Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Gralin

Super Moderator
Apr 8, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
thought it was more that the cooker (anti vax/ anti mandate) groups are becoming more and more irrelevant which is why they are quiet
they're still protesting pretty much every weekend just not getting the coverage now, except when they clash with other rallies like the women's abortion rights marches

they're really not anti authority

Kwality

Hall of Famer
Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Tim Pallas thinks that the toxic soil was a furphy anyway.

www.theage.com.au

Treasurer ‘not happy’ with Transurban, but future projects not off table

The government today announced it would pay $1.94 billion extra to cover a cost overrun on the West Gate tunnel project.
www.theage.com.au

Like Gift
Report Start conversation

2022-08-05
Seems Melbourne is the 'go to' place for contaminated soil these days:
In a couple of weeks scores of half-size shipping containers filled with tonnes of toxic soil will begin making the 3,500-kilometre journey from northern Australia to Victoria.

About 60,000 tonnes of contaminated soil is being dug up at RAAF Base Tindal

Gralin

Super Moderator
Apr 8, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
Are you having a dig at the new laws or at people picking and choosing when to go hate Dan?

Or both?
I'm having a dig at the new laws and the anti mandate *heads

The new laws are terrible and exactly what the antimandate crowd complain about, but not a peep from them because they don't actually care about other people's rights and freedoms, only their own

Mofra

Dec 6, 2005
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Coney Island Warriors
Who's going to run the hard hitting campaign? Matthew Guy? His Chief of Staff just quit for asking for a bribe on his behalf (even though Guy denies knowing about it).

A key plank in running an integrity campaign would be having your own integrity intact. Guy was allegedly possibly accused of being corrupt over Fishermens Bend, Phillip Island, plus asking for $100k donations off the books and meeting with mobsters.

Next thing you'll tell me the Libs are going to run on a campaign of fixing the health system, because they've got such a good record of doing that...
It was the whole point of Dan referring the party itself to the integrity commission. He knew, for all the issues that the ALP have, they were cleaner than the Libs

The Punter

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC
It was the whole point of Dan referring the party itself to the integrity commission. He knew, for all the issues that the ALP have, they were cleaner than the Libs

• Andrews referred half the ALP to IBAC (the half we wasn't in)
  • The red shirts was a systemic, intentional, malicious contravention of the rules that was perpetrated by the party apparatus, not some rogue element in the party or a flight of fancy for purely personal gain
  • Andrews, at the same time as the IBAC referral, effectively grabbed control of the entire party apparatus, so no process in the ALP with any respect to the rank-and-file membership operates any more

Politically, this is an issue related to credibility rather than measurement on the cleanliness scale. Bracks and Brumby were cleanskins in 1997-1999, so their attacks on Kennett's style and fondness for institutions like the Auditor-General carried weight. Andrews has presided over an attack on institutions which compares with Kennett's at best, but the political argument is now coming from someone who can be easily tarred with the same brush.

TL;DR - this is not an opportunity to herald Andrews' virtue in this regard. He's just up against someone who is not a cleanskin.

Evolved1

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2013
The lockdown state
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Phil Ivey
interesting though given this is an actual example of how Dan doesn't mind the police state

like the what about my freedoms Dan's a dictator crowd should be all over this, making protests illegal and what not

but they aren't for some reason, which I assume would be they don't give a * about people protesting logging or think those people should be locked up
Did any of the logging protesters make a stand for the freedom protesters?

Correct me if I'm wrong in my presumption that protesters generally run in teams and don't give a s**t about any other team.

Ghost Patrol

🦇 👻 🍒 🛠 🥷
Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Did any of the logging protesters make a stand for the freedom protesters?

Correct me if I'm wrong in my presumption that protesters generally run in teams and don't give a s**t about any other team.

lol

The freedom mob cut down trees to make gallows.

Their little leader Avi wanted BLM locked up.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks

www.theage.com.au

The government today announced it would pay $1.94 billion extra to cover a cost overrun on the West Gate tunnel project.
www.theage.com.au

Like Gift

2022-08-05
In a couple of weeks scores of half-size shipping containers filled with tonnes of toxic soil will begin making the 3,500-kilometre journey from northern Australia to Victoria.

Once private companies are sticking the public tit, good luck weaning them off it. So did we a assume wnen the city link tolling expired, transurban would just pack up and leave!

FIGJAM

FigBooty Legend
Feb 2, 2001
Valhalla
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
VFL Magpies
So why are you posting these charts and making claims about masks?
Must cut you and your fellow virtue-signalling idiots to the bone that the numbers are falling away at pace.

All without the need to crash the economy and thrash the public credit card.

You need to pay actual attention to the data! Not everyone who's making valid points is an anti-vax, anti-mask fringe lunatic.

The federal and state governments have nailed the response to this wave. Absolutely nailed it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kwality

Hall of Famer
Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1

Which integrity commission is that ?
The closest thing to one is Robert Redlich. See:

Media releases​

Found 3 results for misuse of public resources​

Note how current the above is. Misuse of public resources.

HurleyHepsHird

Maximum Praxis
Oct 2, 2011
Annares
AFL Club
West Coast
Genuinely glad to see the Federal Government following the lead of the Andrews Government and trying to make real progress on reconciliation and indigenous rights.

Something we'd sadly never see under a thoroughly racist and culture wars steeped Liberal leadership.

Gralin

Super Moderator
Apr 8, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
Genuinely glad to see the Federal Government following the lead of the Andrews Government and trying to make real progress on reconciliation and indigenous rights.

Something we'd sadly never see under a thoroughly racist and culture wars steeped Liberal leadership.
Yeah be nice if Andrews helped fund VALS properly and did something about the fact he's incarcerating Indigenous woman at prodigious rates.
Be nice if Andrews wasn't trying to make protests illegal.
Be nice if his so called big housing build wasn't mostly a way to grift for developers at the expense of people that need public housing.

I figure Albo will be able to be that progressive though, it's not hard to talk nice while being a campaigner.

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Is it over the top loyalty or is simply that there is not a viable alternative?

Dan is flawed. But most of the Liberals are outright kooks.

What is the alternative governments vision for Victoria? Because as far as I can tell when they are not protesting with cookers they are doing nothing else but sooking and moaning.

We have the liberals wiped out in WA. We have them capitulating in NSW. They cannot challenge an outright dud premier in QLD. They destroyed themselves in a single term in SA. They have entirely destroyed themselves federally.

Maybe, maybe, Dan is not the problem 🤔

You can still laugh at the opposition (and rightfully so), admit there’s no alternative (which there isn’t) whilst still calling out Dan’s BS. And there’s been plenty of it.

Dan is flawed. Correct. Nailed it. Some can’t even admit that.

QuietB

Hall of Famer
May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn

www.theage.com.au

www.theage.com.au

Like Gift

2022-08-05

The soil is not toxic, or if it is the contamination is extraordinarily low.

It is obviously a highly political issue though.

QuietB

Hall of Famer
May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You can still laugh at the opposition (and rightfully so), admit there’s no alternative (which there isn’t) whilst still calling out Dan’s BS. And there’s been plenty of it.

Dan is flawed. Correct. Nailed it. Some can’t even admit that.
I deleted my post when I realised I was replying to a post from May - oops

Gralin

Super Moderator
Apr 8, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
Yeah there doesn't seem to be a viable alternative in Victoria, the best option would probably be a Labor minority with a strong cross bench.

Just not sure we have the candidates for a strong cross bench.

Majorities for either of the big parties are proving bad for people on the ground but I have very little trust for anyone in the system

Remove this Banner Ad