Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
See the “all cops are bad” argument falls down because I can find many examples of good cops. I can’t find examples of “good criminals” then you get *silly people who shoot people (sure maybe shot another criminal but that’s vigilante justice not due process) then steal cars and destroy them (happened today)

I don’t need to show that EVERY cop is good. But the ACAB argument needs to show they are all bad.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Seriously?
Do you want me to address individual cases?
Like the kid who got hooked on heroin and was forced to prostitute himself to senior NSW politicians because the drug he was addicted to, that they had a hand in importing, was made illegal by them to keep the price high?
Their actions made him a criminal, not his, so he died in an ally, after having bankrupted his parents, paying hundreds of thousands of dollars in rehab, legal costs and fines, to keep him out of prison, to try to get him off the drug that was made illegal, allegedly to protect him from harm. The only reason illicit drugs are illegal.

Rather than just have his addiction treated a as a health issue, at 100th the cost to the taxpayer and with little risk to himself or his family?

I don't even know why you bother to post your inane right wing crap.

exactly ... collateral damage to you & yours. Some manifesto.

See the “all cops are bad” argument falls down because I can find many examples of good cops. I can’t find examples of “good criminals” then you get *silly people who shoot people (sure maybe shot another criminal but that’s vigilante justice not due process) then steal cars and destroy them (happened today)

I don’t need to show that EVERY cop is good. But the ACAB argument needs to show they are all bad.
ACAB is real because the institution of policing is the problem.

The job is the problem.

There are people in jail for unpaid fines, they are classes as criminals.

There are people in jail because they got picked up by the cops on the streets and have nowhere to go so don't get released untill the charges are heard.

Often we're talking mental health issues and/or addiction issues that lead to homelessness

The job makes them bastards, it's a requirement, it didn't matter how good they are off duty

The job is the problem.

There are people in jail because they got picked up by the cops on the streets and have nowhere to go so don't get released untill the charges are heard.

Often we're talking mental health issues and/or addiction issues that lead to homelessness

The job makes them bastards, it's a requirement, it didn't matter how good they are off duty
I’m aware people get picked up in those situations. I’m also aware they attempt to place them in crisis accommodation. Guess what there is * all of that available. Are they supposed to turn them out to non existent address while awaiting court? And I notice you avoid my characterisation of the more common bastard *er criminal (exploits everyone who is scum)

I’m aware people get picked up in those situations. I’m also aware they attempt to place them in crisis accommodation. Guess what there is * all of that available. Are they supposed to turn them out to non existent address while awaiting court? And I notice you avoid my characterisation of the more common bastard ducker criminal (exploits everyone who is scum)
ACAB has nothing to do with the character of anyone other than an on duty cop and the institution of policing

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1

No doubt in your job you'd see plenty of the good guys & the bad guys more often than the rest of us.:thumbsu:

The advocates here are short on examples for very good reason.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
What Bruce said, the Green Rat who agrees that politicians should be limited to the same pay rise limits they’ve imposed on the public service.
If that was the rule the public service would be getting 5-10% every year

William Wonka

Jesus died for somebodies sins but not mine
May 28, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn

This.

Also lots of the work cops do has nothing to do with law enforcement and all about community service.
I'm sure you have come across many examples in your work as have I.

There are good people who have committed crimes for worthy reasons but I agree anyone who you would classify as a criminal is at best a selfish a-hole.

The job is the problem.

You have stepped over to issues with the legal system here rather than Coppers themselves.

Also to go to get locked up for unpaid fines you would have to try really really really hard.
Often folks who are doing time for actual crimes will wipe their fines while they are there but that's very very different

This.

Also lots of the work cops do has nothing to do with law enforcement and all about community service.
I'm sure you have come across many examples in your work as have I.

There are good people who have committed crimes for worthy reasons but I agree anyone who you would classify as a criminal is at best a selfish a-hole.

You have stepped over to issues with the legal system here rather than Coppers themselves.

Also to go to get locked up for unpaid fines you would have to try really really really hard.
Often folks who are doing time for actual crimes will wipe their fines while they are there but that's very very different
Hey Wonka, guess what.
ACAB means ACAB
Cops are a part of the legal system
Also to get locked up for unpaid fines youve just got to be poor and not white, bonus points for being Indigenous, maximum points for also being a woman.

William Wonka

Jesus died for somebodies sins but not mine
May 28, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hey Wonka, guess what.
ACAB means ACAB
Cops are a part of the legal system
Also to get locked up for unpaid fines youve just got to be poor and not white, bonus points for being Indigenous, maximum points for also being a woman.
And what a ridiculous umbrella statement it is too.
Might as well say all Lawyers are crooks or all Judges are senile.

There are some really bad cops for sure but for every one of these there is an absolute selfless hero.
Most fall somewhere in the middle but I would suggest that most contribute more good by far than many posting ACAB.

I'm not for one second suggesting you are one of these btw.
Im sure you yourself are the sort of tireless worker in the community, foster parent to dozens, kidney doner etc. that is able to cast aspersions on people who put their life on the line for others.

And what a ridiculous umbrella statement it is too.
Might as well say all Lawyers are crooks or all Judges are senile.

There are some really bad cops for sure but for every one of these there is an absolute selfless hero.
Most fall somewhere in the middle but I would suggest that most contribute more good by far than many posting ACAB.

I'm not for one second suggesting you are one of these btw.
Im sure you yourself are the sort of tireless worker in the community, foster parent to dozens, kidney doner etc. that is able to cast aspersions on people who put their life on the line for others.
I think you'll find that its a pretty well recognised umbrella statement for the left, but I wouldn't expect you to get that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back