, but not a peep from them because they don't actually care about other people's rights and freedoms, only their own

Who's going to run the hard hitting campaign? Matthew Guy? His Chief of Staff just quit for asking for a bribe on his behalf (even though Guy denies knowing about it).

A key plank in running an integrity campaign would be having your own integrity intact. Guy was allegedly possibly accused of being corrupt over Fishermens Bend, Phillip Island, plus asking for $100k donations off the books and meeting with mobsters.

Next thing you'll tell me the Libs are going to run on a campaign of fixing the health system, because they've got such a good record of doing that...
It was the whole point of Dan referring the party itself to the integrity commission. He knew, for all the issues that the ALP have, they were cleaner than the Libs

May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC
It was the whole point of Dan referring the party itself to the integrity commission. He knew, for all the issues that the ALP have, they were cleaner than the Libs

• Andrews referred half the ALP to IBAC (the half we wasn't in)
  • The red shirts was a systemic, intentional, malicious contravention of the rules that was perpetrated by the party apparatus, not some rogue element in the party or a flight of fancy for purely personal gain
  • Andrews, at the same time as the IBAC referral, effectively grabbed control of the entire party apparatus, so no process in the ALP with any respect to the rank-and-file membership operates any more

Politically, this is an issue related to credibility rather than measurement on the cleanliness scale. Bracks and Brumby were cleanskins in 1997-1999, so their attacks on Kennett's style and fondness for institutions like the Auditor-General carried weight. Andrews has presided over an attack on institutions which compares with Kennett's at best, but the political argument is now coming from someone who can be easily tarred with the same brush.

TL;DR - this is not an opportunity to herald Andrews' virtue in this regard. He's just up against someone who is not a cleanskin.

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon

Did any of the logging protesters make a stand for the freedom protesters?

Correct me if I'm wrong in my presumption that protesters generally run in teams and don't give a s**t about any other team.

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Did any of the logging protesters make a stand for the freedom protesters?

Correct me if I'm wrong in my presumption that protesters generally run in teams and don't give a s**t about any other team.

lol

The freedom mob cut down trees to make gallows.

Their little leader Avi wanted BLM locked up.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Tim Pallas thinks that the toxic soil was a furphy anyway.

www.theage.com.au

Treasurer ‘not happy’ with Transurban, but future projects not off table

The government today announced it would pay $1.94 billion extra to cover a cost overrun on the West Gate tunnel project.
www.theage.com.au

Like Gift
Report Start conversation

2022-08-05
Seems Melbourne is the 'go to' place for contaminated soil these days:
In a couple of weeks scores of half-size shipping containers filled with tonnes of toxic soil will begin making the 3,500-kilometre journey from northern Australia to Victoria.

About 60,000 tonnes of contaminated soil is being dug up at RAAF Base Tindal

Once private companies are sticking the public tit, good luck weaning them off it. So did we a assume wnen the city link tolling expired, transurban would just pack up and leave!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back