Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Evolved1

Cancelled
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Gees you lunatic right wing nutjobs and your threats of death.

So now I’ve heard of red mist, another bf poster (MrPP) call for his assassination and now this lol.

Hating on Dan Andrews is a legitimate mental health condition.

Morrison does 5000x worse things including betraying his BFFL Frydenberg and not a peep of a death threat.
While I disagree with that poster, I see no death threat in their post.

We've had left wing posters call for protesters to be shot with live rounds, so I wouldn't be claiming the high moral ground for your side.

Achy Blakey Heart

Club Legend
Suspended
Jun 29, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Celtics,Red Sox,Patriots,Dragons,
Gees you lunatic right wing nutjobs and your threats of death.

So now I’ve heard of red mist, another bf poster (MrPP) call for his assassination and now this lol.

Hating on Dan Andrews is a legitimate mental health condition.

Morrison does 5000x worse things including betraying his BFFL Frydenberg and not a peep of a death threat.

You actually want to count up how many times left posters on here posted similar threats to Scomo....oh wait that's different.

madmug

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Dim Tim Wilson, the RW apologist & EX member of the HoR, on Radio National this morning was offering up his usual BS as to why Dan Andrews, & also Albo won. Always the excuses. Blaming the (ALP inspired!) demise of home ownership & the new generations not taking enough personal responsibility for taking charge of their own lives. Also Billionaires buying seats.

If its the ALP plan to reduce home ownership to affect voting patterns, the NSW & Tas LNP Governments must also be in on it too! How stupid must they be!!

Billionares! No comment about Fatty Palmer pouring in $millions to try to unseat the ALP, No comment about media Moguls like Murdock through the print media total attacks on anything ALP. Nothing about Billionaires like Gina Rinehart, also the Lie (Sky) Channel complete biased & attacks.

It appears the Party of personal responsibility takes no personal responsibility at all.

Apparently he wrote all this garbage in the Fin Rev.

Self-delusion at its finest.

kaka

Team Captain
Jul 10, 2004
AFL Club
Geelong
Dim Tim Wilson, the RW apologist & EX member of the HoR, on Radio National this morning was offering up his usual BS as to why Dan Andrews, & also Albo won. Always the excuses. Blaming the (ALP inspired!) demise of home ownership & the new generations not taking enough personal responsibility for taking charge of their own lives. Also Billionaires buying seats.

If its the ALP plan to reduce home ownership to affect voting patterns, the NSW & Tas LNP Governments must also be in on it too! How stupid must they be!!

Billionares! No comment about Fatty Palmer pouring in $millions to try to unseat the ALP, No comment about media Moguls like Murdock through the print media total attacks on anything ALP. Nothing about Billionaires like Gina Rinehart, also the Lie (Sky) Channel complete biased & attacks.

It appears the Party of personal responsibility takes no personal responsibility at all.

Tim Wilson is a great representative for Tim Wilson and Tim Wilson’s interests.

How anyone would vote for him I find quite perplexing.

madmug

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Tim Wilson is a great representative for Tim Wilson and Tim Wilson’s interests.

How anyone would vote for him I find quite perplexing.

His answer was that he got more votes than Labor. The preferences didn't go his way.

The reason is in my post. It was everyone else's fault!!!

Ned_Flanders

Premium Platinum
Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76'ers

The libs at my booth were mostly pretty cool. most sounded like frydo style moderates, and hated the direction the party had taken on immigration and climate change.

the exception was one guy who was flown in from QLD. He was full on Dutton talking points, saying the teal voters were all wealthy people who were guilty about being successful and could afford for the economy to be destroyed. Even his mates were saying "you dont know who this people are and why they voted teal"

In my ignorant opinion, Libs win Vic AND Federal by doing one thing - finding a way to get the teals back into the Liberal tent

Gough

Sep 29, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The libs at my booth were mostly pretty cool. most sounded like frydo style moderates, and hated the direction the party had taken on immigration and climate change.

the exception was one guy who was flown in from QLD. He was full on Dutton talking points, saying the teal voters were all wealthy people who were guilty about being successful and could afford for the economy to be destroyed. Even his mates were saying "you dont know who this people are and why they voted teal"

In my ignorant opinion, Libs win Vic AND Federal by doing one thing - finding a way to get the teals back into the Liberal tent
When I hear people talk about conservative values I never know what they mean any more. Economically they aren't conservative and frugal in their spending, conservative governments are the highest taxing in Australian history, they seem happy enough to destroy institutions that they profess to want to protect, and they certainly don't want to conserve the environment, it's like they only exist to oppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Punter

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC
When I hear people talk about conservative values I never know what they mean any more. Economically they aren't conservative and frugal in their spending, conservative governments are the highest taxing in Australian history, they seem happy enough to destroy institutions that they profess to want to protect, and they certainly don't want to conserve the environment, it's like they only exist to oppose.

That's because here and in America, the term has been used to describe people who are anything but conservative, but more reactionaries.

Ned_Flanders

Premium Platinum
Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76'ers

if you listen to Sky News in the last 48hrs, its:

• no sex education in schools
  • gender is determined at birth and nothing more
  • hetro relationships are the norm and are what should be supported and condoned
  • we are a white nation; we shouldnt be focusing on who we took the land from, and immigrants need to act like us or GTFO
  • we are a christian nation, and the faith has a role in govt

nobbyiscool

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 11, 2006
Democratic People's Republic of Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Raiders/TasTigers/MV/Iggles

As long as they keep blaming voters rather than looking inwards, I think this lefty will enjoy a lot of elections in the coming years.

Crankyhawk

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
There's not doing it without a counter-argument inside the party.
And unfortunately the ones in charge of the media/ media commentary appear (to me) to be the reactionary types who are actively celebrating when those who raise the counter argument lose their seats

GreyWind

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2007
The North
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Also my ignorant opinion but the "broad church" moniker is coming back to bite them on the arse, especially in inner city seats where the majority of voters are socially progressive and believe in climate change. The LNP have to run moderates in these seats with a chance to win and when you have the loons repeating these far right talking points.
  • no sex education in schools
  • gender is determined at birth and nothing more
  • hetro relationships are the norm and are what should be supported and condoned
  • we are a white nation; we shouldnt be focusing on who we took the land from, and immigrants need to act like us or GTFO
  • we are a christian nation, and the faith has a role in govt
They won't win the inner city and push former LNP voters towards the moderate Teals and even Independents potentially in rural seats.

madmug

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
As long as they keep blaming voters rather than looking inwards, I think this lefty will enjoy a lot of elections in the coming years.

Maybe, the problem is that we really need Political discussion over policy, not over ideology, religion & the new one, culture wars. Strong robust sensible policy discussion from all areas of the body politic. Thats best for the nation.

Having sensible policy discussion is the mature operation of our Parliamentary system. Thats what is missing in the LNP now.

Dim Tim & Lie Sky are all about blaming the LNP for not being RW Conservative enough!! ie Purge the party of the lefties!

FMD! yes let's narrow the RW gene pool even more. The broad church wants to lock its doors!!!

Sand, Head, in.

Ned_Flanders

Premium Platinum
Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76'ers
They're not doing it without a counter-argument inside the party.

Q for you

if you were given the power to do something similar to a Macklin-Bracks review of the Vic Lib party structures and systems, what would you change to get the party membership and structures to a position you think it needs to be in?

The Punter

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC
Q for you

if you were given the power to do something similar to a Macklin-Bracks review of the Vic Lib party structures and systems, what would you change to get the party membership and structures to a position you think it needs to be in?

I don't want to appear mean spirited, but I'll keep that for internal processes. But I will say this - there will be a review, and a lot of the issues from this election were highlighted in the review four years ago.

Ned_Flanders

Premium Platinum
Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76'ers
I don't want to appear mean spirited, but I'll keep that for internal processes. But I will say this - there will be a review, and a lot of the issues from this election were highlighted in the review four years ago.

fair enough mate - i can appreciate your reasons for discretion

nobbyiscool

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 11, 2006
Democratic People's Republic of Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Raiders/TasTigers/MV/Iggles
I don’t think any outsiders can answer that question, cos it goes right to the heart of internal structures, branch structures and policy development.

One thing they do need to realise is that listening to the Herald Sun & Sky on policy matters, then blaming the electorate for losing, will never win them another election again in Victoria.

It’s much harder, and it requires much more work, but you need to get out into communities and sub-branch meetings. There is an upper house member that represented my area who didn’t turn up to one particular sub branch for the last 4 years. (Presumably cos they’re home watching Sky AD for their ideas instead…)

That can’t happen, your policies will never reflect the community if you’re just listening to a vocal minority.

Edit: just further to that, I knew some people at level crossings and some people in the labor party during the last election. I use Steve Dimopoulos as a great example of being in the community. There was SO much vocal opposition to the sky rail project in his seat.

He didnt shirk it. He answered every email, turned up at every level crossings event, allowed whoever wanted to an opportunity to vent - and then he’d listen to their needs and advocate for them.

And in 2018 he got a swing better than 10%.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad