Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet never got fined, amazing isn’t it given Dans hardcore stance and ring of steel…😂😂

Essential workers with licences for multiple locations is very handy 😉

Odd brag mate considering we haven't been Locked down for months.

You need to move on with your life, the rest of the state has.

You didn't indicate that when you posted/boasted.

People like you make it hard on those that obey rules, hope someone didn't suffer because of your selfishness.

I did always maintain I was legally allowed to travel anywhere, just because it upset those good little people who obeyed every rule like gospel. I was even out after 9pm at night, oh the travesty…

Yeah I hope some of those anal rule followers did suffer, but they didn’t because of me following the rules that applied to me.

Odd brag mate considering we haven't been Locked down for months.

You need to move on with your life, the rest of the state has.

So have I, I didn’t bring it up. It’s always interesting how we are apparently banned from responding to people cos you’ve moved on…

But hey 13,000 cases today, Monkeypox running wild, I would laugh if Dan finally had to bring in another Melbourne lockdown. 😂😂

I did always maintain I was legally allowed to travel anywhere, just because it upset those good little people who obeyed every rule like gospel. I was even out after 9pm at night, oh the travesty…

Yeah I hope some of those anal rule followers did suffer, but they didn’t because of me following the rules that applied to me.
Sorry, don't believe you. Go back and re read your boasts.

So have I, I didn’t bring it up. It’s always interesting how we are apparently banned from responding to people cos you’ve moved on…

Where did I say you were banned from ranting about old stuff that is now irrelevant?

HINT: I didn't.

I just find it odd mate. As I said, the rest of us have moved on from lockdowns and you should too. It might make your days a bit better if you don't hold onto this rage for so long.

If you are talking about his handling of the pandemic I don't agree he exhibited a belligerent, bullying, narcissistic personality. Did he get frustrated with anti-vaxxer, anti-lockdown loonies or freaks like Peta Credlin trying to use the pandemic to play politics? No doubt but for the most part I think he handled it about as well as anyone in that position could have. The alternative was to let it rip and see the health system completely overrun. He did this while getting little support from Canberra with regards to hotel quarantine, international arrivals, financial assistance, vaccines, RATs etc. To top it off we ended up having to go back into lockdown because other states refused to which brought it back to Victoria.

I had two young kids doing home schooling which was not easy I can tell you. I was also lucky enough to keep working from home throughout as was my wife so we didn't suffer like others did but we still missed out on plenty in those two years - I just don't see what the alternative was. There may end up being significant backlash against Labor and Andrews, I know plenty of people who hate him - but they were unlikely to vote ALP anyway. But even those who were frustrated at the start, by late last year understood the need for those lockdowns while we waited to get the population vaccinated as covid started to become rampant throughout Victoria.

But we went into lockdown to protect the health system he’s responsible for and because his government boasted about suggesting hotel quarantine then were the only state to * it up in 2020.

It’s one thing to say we had to lockdown because it was out of control, yeah out of control due to Andrew’s government’s incompetence.

NSW manages multiple outbreaks without lockdowns, it was only Delta in mid 2021 that broke through, after Victoria had faced 5 lockdowns due to government incompetence.

The February lockdown causing all the angst about what people said was solely due to the contact tracing failing after 5 new cases. 12 months in and it fell apart that easily, incompetence.

I think that a high number of posters do call it out but you can't see it.

For me the thing is when the posters that hate him and call out every minor thing he also may have done wrong are silent if the other side does it and more.

I see this as hypocrisy, and just laugh at a number of posts. Especially some posters follow each other just like a hanging mob.

They either don't care about honesty and integrity in politics or just hate Dan.

Or Dan locking people down has a negative effect on Victorians lives, what happened in NSW has no effect, yet you had posters bitching of but Gladys, who cares? It’s like sports Rorts, who cares? What effect did it have on anyones lives? Yet at the time it was the worst thing any government had done. But costing people their livelihoods was all good cos Dan…

People who think if you comment on one politician you have to care about everyone are just strange. People will get more passionate about things that matter, not those that don’t.

