Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its funny how Foley leaving politics at 60, after 15 years, the last two as health minister in the state hit hardest by the pandemic is seen as an issue.

Retiring at 60 doesn't sound that bad TBH

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
Happy for you to have found something else to be outraged over.

I find it amusing.

Sure, I’m outraged than 4 more incompetent people will no longer be in government…

It’s very amusing to see Dan Ass Kissers fail very basic mathematics and seem to get their panties in a knot over it…

Sure, I’m outraged than 4 more incompetent people will no longer be in government…

It’s very amusing to see Dan Ass Kissers fail very basic mathematics and seem to get their panties in a knot over it…
You know, every time I read your posts in this thread just want me not only to vote for Dan but try and get as many people as I know to vote for him too.

Another 4 years of outrage from you would make my year.

TheArchitect

Team Captain
Mar 27, 2022
AFL Club
Carlton
You left the state because it was too authoriatarian but think ACAB is extreme and rude.

You can't have it both ways FK who do you think enforces the laws?

And ACAB is pretty much universal, cops are the violent extension of the state, and VicPol are pretty s**t aye

Do you actually agree with ACAB?

It’s so ridiculous and generalising IMO

Its funny how Foley leaving politics at 60, after 15 years, the last two as health minister in the state hit hardest by the pandemic is seen as an issue.

Retiring at 60 doesn't sound that bad TBH
I’m rapt he’s going. Whenever he speaks I get sleepy. He has that effect. But I also don’t like the way he talks down at people, like he is infinitely superior. He also happened to be my local member, so I look forward to what comes.

kalex6251

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m rapt he’s going. Whenever he speaks I get sleepy. He has that effect. But I also don’t like the way he talks down at people, like he is infinitely superior. He also happened to be my local member, so I look forward to what comes.
we see what we want to see .... he presented as someone who was even tempered, respectful, considered and reasoned when i watched him

as for his voice - ill take his softly spoken approach over the theatrical performative nonsense of charismatic types any day

by-the-by ..... know of people who went to uni with him ..... general view is he was a quiet person, liked and respected

Caucus is “meeting” today to select a deputy premier and coordinating ministers. But hasn’t Dan already picked his team?

Dan has defended picking the co-ordinating ministers before the caucus meeting, saying it was his choice to make.

Do you actually agree with ACAB?

It’s so ridiculous and generalising IMO
I do because the cops as an institution are bastards.
You join the force you either become part of all of it or look the other way when the bad stuff is happening.

Copaganda has done a real number on public brand and you can thank Hollywood and the media for that.

Romeoh1

Premiership Player
Apr 27, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
we see what we want to see .... he presented as someone who was even tempered, respectful, considered and reasoned when i watched him

as for his voice - ill take his softly spoken approach over the theatrical performative nonsense of charismatic types any day

by-the-by ..... know of people who went to uni with him ..... general view is he was a quiet person, liked and respected
I’ve only heard positive stuff from people who have worked with him. He will be a loss.

You do realise many on here won't believe you at all because there is literally no detail in your initial post?
I can confirm that Bruce pm’d me details. The actual issue (and trying to be careful so might seem hard to follow) is around a person with the same surname as Andrews wife who was convicted and jailed for fraud. He was a lawyer (de registered as a result). The court judgement was in 2000.
Trying to independent find the same article or details reveals an absence of internet available information
  • can’t easily find court judgement
  • no records of media coverage (I thought they have a field day with dodgy lawyers)
Bruce draws conclusion that there is active suppression and believes Andrews is being it; I don’t know but I do find absence of other internet footprint odd (but maybe because 2000)

I do because the cops as an institution are bastards.
You join the force you either become part of all of it or look the other way when the bad stuff is happening.

Copaganda has done a real number on public brand and you can thank Hollywood and the media for that.
Petty criminals are also bastards and worse. I trust cops above the others.

I'm more on the we'd have a lot less criminals if the majority of the money going to cops went into communties and justice reinvestment.

