Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Andrews shows that he doesn't care about the people of victoria unless it is a bad look for him. This whole ESTA thing is laughable. How can triple zero go from being very reliable for as long as I can remember to him putting in ESTA for whatever reason and the system becoming so bad. I have had to call triple zero twice in the past 6 months and the people on the phone's are terrible at their job. Whether it's lack of training or experience it's not good enough

It needs to be fixed.

Though getting in those well known lovers of public services the LNP may not be the answer.

Best case for Vic now would be LNP to become a minor party and it become a battle between greens and ALP.

Similar to California, as it’s so safe to ALP here they can get complacent.

brenna21

Draftee
May 20, 2022
AFL Club
Collingwood
But that seems to be the main rebuttal. If Andrews has stuffed something up, rather than addressing it, it seems to always go back to “but Guy wouldn’t have done much better” or “the health system has always been buggered”.
Shouldn't whoever is in charge do what is best for the people. I mean andrews stood up there for 100 days and acted like he cared about people's suffering and the welfare of 90 year olds dying with covid yet on the other hand hasn't saved the 90 year old from building more and better hospitals

eddiesmith

TheBrownDog
Suspended
Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
But that seems to be the main rebuttal. If Andrews has stuffed something up, rather than addressing it, it seems to always go back to “but Guy wouldn’t have done much better” or “the health system has always been buggered”.

Whilst ignoring that Dans been Premier for 8 years, 4 years as health minister and 19/23 years the Labor party has been in power. But it’s all Kennetts fault or the one term in the middle…

eddiesmith

TheBrownDog
Suspended
Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
It needs to be fixed.

Though getting in those well known lovers of public services the LNP may not be the answer.

Best case for Vic now would be LNP to become a minor party and it become a battle between greens and ALP.

The Victorian Greens who just say ‘Yes Dan’ that would make things less complacent???

Maggie5

Apr 3, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
It seems a natural go to.

I was asked what Federal Labor would have done better when Covid hit, not that I ever mentioned it, just that I thought LNP handle/d it badly.

I don't have an issue with it. I rather like... but LAYBUH.

I laugh.

Last edited:

Sttew

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 28, 2006
Who's asking?
AFL Club
Geelong
It will be very interesting when the unauthorised biography on Dan Andrews is released in coming months. Word is ALP is bracing itself for a disastrous fallout.

Brunswick Trap King

Lord Mayor of Melbourne
Jun 1, 2009
Brunswick
AFL Club
West Coast
It will be very interesting when the unauthorised biography on Dan Andrews is released in coming months. Word is ALP is bracing itself for a disastrous fallout.
I thought it was already released and tried to download it a few days ago. I was a bit disappointed that it's not out for a while yet but I'm looking forward to reading it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kalex6251

All Australian
Nov 12, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
some significant swings to the right in the north west seats of melbourne (NB: no lost alp seats tho) ....... but ...... BUT

significant swings to the alp in the east and south of melbourne

make of it what you will

Maggie5

Apr 3, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Dear eddiesmith have just come home from a very tiring day but you and some of your mates on hear will be pleased to read that I think Dictator Dan is in big trouble in November.

eddiesmith

TheBrownDog
Suspended
Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
Dear eddiesmith have just come home from a very tiring day but you and some of your mates on hear will be pleased to read that I think Dictator Dan is in big trouble in November.

Why? I see no reason to suspect he will be, if anything today showed that Victorians have drunk the Kool Aid and believe everything that went wrong in Victoria wasn’t Dans fault.

HurleyHepsHird

Maximum Praxis
Oct 2, 2011
Annares
AFL Club
West Coast
It needs to be fixed.

Absolutely.

Victoria should be a Labor v Greens state.

HurleyHepsHird

Maximum Praxis
Oct 2, 2011
Annares
AFL Club
West Coast
Why? I see no reason to suspect he will be, if anything today showed that Victorians have drunk the Kool Aid and believe everything that went wrong in Victoria wasn’t Dans fault.
Victorians hate the Liberal party? That's not "drinking the Kool Aid", it's just the politics of the state.

Sensible economically progressive governance.

Achy Blakey Heart

Premium Platinum
Jun 29, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Celtics,Red Sox,Patriots,Dragons,
Victorians hate the Liberal party? That's not "drinking the Kool Aid", it's just the politics of the state.

Sensible economically progressive governance.

Wrong. Melbourne love ALP/Greens. The rest of the state detest them. Andrews only has to appease the big city to win. Hence why in the regions he ducked us during lockdowns and he gives us nothing regionally. City focused campaigner.

Gralin

Super Moderator
Apr 8, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
Wrong. Melbourne love ALP/Greens. The rest of the state detest them. Andrews only has to appease the big city to win. Hence why in the regions he ducked us during lockdowns and he gives us nothing regionally. City focused campaigner.
you're going to be in here for the next 6 months claiming victory until Andrews wins then go quiet yeah?

kalex6251

All Australian
Nov 12, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
The Liberal Party apparatchik on the ABC election coverage last night said that things will get worse for the Vic Libs - before they get worse again.
its an issue that is being played out in the state liberal parties of victoria, west aus and south aus (similar concerns have been noted in qld to)

dont - DONT - engage the unhinged religious right ..... michael kroger (and marcus bastiaan) has completely f$%ked the victorian liberal party ...... long may they suffer because of it

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad