Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Kwality

Hall of Famer
Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
live in an area i suspect has strongly embraced the unhinged lunacy of clive palmer .... if andrews gets up i will genuinely struggle to wipe the grin off my ugly mug .... it will be glorious
Where /which seat has the UAP a chance against Dan?

kalex6251

All Australian
Nov 12, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
i live in an area that has embraced this luncacy ..... never said anything about this being an electorate wide thing .... never said anything about the uap being a chance either

eddiesmith

TheBrownDog
Suspended
Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
I seriously can't wait for November elections, so much fun ahead.

But Dan would have to choke like Collingwood in the 2018 Grand Final to lose, only interest will be what seats he loses, how he does in Regional Victoria having screwed us over for 8 years and how hostile the upper house ends up being.

Evolved1

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2013
The lockdown state
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Phil Ivey
But Dan would have to choke like Collingwood in the 2018 Grand Final to lose, only interest will be what seats he loses, how he does in Regional Victoria having screwed us over for 8 years and how hostile the upper house ends up being.
The melts here would be awesome in the unlikely event that Dan gets the boot. Can you imagine how funny it would be?

Engimal v3

https://www.stan.com.au/sport
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tasmania
Unlikely ?

Daniel Andrews is hated and will be voted out faster than you can say adios muchacho

I reckon if you sampled 100 Victorians, 90 wouldn't know who Matthew Guy is lol

Gralin

Super Moderator
Apr 8, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
I agree, haven't really seen too many Dan lovers. Some have defended him against some strange accusations but doesn't mean loving him.
I'd be happy for Dan to go if we had a viable alternative which we don't

Best case for me really would be Andrews deciding to retire and Labor going into the election with Merlino or someone else instead

Maggie5

Apr 3, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood

Best case for me really would be Andrews deciding to retire and Labor going into the election with Merlino or someone else instead
Yep, I am a huge Merlino fan from what I have seen at press conferences. Is much more relatable than Andrews.

Brunswick Trap King

Lord Mayor of Melbourne
Jun 1, 2009
Brunswick
AFL Club
West Coast

I'd probably prefer someone other than Merlino. He's too committed to the Catholic Church and typically votes in line with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
The melts here would be awesome in the unlikely event that Dan gets the boot. Can you imagine how funny it would be?
I think most would be indifferent if it were somebody like O'Brien. We'd just have another 3 years of nothing like the Napthine/Baillieu era.

But if was Guy, then I imagine the corruption accusations which clouded him when he was the planning minister would probably go into hyperdrive.

Best result? Hung parliament. Always.

Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
live in an area i suspect has strongly embraced the unhinged lunacy of clive palmer .... if andrews gets up i will genuinely struggle to wipe the grin off my ugly mug .... it will be glorious
Yeah, I think the Libs are at best hoping to win back a few seats and perhaps have a say in the upper house. But there are UAP people and other fringe groups who genuinely think the Andrews Govt will be turfed at the next election.

I think we'll get protests again and their usual cooker stuff. I think during the campaign they'll realise, when the news are talking about Andrews winning by how much, and they'll play up quite a bit during the campaign. Wouldn't be surprised if they call everything "rigged".

brenna21

Draftee
May 20, 2022
AFL Club
Collingwood
Andrews shows that he doesn't care about the people of victoria unless it is a bad look for him. This whole ESTA thing is laughable. How can triple zero go from being very reliable for as long as I can remember to him putting in ESTA for whatever reason and the system becoming so bad. I have had to call triple zero twice in the past 6 months and the people on the phone's are terrible at their job. Whether it's lack of training or experience it's not good enough

pazza

Hall of Famer
Feb 18, 2003
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Andrews shows that he doesn't care about the people of victoria unless it is a bad look for him. This whole ESTA thing is laughable. How can triple zero go from being very reliable for as long as I can remember to him putting in ESTA for whatever reason and the system becoming so bad. I have had to call triple zero twice in the past 6 months and the people on the phone's are terrible at their job. Whether it's lack of training or experience it's not good enough

ESTA has been privatised since it was known as Intergraph under Jeff.

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

But but but Matthew Guy..

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Who cares about matthew guy I'm sure he would be just as bad as andrews I was talking about reality

But that seems to be the main rebuttal. If Andrews has stuffed something up, rather than addressing it, it seems to always go back to “but Guy wouldn’t have done much better” or “the health system has always been buggered”.

Last edited:

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Let’s see what comes out of this meeting today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad