Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Dan would have to choke like Collingwood in the 2018 Grand Final to lose, only interest will be what seats he loses, how he does in Regional Victoria having screwed us over for 8 years and how hostile the upper house ends up being.
The melts here would be awesome in the unlikely event that Dan gets the boot. Can you imagine how funny it would be?

The melts here would be awesome in the unlikely event that Dan gets the boot. Can you imagine how funny it would be?
Who would be melting? Can’t see anyone actually loving Dan enough to melt about it.

Unlikely ?

Daniel Andrews is hated and will be voted out faster than you can say adios muchacho

I reckon if you sampled 100 Victorians, 90 wouldn't know who Matthew Guy is lol

I agree, haven't really seen too many Dan lovers. Some have defended him against some strange accusations but doesn't mean loving him.
I'd be happy for Dan to go if we had a viable alternative which we don't

Best case for me really would be Andrews deciding to retire and Labor going into the election with Merlino or someone else instead

Best case for me really would be Andrews deciding to retire and Labor going into the election with Merlino or someone else instead
Yep, I am a huge Merlino fan from what I have seen at press conferences. Is much more relatable than Andrews.

I'd probably prefer someone other than Merlino. He's too committed to the Catholic Church and typically votes in line with it.

I think most would be indifferent if it were somebody like O'Brien. We'd just have another 3 years of nothing like the Napthine/Baillieu era.

But if was Guy, then I imagine the corruption accusations which clouded him when he was the planning minister would probably go into hyperdrive.

Best result? Hung parliament. Always.

I'd probably prefer someone other than Merlino. He's too committed to the Catholic Church and typically votes in line with it.
good luck getting a non catholic running a Labor party state

I agree but its an issue I doubt we will get a say in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Merlino is SDA. He voted against Labor's Voluntary Assisted Dying Bill in 2017.
yeah I'd definitely prefer to avoid SDA but its unlikely that will be an option

live in an area i suspect has strongly embraced the unhinged lunacy of clive palmer .... if andrews gets up i will genuinely struggle to wipe the grin off my ugly mug .... it will be glorious
Yeah, I think the Libs are at best hoping to win back a few seats and perhaps have a say in the upper house. But there are UAP people and other fringe groups who genuinely think the Andrews Govt will be turfed at the next election.

I think we'll get protests again and their usual cooker stuff. I think during the campaign they'll realise, when the news are talking about Andrews winning by how much, and they'll play up quite a bit during the campaign. Wouldn't be surprised if they call everything "rigged".

Andrews shows that he doesn't care about the people of victoria unless it is a bad look for him. This whole ESTA thing is laughable. How can triple zero go from being very reliable for as long as I can remember to him putting in ESTA for whatever reason and the system becoming so bad. I have had to call triple zero twice in the past 6 months and the people on the phone's are terrible at their job. Whether it's lack of training or experience it's not good enough

Andrews shows that he doesn't care about the people of victoria unless it is a bad look for him. This whole ESTA thing is laughable. How can triple zero go from being very reliable for as long as I can remember to him putting in ESTA for whatever reason and the system becoming so bad. I have had to call triple zero twice in the past 6 months and the people on the phone's are terrible at their job. Whether it's lack of training or experience it's not good enough

ESTA has been privatised since it was known as Intergraph under Jeff.

But but but Matthew Guy..

Who cares about matthew guy I'm sure he would be just as bad as andrews I was talking about reality

But that seems to be the main rebuttal. If Andrews has stuffed something up, rather than addressing it, it seems to always go back to “but Guy wouldn’t have done much better” or “the health system has always been buggered”.

Last edited:

Let’s see what comes out of this meeting today.

It needs to be fixed.

Though getting in those well known lovers of public services the LNP may not be the answer.

Best case for Vic now would be LNP to become a minor party and it become a battle between greens and ALP.

Similar to California, as it’s so safe to ALP here they can get complacent.

But that seems to be the main rebuttal. If Andrews has stuffed something up, rather than addressing it, it seems to always go back to “but Guy wouldn’t have done much better” or “the health system has always been buggered”.
Shouldn't whoever is in charge do what is best for the people. I mean andrews stood up there for 100 days and acted like he cared about people's suffering and the welfare of 90 year olds dying with covid yet on the other hand hasn't saved the 90 year old from building more and better hospitals

Whilst ignoring that Dans been Premier for 8 years, 4 years as health minister and 19/23 years the Labor party has been in power. But it’s all Kennetts fault or the one term in the middle…

It needs to be fixed.

Though getting in those well known lovers of public services the LNP may not be the answer.

Best case for Vic now would be LNP to become a minor party and it become a battle between greens and ALP.

Similar to California, as it’s so safe to ALP here they can get complacent.

The Victorian Greens who just say ‘Yes Dan’ that would make things less complacent???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back