Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Maybe Merlino's going to run in the Federal seat of Casey at the next federal election?

It's very winnable, as the ALP candidate at the last two elections has been a wet lettuce and it's only a 3% margin. Good chance that a strong candidate like Merlino could win it at the next election, particularly if the LNP continues to go ultra-Qld.
I hope so. I was voting for ALP for the federal election but was so incredibly uninspired by the candidate. I find it hard to believe they couldn't find anyone better to run in a seat that had potential to swing.

Achy Blakey Heart

Premium Platinum
Jun 29, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Celtics,Red Sox,Patriots,Dragons,
Thought guy did at least commit to the new Albury/ wodonga hospital, so hasn’t been all negative on health. And I think there probably are many health care workers talking directly to lnp about issues.

It was a welcome announcement in these parts. Andrews will take his time, given his health minister has told people i know in the health service that there is no votes for Andrews in building health infrastructure in NSW. In essence....Andrews will only come to the party if it helps his election prospects. Kent.

Jul 28, 2012
Melbourne, the lost City.
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
QPR, Buffalo Bills
Dan the man won't be unhappy about all the resignations just before the election. He can start afresh with new faces and this might not be a bad thing for his Government? As we know, Andrews hates to be questioned and my guess is these four senior people asked too many questions? How many others have resigned during his tyrannical rule? If he's condescending to the Victorian public, what chance do any of his subordinates have?

It was a welcome announcement in these parts. Andrews will take his time, given his health minister has told people i know in the health service that there is no votes for Andrews in building health infrastructure in NSW. In essence....Andrews will only come to the party if it helps his election prospects. Kent.
Eh I'm pragmatic about motivations now, only care about outcomes

Dan the man won't be unhappy about all the resignations just before the election. He can start afresh with new faces and this might not be a bad thing for his Government? As we know, Andrews hates to be questioned and my guess is these four senior people asked too many questions? How many others have resigned during his tyrannical rule? If he's condescending to the Victorian public, what chance do any of his subordinates have?
Some may also be burnt out as well, but I also think its not a good sign for those of us (like myself) hoping that Dan will step down before the next election either. Make the next government (even if still ALP) a refresh.

Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Doubt it. He's born and bred Yarra Ranges. Would just want some time with his family now.
Yarra Ranges is in Casey, it's right in the middle of it.

He lives near Monbulk and his office is in Belgrave.

I reckon he'd win it in a canter, given how bad the previous ALP candidate was - who ran twice- and after 3 years off with the family, it could be good timing.

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yarra Ranges is in Casey, it's right in the middle of it.

He lives near Monbulk and his office is in Belgrave.

I reckon he'd win it in a canter, given how bad the previous ALP candidate was - who ran twice- and after 3 years off with the family, it could be good timing.
Derp. My mistake. I had Casey Council on the brain from a work related matter. Right you are. He'd be an asset at any level of politics.

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
I reckon there's a big scandal in the offing.

I accidentally came across this quite juicy scandal indirectly related to Dan Andrews last week.

It's a good scandal, but it doesn't reflect directly or even politically on him. If it were published in relation to Dutton, Morrison, Guy, or O'Brien, my reaction would be "well what's that got to do with ........". But you can bet it would be published.

The thing is, the reason it drew my attention was because I kept trying to link to the issue, but from multiple internet sources the link redirected me elsewhere. So I had to go the long way and once I read the matter I was trying to read, and would have read none the wiser as to the link to Dan Andrews, I, out of pure curiosity, googled the name.

Now this is the thing that gets interesting, as I said, the scandal itself, whilst juicy, does not reflect directly on Andrews. But all references to the links between the party and Andrews have been completely scrubbed from the Internet. Someone has spent a shitload of time and money making sure that the only way to find the link is if you already know the parties, or you accidentally stumble upon it like I did.

Now I think if this scandal came out, it probably wouldn't hurt Andrews. At least it shouldn't. But the lengths that have been gone to to scrub the relationship suggests to me a paranoia and a quite efficient team dedicated to this kind of work.

Anyway, we'll see I guess.

TheArchitect

Team Captain
Mar 27, 2022
AFL Club
Carlton
Interesting times in VIC. Fingers crossed the Libs can pull a rabbit out of their hat, but I don't think it will happen.

