Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good programs are worthless if there isn't the infrastructure behind them to support it. Where are all these additional teachers coming from?
Dunno. They are early childhood teachers running play-based learning, not specialty high school teachers or anything like that. Seeing as not everyone sends their kids it seems to be manageable.

Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
I mean that can't hurt but its something that is creeping in at all levels.

Morrison used to love holding a press conference to reanounce something he'd announced 6 months ago but not actually done anything about since the announcement

So you'd get a new announcement promising something already promised but not done like the previous promise never happened.

Fed Labor recently announced a baked in indexation increase to payments like they'd gone and done something to help people with cost of living when it was something that was already legislated and would have happened had Morrison stayed in power as well

The problem is you can't trust that the media will even point out stuff being announced isn't new, if you just see the press release or the clip on the news it looks like the whole thing is new

Gives the impression of doing more than is being done, pretty s**t all round
I dunno, both sides do it.

People and the media are quick to complain regularly and often about the Govt doing nothing about health or crime or whatever. So it's worth pointing out more than once when they do something decent.

My only caveat would be that it should only be for funding announcements for doing something. Not funding announcements for a study or a report. I'd much rather hear about the response to the Royal commission than the announcement of the Royal Commission.

Far too often we hear lots about it before and during, then it disappears from the media not long after the recommendations are released and very little follow-up to ensure Govts actually commit to fixing issues identified.

Add to that -

For every half percentage point increase in interest rates will cost the Victorian taxpayer about $275 million in the upcoming year.

This means one thing - increased taxes

Add to that -

For every half percentage point increase in interest rates will cost the Victorian taxpayer about $275 million in the upcoming year.

I don't have a source, but I thought the recent Government borrowings were fixed 10 year bonds not floating. So only borrowing that are rolling over now and need refinancing will be impacted so might not be as dramatic as that $275 million in the next year.

But we could be in for a world of hurt in 2030.

Add to that -

Dan wouldn't dare screw us over

/sarcasm

May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC

If those four ministers retire, it would mean six of the nine ministers who served on the Crisis Cabinet have left parliament or are retiring, but not Daniel Andrews.

Turns out Andrews was always going to outlast the others, rather than hand over to one of them.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur

If those four ministers retire, it would mean six of the nine ministers who served on the Crisis Cabinet have left parliament or are retiring, but not Daniel Andrews.

Turns out Andrews was always going to outlast the others, rather than hand over to one of them.

Who are the 3 left?

Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
As long as the LNP continue to behave like this, there'll be no accountability in our State Government. For the love of god, somebody check for a gas leak in Vic LNP HQ. They've gone for the whole "Melbourne's turned to garbage" because 3 Canadian cities have overtaken Melbourne. Fail to mention Melbourne is still #1 in Austraila, but for voters tossing up about a move to Zurich or Copenhagen, this is damning evidence.

Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon

Maybe this is part of a handover? If one were moving into becoming Premier, wouldn't they do the same thing?

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
As long as the LNP continue to behave like this, there'll be no accountability in our State Government. For the love of god, somebody check for a gas leak in Vic LNP HQ. They've gone for the whole "Melbourne's turned to garbage" because 3 Canadian cities have overtaken Melbourne. Fail to mention Melbourne is still #1 in Austraila, but for voters tossing up about a move to Zurich or Copenhagen, this is damning evidence.

Their main go-to at the moment is the health system collapsing. They are attacking and using that item most days now in their campaign.

It’s such a poor negative approach. Rather than finger pointing all day, they really need to start putting up some solid plans to combat the opposition.

In regards to accountability - I can’t see any for a long time.

Rob R

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Melbourne has gone down hill (like many parts of Australia) due to over population which is hardly Dan's fault.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Melbourne has gone down hill (like many parts of Australia) due to over population which is hardly Dan's fault.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah, 9th best city in the world, best in Australia. Might as well close the place and we all move into tents in the bush.

Brad Goodman

His name isn't important
Oct 7, 2002
AFL Club
Collingwood
Their main go-to at the moment is the health system collapsing. They are attacking and using that item most days now in their campaign.

It’s such a poor negative approach. Rather than finger pointing all day, they really need to start putting up some solid plans to combat the opposition.

In regards to accountability - I can’t see any for a long time.

That's the LNP MO IMO (boy do I love an acronym)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back