Or Dan locking people down has a negative effect on Victorians lives, what happened in NSW has no effect, yet you had posters bitching of but Gladys, who cares? It’s like sports Rorts, who cares? What effect did it have on anyones lives? Yet at the time it was the worst thing any government had done. But costing people their livelihoods was all good cos Dan…

The majority of Victorians have moved on from what happened in 2020 & 2021-- Victorians understand why lockdowns occurred when we had an unvaccinated community with a more deadly strain of the virus and no ability to rapidly test for as many cases as we can today.

We're in a different stage of the pandemic and most people have moved on. I suggest you do the same instead of posting the SAME rants we all read last year.

If you are talking about his handling of the pandemic I don't agree he exhibited a belligerent, bullying, narcissistic personality. Did he get frustrated with anti-vaxxer, anti-lockdown loonies or freaks like Peta Credlin trying to use the pandemic to play politics? No doubt but for the most part I think he handled it about as well as anyone in that position could have. The alternative was to let it rip and see the health system completely overrun. He did this while getting little support from Canberra with regards to hotel quarantine, international arrivals, financial assistance, vaccines, RATs etc. To top it off we ended up having to go back into lockdown because other states refused to which brought it back to Victoria.

I had two young kids doing home schooling which was not easy I can tell you. I was also lucky enough to keep working from home throughout as was my wife so we didn't suffer like others did but we still missed out on plenty in those two years - I just don't see what the alternative was. There may end up being significant backlash against Labor and Andrews, I know plenty of people who hate him - but they were unlikely to vote ALP anyway. But even those who were frustrated at the start, by late last year understood the need for those lockdowns while we waited to get the population vaccinated as covid started to become rampant throughout Victoria.

No sympathy for ballsing quarantine up given that Andrews came up with the brilliant idea and took on the responsibility with gusto. There's no way the State premiers (Labor ones in particular) were going to give up control of state borders, via the airports at least, to the Feds.

You're arguing in bad faith if you continue to insist to this day that Labor state politicians were ever keen to defer that responsibility to a Liberal Fed government, no way in hell was that gonna happen on their watch.

I could tell from the glee in their faces (specially Andrews) that they couldn't wait to grandstand on the management of it for promotional purposes on the upcoming elections (i.e. Vic Labor kept you safe from covid). Unfortunately for Andrews, you could say that he might be a brilliant political animal in knowing what it takes to buy votes and win elections but when it comes to actually real leadership in a moment of crisis, the guy is a hack of the highest order.

He claimed playing golf and buying a pair sneakers wasn't worth someone's life but he hired low skilled and lowly paid workers to be the first line of defense against a virus that in his opinion was extremely deadly. And not only that he never learnt any lessons from his repeated incompetence and kept on making the same mistakes again and again.

Does that sound like an individual that heeds his own advice and is being fair dinkum with his constituents? Clearly not and you making up excuses for it and trying to shift the blame on the Feds makes me believe you're nothing more than a political cheerleader/fanboi of leftwing ideology, politicians and political parties.

If Andrews didn't want to take on the quarantine responsibility all he had to do was close the borders, like he did for about 8 or so months between March 2020 and May 2021, and force Morrison's hand on the issue and leave the Feds no choice to do something about it instead. So don't go around pretending this wasn't something Andrews wanted to be in charge of running as every piece of evidence points to him most definitely wanting it for his own political agendas.

And to make up for his mistakes in the mishandling of the pandemic he overreached the political powers bestowed on him by introducing draconian illiberal undemocratic rules on his constituents (mandatory vaccinations, ridiculous curfews, laughable distance limits on how far from home you could travel, etc, etc, etc...)

You can downplay the devastation these lockdowns had on the Melburnian population as much as you want but it's obvious to anyone who has young relatives that the lockdowns caused a lot of irreparable damage ( in terms of health both psychologically and physiologically) in the younger demographics, the health of people who were not able to attend regular checkups and spot serious illnesses before they worsened and havoc with lives of people in the lower socio economic demographics.

