Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so stupid it is painful. Firstly, I suspect that the vast majority of health and aged care workers will be working in facilities that are poorly serviced by public transport. Secondly, many of them work shifts when public transport is poor anyway. Basically, I reckon many of them would be driving to work.

And a zone 1&2 Myki, with a Commuter Club discount is about $1,600. For the few it might benefit, it's a nice little bonus. But it's hardly the same as a proper payrise. Oh, and of course... it's effectively sucking money out of the public transport system. That money has to come from somewhere -- why not just give them a payrise?

And the inequity of the policy is stupid -- two nurses, working the exact same conditions at the exact same hospital. One lives on a train line, the other drives to work. This is basically saying a great big * you to the one that drives.

It's the sort of policy you implement when you want to look like you are doing something without actually doing something.
it's basically a Scomo type special. Make a promise based on something that sounds appealing but has almost no effect.

This is so stupid it is painful. Firstly, I suspect that the vast majority of health and aged care workers will be working in facilities that are poorly serviced by public transport. Secondly, many of them work shifts when public transport is poor anyway. Basically, I reckon many of them would be driving to work.

And a zone 1&2 Myki, with a Commuter Club discount is about $1,600. For the few it might benefit, it's a nice little bonus. But it's hardly the same as a proper payrise. Oh, and of course... it's effectively sucking money out of the public transport system. That money has to come from somewhere -- why not just give them a payrise?

And the inequity of the policy is stupid -- two nurses, working the exact same conditions at the exact same hospital. One lives on a train line, the other drives to work. This is basically saying a great big * you to the one that drives.

It's the sort of policy you implement when you want to look like you are doing something without actually doing something.
Yet another thing favouring the inner city tertiaries and ******* over outer metro (I’ve had some time to think about it)

Yet another thing favouring the inner city tertiaries and ******* over outer metro (I’ve had some time to think about it)

The more I've had to think about it, the more I would be boiling with rage if I were a health care worker. It's beyond insulting. It's patronising. It's one step up from handing our food stamps. "We'd like to give you a payrise, but we don't think you can be trusted with the money so we'll give it to you in the form of vouchers."

The more I've had to think about it, the more I would be boiling with rage if I were a health care worker. It's beyond insulting. It's patronising. It's one step up from handing our food stamps. "We'd like to give you a payrise, but we don't think you can be trusted with the money so we'll give it to you in the form of vouchers."
Though I always thought free food at work goes a lot further than the dollar value of the food

Yeh not a lot of public transport to the Northern, unless you want to ride a bus, which means you might as well drive yourself.
There is Epping train line then a 10 minute walk (past a lot of dodgy boarding houses that our frequent presenters live in)

Though I always thought free food at work goes a lot further than the dollar value of the food

That's kinda the point though. Companies come up with these sorts of 'perks' because it's a way to pay their staff less. The fact that you perceive the value to be greater than the cost of the food is exactly what they are preying on.

That's kinda the point though. Companies come up with these sorts of 'perks' because it's a way to pay their staff less. The fact that you perceive the value to be greater than the cost of the food is exactly what they are preying on.
when you factor in - barriers to leaving the floor to access food elsewhere/ time to bother packing own food, i think thats where the extra value comes from

Come November, I have been convinced by about 6 posters on here to give my first preference to labor. Love reading their posts especially those that don't even live in Victoria.:)

Don't really care about policies or personalities. Think that to see labor get back in with only a couple or so seats lost would make this thread so pleasurable to read.

4 more years sounds so good.

Come November, I have been convinced by about 6 posters on here to give my first preference to labor. Love reading their posts especially those that don't even live in Victoria.:)

Don't really care about policies or personalities. Think that to see labor get back in with only a couple or so seats lost would make this thread so pleasurable to read.

If you think those posters are bad you should give 3AW a listen. It is an censored version of Derek and Clive - very funny if you listen as a comedy sketch rather news.

Has pre polling opened? I am ready to cast my vote.

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Basing your election vote on 6 posters from an online footy forum? 😂
Cmon Maggs, no you’re not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basing your election vote on 6 posters from an online footy forum? 😂
Cmon Maggs, no you’re not.
I really am, maybe more than six but they are absolute nutters who just whinge, whinge, whinge and even talk about Dan in other threads.
So much hate, makes me laugh.

I wonder whether it is legal to take a photo of ballot paper, might even post on here.:p
If you think those posters are bad you should give 3AW a listen. It is an censored version of Derek and Clive - very funny if you listen as a comedy sketch rather news.

Has pre polling opened? I am ready to cast my vote.

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Haven't listened to 3AW in decades about the same period where I haven't bought a News Limited newspaper or subscribed online.

Those news outlets rots one mind.

Will tag you when prepolling starts.;)

I really am, maybe more than six but they are absolute nutters who just whinge, whinge, whinge and even talk about Dan in other threads.
So much hate, makes me laugh.

I wonder whether it is legal to take a photo of ballot paper, might even post on here.:p

Haven't listened to 3AW in decades about the same period where I haven't bought a News Limited newspaper or subscribed online.

Those news outlets rots one mind.

Will tag you when prepolling starts.;)

If you could write a reason next to your vote and you put “due to bigfooty whingers”, I’d believe you and also chuckle.

Last edited:
If you could write a reason next to your vote and you put “due to bigfooty whingers”, I’d believe you.
Gee is that all?

I only want to do my bit so that next time Dan sneezes and is late with a tissue, some of you will be quick to post so I can continue to laugh.

Gee is that all?

I only want to do my bit so that next time Dan sneezes and is late with a tissue, some of you will be quick to post so I can continue to laugh.

That’s the beauty of bigfooty isn’t it? Wouldn’t it be boring if everyone had the exact same view as you?

That’s the beauty of bigfooty isn’t it? Wouldn’t it be boring if everyone had the exact same view as you?
No it would be great if one can express dislike with a party or leader without resorting to petty issues and just try occasionally to be balanced.
It would make for great discussion.

An example is I am not a fan or Guy nor Fiona but I don't constantly pick up on every issue, don't think without checking that I even commented on his Chief of Staff resigning which was big news. Over 950 posts in his thread of which I have made 28.

Over 4600 in this thread and I have made 84, just can't be bothered and only read for the laughs.

You have made three times as many as me.:think:

No it would be great if one can express dislike with a party or leader without resorting to petty issues and just try occasionally to be balanced.
It would make for great discussion.

An example is I am not a fan or Guy nor Fiona but I don't constantly pick up on every issue, don't think without checking that I even commented on his Chief of Staff resigning which was big news. Over 950 posts in his thread of which I have made 28.

Over 4600 in this thread and I have made 84, just can't be bothered and only read for the laughs.

You have made three times as many as me.:think:
Uh oh just realised I’m now number 2… even more posts than adogsfan5

I thought you had me on ignore. Don't tell me you've lied on the internet!
Link or are you just posting true to form?

Haven't had anyone on ignore for years, to difficult when reading threads and too tempting to not open. Just as easy to skip over posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back