Weirdly, I don't think I know anyone who would actually vote for Dan, and yet Labor is comfortably favourite.

Jul 28, 2012
Melbourne, the lost City.
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
QPR, Buffalo Bills
Just watching his press conference about the resignations. Get me a barf bag, has anyone seen such narcissism? Everything with Andrews smells of Lavender! All the tell tale signs are there of a pathological fibber of huge proportians, he could crap on all day if he wanted too, he's really good at. He has a reputation of being dictatorial, difficult and totally patronising to his colleagues, his contempt for the Victorian public and arrogance towards the media is astoundaing. The public are just as guilty, Victorians bend over willingly and they have let him get away with it and he knows it.
He is typical of those trying to deceive and stretch the truth with too many words. Since such a spinner of fairy tales may make up things as they go, they may also tend to add excessive detail to convince themselves or others of what they are saying. He gets very testy with the media when they pull him up on this and ask questions?
He will get re-elected and Victoria will get more of the same, as will his colleagues that are silly enough to still be there after November. The only thing in his favour is he's not as bad a politician as the un Australian duo of Adam Bandt or Lidia Thorpe.

I accidentally came across this quite juicy scandal indirectly related to Dan Andrews last week.

It's a good scandal, but it doesn't reflect directly or even politically on him. If it were published in relation to Dutton, Morrison, Guy, or O'Brien, my reaction would be "well what's that got to do with ........". But you can bet it would be published.

The thing is, the reason it drew my attention was because I kept trying to link to the issue, but from multiple internet sources the link redirected me elsewhere. So I had to go the long way and once I read the matter I was trying to read, and would have read none the wiser as to the link to Dan Andrews, I, out of pure curiosity, googled the name.

Now this is the thing that gets interesting, as I said, the scandal itself, whilst juicy, does not reflect directly on Andrews. But all references to the links between the party and Andrews have been completely scrubbed from the Internet. Someone has spent a shitload of time and money making sure that the only way to find the link is if you already know the parties, or you accidentally stumble upon it like I did.

Now I think if this scandal came out, it probably wouldn't hurt Andrews. At least it shouldn't. But the lengths that have been gone to to scrub the relationship suggests to me a paranoia and a quite efficient team dedicated to this kind of work.

lol. Is this like the one with Lindsay fox?

LOL, it doesn't reflect directly on Andrews but I thought I would mention anyway?
:laughv1:

Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Some may also be burnt out as well, but I also think its not a good sign for those of us (like myself) hoping that Dan will step down before the next election either. Make the next government (even if still ALP) a refresh.
It does wreak of Dan getting in a bunch of more junior people which will result in him having more control.

Unfettered power is never good, I hope some of the new Ministers will have a bit of fight in them!

Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Interesting times in VIC. Fingers crossed the Libs can pull a rabbit out of their hat, but I don't think it will happen.

Weirdly, I don't think I know anyone who would actually vote for Dan, and yet Labor is comfortably favourite.
I know people who vote for all parties, even within my own family. You need to widen your group of friends.

Why exactly would you want the Libs to win? What policy or person do you think will be able to progress/improve the state? As far as I can tell they have policies for the 2021 pandemic and some spending in the regions has been announced.

I genuinely want the Parliament to function as it should where all parliamentarians come up with ideas for the state to improve/progress. But at the moment, it all only seems to come from the Premier's office. An alternative within or outside the ALP would be a breath of fresh air.

at the moment, it all only seems to come from the Premier's office. An alternative within or outside the ALP would be a breath of fresh air.
I reckon this is partially why the likes of Merlino has pulled the pin. It is well known that the Premier’s Private Office (PPO) and the Department of Premier run this state with an iron fist and that ministers are told what to do by the political apparatchiks from the PPO.

Within the PPO there is a group of relatively junior political advisers known as the caucus liaison unit who are tasked with briefing and listening to the concerns of backbenchers. Under the Bracks government, this was a job that the Premier did personally. A government MP said, “These guys are f---ing 20-year-olds. Some of them treat MPs like s**t, and they’re dictating to us what we should put on Facebook and how we should run our offices. We’re pretty much salespeople for [the Premier’s office].”

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England

Problem is Dans ego is so big he’ll want to run and win to be vindicated for screwing everyone over for 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back