No sympathy for ballsing quarantine up given that Andrews came up with the brilliant idea and took on the responsibility with gusto. There's no way the State premiers (Labor ones in particular) were going to give up control of state borders, via the airports at least, to the Feds.

You're arguing in bad faith if you continue to insist to this day that Labor state politicians were ever keen to defer that responsibility to a Liberal Fed government, no way in hell was that gonna happen on their watch.

I could tell from the glee in their faces (specially Andrews) that they couldn't wait to grandstand on the management of it for promotional purposes on the upcoming elections (i.e. Vic Labor kept you safe from covid). Unfortunately for Andrews, you could say that he might be a brilliant political animal in knowing what it takes to buy votes and win elections but when it comes to actually real leadership in a moment of crisis, the guy is a hack of the highest order.

He claimed playing golf and buying a pair sneakers wasn't worth someone's life but he hired low skilled and lowly paid workers to be the first line of defense against a virus that in his opinion was extremely deadly. And not only that he never learnt any lessons from his repeated incompetence and kept on making the same mistakes again and again.

Does that sound like an individual that heeds his own advice and is being fair dinkum with his constituents? Clearly not and you making up excuses for it and trying to shift the blame on the Feds makes me believe you're nothing more than a political cheerleader/fanboi of leftwing ideology, politicians and political parties.

If Andrews didn't want to take on the quarantine responsibility all he had to do was close the borders, like he did for about 8 or so months between March 2020 and May 2021, and force Morrison's hand on the issue and leave the Feds no choice to do something about it instead. So don't go around pretending this wasn't something Andrews wanted to be in charge of running as every piece of evidence points to him most definitely wanting it for his own political agendas.

And to make up for his mistakes in the mishandling of the pandemic he overreached the political powers bestowed on him by introducing draconian illiberal undemocratic rules on his constituents (mandatory vaccinations, ridiculous curfews, laughable distance limits on how far from home you could travel, etc, etc, etc...)

You can downplay the devastation these lockdowns had on the Melburnian population as much as you want but it's obvious to anyone who has young relatives that the lockdowns caused a lot of irreparable damage ( in terms of health both psychologically and physiologically) in the younger demographics, the health of people who were not able to attend regular checkups and spot serious illnesses before they worsened and havoc with lives of people in the lower socio economic demographics.

You know just how badly he ****ed it up when you’ve got his loyal band of ass kissers not wanting to even discuss it anymore cos they’ve moved on…

Yet you still had morons in the lead up to the Federal election bringing up the 2019 bushfires 🙄🙄

I agree with the gist of this. Hung parliaments are much better than absolute majorities. But it's worth pointing out that the ALP almost never has a majority in the upper house in Victoria or at Commonwealth level.

The ALP had to negotiate with a few cross-benchers during the new emergency laws. Which were dramatically over-politicised by people who didn't understand them and just wanted to yell.

I agree Andrews isn't progressive. Compared to Victorians, he's probably to the right of the centre even though he's supposedly from the ALP left, but the Greens also don't have many great policies at the state level. Banning horse racing is hardly going to win voters in Victoria and most other environmental causes aren't a huge issue here. The coal mines are closing, nobody's opening new ones and coal seam gas is out of bounds.

I think Victorians give themselves a pass as being progressive because we're progressive compared to the rest of the country and probably get a bit lazy at state level, because there's not a lot that can be done at this level in terms of climate change, and the ALP are on-board with most of it.

