Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it would be great if one can express dislike with a party or leader without resorting to petty issues and just try occasionally to be balanced.
It would make for great discussion.

An example is I am not a fan or Guy nor Fiona but I don't constantly pick up on every issue, don't think without checking that I even commented on his Chief of Staff resigning which was big news. Over 950 posts in his thread of which I have made 28.

Over 4600 in this thread and I have made 84, just can't be bothered and only read for the laughs.

You have made three times as many as me.:think:

Welcome to the last 3 years of Federal politics on this forum, did you vote ScoMo for the lols and melts?

No it would be great if one can express dislike with a party or leader without resorting to petty issues and just try occasionally to be balanced.
It would make for great discussion.

An example is I am not a fan or Guy nor Fiona but I don't constantly pick up on every issue, don't think without checking that I even commented on his Chief of Staff resigning which was big news. Over 950 posts in his thread of which I have made 28.

Over 4600 in this thread and I have made 84, just can't be bothered and only read for the laughs.

You have made three times as many as me.:think:

I think that’s a reasonable request but some just simply don’t like the guy. Same s**t happens on plenty of political threads.

What’s my posting numbers got to do with anything? 😂

You say you can’t be bothered but then you say you’re basing your vote on this footy forum?

Last edited:

Welcome to the last 3 years of Federal politics on this forum, did you vote ScoMo for the lols and melts?
Andrews:D thread, I was waiting for you though.

You say you can’t be bothered but then you say you’re basing your vote on this footy forum? Strange.
Living in an overwhelming Labor seat, my vote won't make a bit of difference, but I will still enjoy casting my vote.

I would love to live in a swing seat as all my voting life I have lived in damn safe seats, then I might be a bit more serious.

There's more whinging about trivialities on the ScoMo thread than anywhere else on the SRP imo. I only read it when something interesting happens.

It’s completely ridiculous yet they’ll come in here and bitch that someone doesn’t like Dan…

I don’t really care much for federal politics, just enjoyed the lols the last 3 years and the massive melts after the 2019 election. Only thing is my cricket club will continue to operate out of completely unacceptable rooms with no female facilities for the girls teams under the new ALP government because they made funding sports clubs an unacceptable thing.

Other than that, federal politics rarely affects my daily life, Dans * ups on the other hand…

But the difference between this and the 2019 Federal election is no one thinks Guy can win. So people expecting melts will be very, very disappointed.

There's more whinging about trivialities on the ScoMo thread than anywhere else on the SRP imo. I only read it when something interesting happens.
And now my friends, if you listen real close, you can hear the overtone window shifting a little more to the right.

Andrews:D thread, I was waiting for you though.

Living in an overwhelming Labor seat, my vote won't make a bit of difference, but I will still enjoy casting my vote.

I would love to live in a swing seat as all my voting life I have lived in damn safe seats, then I might be a bit more serious.
One of the most satisfyingly I've ever done in my life was voting Frydenberg out. I wasn't expecting the attempt to actually succeed but the result was very cathartic.

Just substitute those posters who just parrot Andrew Bolt, Peta Credlin, Paul Murray, Gerard Henderson Rowen Dean, Neil Mitchell, Tom Elliott, Rita Pahini talking points.

We are voting against there views.

Yeah, I've started reading eddie's posts in Rowan Dean's voice

[QUOTE="eddiesmith, post: 76196622,
Only thing is my cricket club will continue to operate out of completely unacceptable rooms with no female facilities for the girls teams under the new ALP government because they made funding sports clubs an unacceptable thing.

Other than that, federal politics rarely affects my daily life, Dans * ups on the other hand…

[/QUOTE]
Take it to the Sports Rorts thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s completely ridiculous yet they’ll come in here and bitch that someone doesn’t like Dan…

I don’t really care much for federal politics, just enjoyed the lols the last 3 years and the massive melts after the 2019 election. Only thing is my cricket club will continue to operate out of completely unacceptable rooms with no female facilities for the girls teams under the new ALP government because they made funding sports clubs an unacceptable thing.

But the difference between this and the 2019 Federal election is no one thinks Guy can win. So people expecting melts will be very, very disappointed.
I expect zero melts here when Dan wins. I'll be voting LNP as a protest vote while recognising there's no opposition.

That the LNP aren't competent enough to run the state might be seen as something to cheer about for the flag wavers, but it just means there's no accountability. That should concern everyone.

One of the most satisfyingly I've ever done in my life was voting Frydenberg out. I wasn't expecting the attempt to actually succeed but the result was very cathartic.
Lucky you, would love to live in a seat where my vote matters. Although she was a formidable candidate and he was on the nose.