Not to mention welfare going directly to people instead of funnelled through job
Agencies

Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tasmania Devils
Worth noting that Ned Flanders made a promise/prediction regarding Dan Andrews. The only problem was that he had a monkeys-paw in his basement. Resulting in his prediction being skewed adversely.

the-monkey-paw.png

Remember kids: before making any predictions make sure your property is free from any and all monkeys-paws

This has been a message from the TWC*

*The Wish Councel

I'm more on the we'd have a lot less criminals if the majority of the money going to cops went into communties and justice reinvestment.

Not to mention welfare going directly to people instead of funnelled through job
Agencies
I’ve also encountered antisocial types who blame everyone else for their own inability to control their impulses or blame others for triggering them- leading to random assaults.

I know a lot of cops and per capita, there are a lot of very unsuitable people employed as police officers.

I know a lot of cops and per capita, there are a lot of very unsuitable people employed as police officers.
And I’d say even higher proportion of undesirable personality types committing crime

Agencies
I have to totally agree with you here.
I could write an entire manifesto on why public money should be spent on solving the problem, not the speculated, but very profitable, disincentive.

And I’d say even higher proportion of undesirable personality types committing crime
Crime is a wide and sweeping term.

Only a decade ago, having anal sex in SA was a crime.
Being homsexual was a crime.
Smoking marijuana was a crime.

Which crime are you talking about?

A to my comment on cops.
I stand by it.
Statistics also backup my comment.

Not all cops are unsuitable to be cops but a very large proportion are.

I’ve also encountered antisocial types who blame everyone else for their own inability to control their impulses or blame others for triggering them- leading to random assaults.
You've just described multiple cops I know.
Want to guess which profession has a very high rate of domestic abuse that goes unpunished?

The difference is they aren't employed by the state to theoretically stop crime.

I say theoretically because its more about keeping people in line and down than it is about fixing stuff.

Andrews answer to every problem is more cops, more power for cops and more money/responsibility to cops

He's building more prisons too, that's a profitable thing with a nice pipeline of slave labour.

Literally any problem in society, the best answer is not more cops.

Cops at best deal with the symptoms, of course dealing with the cause would generally involve admitting the governments have all previously chosen not to

You've just described multiple cops I know.
Want to guess which profession has a very high rate of domestic abuse that goes unpunished?

The difference is they aren't employed by the state to theoretically stop crime.

I say theoretically because its more about keeping people in line and down than it is about fixing stuff.

Andrews answer to every problem is more cops, more power for cops and more money/responsibility to cops

He's building more prisons too, that's a profitable thing with a nice pipeline of slave labour.

Literally any problem in society, the best answer is not more cops.

Cops at best deal with the symptoms, of course dealing with the cause would generally involve admitting the governments have all previously chosen not to
Poverty is a feature of the free market

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
I have to totally agree with you here.
I could write an entire manifesto on why public money should be spent on solving the problem, not the speculated, but very profitable, disincentive.

Maybe you could address assaults of ambo's & nurses. Collateral damage ?

Maybe you could address assaults of ambo's & nurses. Collateral damage ?
Seriously?
Do you want me to address individual cases?
Like the kid who got hooked on heroin and was forced to prostitute himself to senior NSW politicians because the drug he was addicted to, that they had a hand in importing, was made illegal by them to keep the price high?
Their actions made him a criminal, not his, so he died in an ally, after having bankrupted his parents, paying hundreds of thousands of dollars in rehab, legal costs and fines, to keep him out of prison, to try to get him off the drug that was made illegal, allegedly to protect him from harm. The only reason illicit drugs are illegal.

Rather than just have his addiction treated a as a health issue, at 100th the cost to the taxpayer and with little risk to himself or his family?

I don't even know why you bother to post your inane right wing crap.

Seriously?
Do you want me to address individual cases?
Like the kid who got hooked on heroin and was forced to prostitute himself to senior NSW politicians because the drug he was addicted to, that they had a hand in importing, was made illegal by them to keep the price high?
Their actions made him a criminal, not his, so he died in an ally, after having bankrupted his parents, paying hundreds of thousands of dollars in rehab, legal costs and fines, to keep him out of prison, to try to get him off the drug that was made illegal, allegedly to protect him from harm. The only reason illicit drugs are illegal.

Rather than just have his addiction treated a as a health issue, at 100th the cost to the taxpayer and with little risk to himself or his family?

I don't even know why you bother to post your inane right wing crap.
Can you substantiate this with reports and evidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back