Andrews isn't right of centre and he's not right of centre compared to most Victorians.
Yeah it's interesting
I think he's authoritarian which isn't left or right
Its a question of how progressive he is vs pragmatic
He's good at popular progress, topics that most people are cool with and are overdue changes
He's also still approving new fossil fuel projects and as I've said power grabbing for the cops and putting more people in jail

This new bill is ****ed and not progressive at all

Definitely authoritarian though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we've had a bit of a swap to the opposite of the feds in Vic for the last 26 years which has meant a lot more state Labor than Libs

don't think we'll see that trend continue in November though

Wrong. Melbourne love ALP/Greens. The rest of the state detest them. Andrews only has to appease the big city to win. Hence why in the regions he ducked us during lockdowns and he gives us nothing regionally. City focused campaigner.
Lemme clue you in on a thing or two about the population of Victoria.

we've had a bit of a swap to the opposite of the feds in Vic for the last 26 years which has meant a lot more state Labor than Libs

don't think we'll see that trend continue in November though
I'm not sure if this folk wisdom holds.

Particularly when this is the other major party.

I drove through some outer suburbs the other day and it's nothing but high density town houses.

The government needs to do more to convince people to move to regional areas.
No, it just needs to continue building PT infrastructure. As planned.

I'm not sure what people flooding the regions and rezoning arable land will do to help the state.

Firstly, I agree Dan should step aside for someone like Merlino, but I don't think his massive ego will allow that to happen. The Dictator Dan rhetoric really only came out towards the end of the campaign. It was not the big issue in Victoria, as evidenced by the victory of Teal independents.

I think Victorians could see the difference between Federal issues and State issues. They are not fools. Anecdotally, and on BF there are so many people/posters who wanted change federally, but still have not forgotten or forgiven Andrews for his dictatorial and over the top handling of the pandemic. In coming out with what he said Pakula has basically opened up scrutiny of how Victoria handled the pandemic. Does he think it was handled well?

I am curious. Why do you think "Dictator Dan" rhetoric won't work in the November STATE election? Do you think it is Stockholm Syndrome? Do you think Victorians have forgotten 264 days in Lockdown? Closure of playgrounds? Do you think Victorians will forget he bungled hotel quarantine security? The inability of anyone in government to remember who made the decisions about HQ security? And then there's the Health system. This will be a difficult one for Andrews to squirm out of given how long he has been premier and/or health minister.
Mate, their whole strategy for Vic was literally target the burbs and blast "Dictator Dan" messaging.

No, it just needs to continue building PT infrastructure. As planned.

I'm not sure what people flooding the regions and rezoning arable land will do to help the state.
PT won't help with population density.

The regional towns would be developed, this isn't necessarily at the cost of more arable land compared to developing in the outer suburbs

LOL, I was wondering how long it would take the master of spin to explain how and why the ESTA call out system crashed leading to a Code Red overnight, and Dan didn't disappoint. It took him until late afternoon.

"It is very common for computer systems in the health sector to be overwhelmed in Winter", or words to that effect. That was how he brushed off questions about the system...

To be fair the system is struggling to cope with the current demands. But problems with the current call out system existed pre-Covid. Ambulance Employees Australia Victoria secretary Brett Adie said staff shortages due to COVID were pushing the system to the brink, “but the issue cannot be wholly blamed on the pandemic. The system was squeezed as hard as it could be and was failing the community before COVID,”

LOL, I was wondering how long it would take the master of spin to explain how and why the ESTA call out system crashed leading to a Code Red overnight, and Dan didn't disappoint. It took him until late afternoon.

"It is very common for computer systems in the health sector to be overwhelmed in Winter", or words to that effect. That was how he brushed off questions about the system...

To be fair the system is struggling to cope with the current demands. But problems with the current call out system existed pre-Covid. Ambulance Employees Australia Victoria secretary Brett Adie said staff shortages due to COVID were pushing the system to the brink, “but the issue cannot be wholly blamed on the pandemic. The system was squeezed as hard as it could be and was failing the community before COVID,”

So if it’s a common problem, what has Dan done in his 4 years as Health Minister and 8 years as Premier to fix it?

You are a first class troublemaker 😩

Anyone who trawls posts to see who has liked them or laughed at them needs to question themselves. Clearly way too much free time
Public servants have a lot of time on their hands, CM most likely works for ESTA and spends most of his day bouncing 000 calls in preference to trolling this board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back