Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob R

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Lisa Neville leaving Parliament improved the average IQ by a fair bit- dumbest laziest politician in Parliament (after Finn). I wonder if she will do a farewell tour of her electorate to see what it is actually like since she couldn't be bothered living there or visiting it outside campaign periods.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thought Merlino was a chance of being the next man up top?
He's either got a better offer in the private sector or worked out he won't get the gig and pulled the plug.

I was talking to a friend a few months ago that was adamant he had inside info that Andrews was hated and would be gone before the election.

Given this guy couldn't spot the grift from reignite democracy Australia until they became open about being antivax I was sceptical Da would be gone by November

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
Lisa Neville leaving Parliament improved the average IQ by a fair bit- dumbest laziest politician in Parliament (after Finn). I wonder if she will do a farewell tour of her electorate to see what it is actually like since she couldn't be bothered living there or visiting it outside campaign periods.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

No one will miss the Minister for Incompetence

Navyblues09

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2009
Templestowe
AFL Club
Carlton
Interesting times with Dan's falling out with his no1 supporter who provided thousands of hours of taxpayer funded campaign assistance for Dan at the last 2 elections.

Even got the situation where the Government stopped their 2 fire services going to court against each other so the union has complained to the ombudsman that FRV wasn't allowed to support their failed motion.

I'm not sure the state's fire services should be going to court over 1 organisations administrative staff agreement. Who'd ever think you'd see the day you have an organisation trying to pay its people more and a union trying to stop them!!!

Last edited:
I heard Pakula's seat is being (or has been) rezoned and he's likely to lose his seat and that Neville has health issues.

No idea how real that is though

Yep, pretty sure the news on Pakula is months old. Neville the same. The only surprising one to me is Merlino.

Think someone said he’s in the wrong faction so would never be Premier?
Jacinta Allan is said to be Dan’s anointed successor. The Victorian public would have Merlino, but it’s never going to happen as long as Dan is Premier

Is that important?

You bet it is. It will mean come November 2022 Victoria will have had 4 health ministers in as many years. Not a good look when the the health system is in crisis and the thing you need is stability.

Last edited:

Achy Blakey Heart

Premium Platinum
Jun 29, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Celtics,Red Sox,Patriots,Dragons,
Their main go-to at the moment is the health system collapsing. They are attacking and using that item most days now in their campaign.

It’s such a poor negative approach. Rather than finger pointing all day, they really need to start putting up some solid plans to combat the opposition.

In regards to accountability - I can’t see any for a long time.

Lol this is quite funny......i heard the same complaints about Albo 4-5 months out from the fed election...the response from those progressive types was....it will come, but you cant expect him to show his hand this far out.

Now we are talking about Dan and the LNP in opposition, apparently the rules are all different.

In reality....i wouldnt expect any opposition to be showing their hand this early.

Stop being partisan.

Achy Blakey Heart

Premium Platinum
Jun 29, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Celtics,Red Sox,Patriots,Dragons,
He's either got a better offer in the private sector or worked out he won't get the gig and pulled the plug.

I was talking to a friend a few months ago that was adamant he had inside info that Andrews was hated and would be gone before the election.

Given this guy couldn't spot the grift from reignite democracy Australia until they became open about being antivax I was sceptical Da would be gone by November

You had my hopes up then for a moment. Merlino would be so much better than Andrews.

Romeoh1

Premiership Player
Apr 27, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Absolutely
Quite agree 4 ministers in a short time isn’t good, but these are different times. Mikakos wasn’t up to the job, so better to change to a more capable minister. Be good to put a really good person in charge now and start addressing the multitude of issues that need to be fixed in our health system.

Last edited:
Lol this is quite funny......i heard the same complaints about Albo 4-5 months out from the fed election...the response from those progressive types was....it will come, but you cant expect him to show his hand this far out.

Now we are talking about Dan and the LNP in opposition, apparently the rules are all different.

In reality....i wouldnt expect any opposition to be showing their hand this early.

Stop being partisan.
Thought guy did at least commit to the new Albury/ wodonga hospital, so hasn’t been all negative on health. And I think there probably are many health care workers talking directly to lnp about issues.

Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Maybe Merlino's going to run in the Federal seat of Casey at the next federal election?

It's very winnable, as the ALP candidate at the last two elections has been a wet lettuce and it's only a 3% margin. Good chance that a strong candidate like Merlino could win it at the next election, particularly if the LNP continues to go ultra-Qld.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back