Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masks should have been here and available before the winter spike in cases, let's be real
there's a lot that should have been done before winter
masks
boosters

states and feds have been playing see if we can pretend its over since we hit the vaccine targets last year and as usual they react slowly and well after the horse has bolted

Free N95 masks, free RATs, these things should have never gone away/not been part of the programs

Its a public health measure, the cost on the health systems of all the people with covid is not small, people bitching about wasting millions on preventative measures are pissing into the wind and calling it rain

masks
boosters

states and feds have been playing see if we can pretend its over since we hit the vaccine targets last year and as usual they react slowly and well after the horse has bolted

Free N95 masks, free RATs, these things should have never gone away/not been part of the programs

Its a public health measure, the cost on the health systems of all the people with covid is not small, people bitching about wasting millions on preventative measures are pissing into the wind and calling it rain
If it's a policy to protect against a winter that's almost over and a peak that has already peaked, then it is a waste of money.

The cost is not really a concern, we've spent mega billions defending against covid, whatever. But if it was that important to spend money on a fake winter policy, where was the real one three months ago?

It seems like a waste both ways, in its absence and in its too-late presence.

If it's a policy to protect against a winter that's almost over and a peak that has already peaked, then it is a waste of money.

The cost is not really a concern, we've spent mega billions defending against covid, whatever. But if it was that important to spend money on a fake winter policy, where was the real one three months ago?

It seems like a waste both ways, in its absence and in its too-late presence.
well I don't think the problem is magically going away

I know it looks like we have passed a peak but covid isn't going anywhere and wearing masks in certain settings needs to be normalised as the default option

well I don't think the problem is magically going away

I know it looks like we have passed a peak but covid isn't going anywhere and wearing masks in certain settings needs to be normalised as the default option
I don't disagree, but it will probably be around in the 4-6 weeks it takes to get through the free masks as well.

It seems to be a rug clearance-style shipping error or similar, just come out and admit it.

I don't disagree, but it will probably be around in the 4-6 weeks it takes to get through the free masks as well.

It seems to be a rug clearance-style shipping error or similar, just come out and admit it.

Another “hey look we’re doing something” type decision.

Is what it is. Hopefully people use them from the testing sites and don’t waste them.

masks
boosters

Have a sook campaigner!

Almost all of the above has been done by New Zealand and they have numbers the same of ours on a per capita basis.

You think your list is a panacea for this inevitable wave, but are nominating a suite of placebos.

From here, if the variants aren't shape shifting super variants that will literally require lock downs, then the measures should be targeted and let the general population make their own decisions on life with cautions and ensure that the economy is ticking over, because that is actually what pays for the health system.

Have a sook campaigner!

Almost all of the above has been done by New Zealand and they have numbers the same of ours on a per capita basis.

You think your list is a panacea for this inevitable wave, but are nominating a suite of placebos.

From here, if the variants aren't shape shifting super variants that will literally require lock downs, then the measures should be targeted and let the general population make their own decisions on life with cautions and ensure that the economy is ticking over, because that is actually what pays for the health system.
Spoken like a true freedumb

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spoken like a true freedumb
Pigeon-holed like a true virtue signalling campaigner!

By the way *head, what I am arguing for is sustaining the current health settings that have been implemented by all states, territories and the Albanese government. Yet your counter argument is to align me with the 'silly people who piss on the Shrine? * off!!!

May be helpful. Unlikely to be harmful apart from if they can’t attract staff to it. Also public hospitals are generally inefficient at admission and discharge processes compared to private.

Is October a realistic timeframe?
Depends if they are keeping on existing nursing staff and then using it as venue for the existing surgeons to come out from box hill, maybe they can’t get beds to operate due to too many medical (covid and other non surgical illness) patients in box hill?

Wasting my money on masks to buy votes just as the numbers are plummeting seems idiotic to me. Not only for wasting money, but also creating waste generally that ends up as landfill or killing small animals. Have them on store for the start of a new wave or a nasty variant, by all means, but not now FFS!

Have a sook campaigner

Another “hey look we’re doing something” type decision.

Free transport pledge for Victorian health and aged care workers in lead up to state election​

The Victorian opposition is pledging to make public transport free for nurses, paramedics and other health workers if they win the November state election.​

Free transport pledge for Victorian health and aged care workers in lead up to state election​

The Victorian opposition is pledging to make public transport free for nurses, paramedics and other health workers if they win the November state election.​

This will never happen.

Increased font size, bolded. I'm surprised you didn't try on some different colors as well.

You would have loved myspace!

What happens when we have state, federal governments, universities and industry working in sync.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back