I expect zero melts here when Dan wins. I'll be voting LNP as a protest vote while recognising there's no opposition.

That the LNP aren't competent enough to run the state might be seen as something to cheer about for the flag wavers, but it just means there's no accountability. That should concern everyone.
Pretty much everything I've read from left-leaning folks in this thread is that Vic ALP is imperfect (privatization, debt, group-ticket-voting) and that a competent opposition is desirable. I haven't seen any ALP partisans praising a one-party state because they understand the dangers it poses.

Protest voting for a party you don't believe is capable of running the state is a stupid idea though. It sends the signal that you support their incompetence.

Pretty much everything I've read from left-leaning folks in this thread is that Vic ALP is imperfect (privatization, debt, group-ticket-voting) and that a competent opposition is desirable. I haven't seen any ALP partisans praising a one-party state because they understand the dangers it poses.

Protest voting for a party you don't believe is capable of running the state is a stupid idea though. It sends the signal that you support their incompetence.

That’s probably cos you’ve only been here for 5 minutes…

The partisan barracking the last 2 years would make the Richmond board look balanced.

Who would have thought that the WHO's Dr David Nabarro was a "cooker"?

Imaging the flaming in here if Nabarro argued for a "middle path" this time last year! He'd have been burnt to a crisp!!

Who would have thought that the WHO's Dr David Nabarro was a "cooker"?

Imaging the flaming in here if Nabarro argued for a "middle path" this time last year! He'd have been burnt to a crisp!!

Bloody “let-her-rip” selfish prick!

Jokes aside, in fairness he did say “lockdowns were an effective way for governments to buy time to prepare their health systems”. In which ours is clearly severely battered, needed protection and was never going to be efficiently prepared for covid.

Uh oh just realised I’m now number 2… even more posts than adogsfan5
catch me if you can racing GIF by LEGO

Bloody “let-her-rip” selfish prick!

Jokes aside, in fairness he did say “lockdowns were an effective way for governments to buy time to prepare their health systems”. In which ours is clearly severely battered, needed protection and was never going to be efficiently prepared for covid.
Those of us arguing for a 'middle path' never argued otherwise! As a matter of fact, stay at home orders are by miles the best at flattening curves.

It's just that even when it was apparent that the health system could handle cases, we reopened at excruciatingly conservative and therefore slow speeds that adversely impacted everyone (directly or indirectly).

When you consider that the ultra conservative recommendations by the CHO and deputy CHO would have recently seen us have work from home orders and blanket indoor mask mandates if they still held the power, you can see why we were locked down for far too long. Fortunately that myopic bunch no longer have absolute power!

Lack of transparency over the SRL is bad. I want a SRL that plans for the future but the ALP have been avoiding a lot of independent assessments of their plan.

Lack of transparency over the SRL is bad. I want a SRL that plans for the future but the ALP have been avoiding a lot of independent assessments of their plan.
That report is not worth the paper it written on.

On 10 May 2022, the Hon. Matthew Guy MP, Leader of the Opposition, asked the Parliamentary Budget Officer to provide independent advice about the total cost of building and operating the Suburban Rail Loop (SRL).

Scope
In this advice we consider:

the total nominal cost of building SRL East from 2019–20 to 2034–35
the total nominal cost of building and operating SRL East and North from 2019–20 to 2084–85 according to the government’s Option A scenario for SRL North.

The report was written at the request of Matthew Guy and was deliberately framed to result in a grossly misleading result by including 50 years worth of Opex and Capex (measured at nominal value) into the cost of the SRL. You are including the cost buying replacement trains in 40 years time in the capital cost of the SRL. It is total bullshit.

If you read what the have PBO have actually done, it take the Government's actual forecast capex, add in 50 years worth of Opex and than added together (without adjusting for inflation). It is totally meaningless.

Last edited:
That report is not worth the paper it written on.

The report was written at the request of Matthew Guy and was deliberately framed to result in a grossly misleading result by including 50 years worth of Opex and Capex (measured at nominal value) into the cost of the SRL. You are including the cost buying replacement trains in 40 years time in the capital cost of the SRL. It is total bullshit.

If you read what the have PBO have actually done, it take the Government's actual forecast capex, add in 50 years worth of Opex and than added together (without adjusting for inflation). It is totally meaningless.
Thank you for the reply. I had assumed the ABC would be more thorough in their reporting. I appreciate the context you have applied to the report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back