Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navyblues09

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2009
Templestowe
AFL Club
Carlton
So I worked at a station recently which is about to be pulled down and rebuilt. Yet despite the demolition happening very shortly as the temp station has been built, they just spent 10s of thousands of dollars putting brand new carpet throughout the old station.

This is the same union campaigning against Andrew’s and his senior ministers due to a lack of funding.

It’s no wonder this government racks up so much debt if this is its idea of good governance.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
So I worked at a station recently which is about to be pulled down and rebuilt. Yet despite the demolition happening very shortly as the temp station has been built, they just spent 10s of thousands of dollars putting brand new carpet throughout the old station.

This is the same union campaigning against Andrew’s and his senior ministers due to a lack of funding.

It’s no wonder this government racks up so much debt if this is its idea of good governance.
If you don't spend the money you don't get it next year.....all corrupt *ers

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
If you don't spend the money you don't get it next year.....all corrupt *ers

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Corrupt, refer it to IBAC: What can you report | IBAC

IBAC accepts complaints and information about:

If your complaint or information isn't about public sector corruption or police misconduct, find out which agency you should contact.

Common complaints we receive but can't investigate​

What you want to complain aboutWho you should complain to
Administration actions of state government agencies and councils Victorian Ombudsman

Corrupt, refer it to IBAC: What can you report | IBAC

IBAC accepts complaints and information about:

If your complaint or information isn't about public sector corruption or police misconduct, find out which agency you should contact.

Common complaints we receive but can't investigate​

What you want to complain aboutWho you should complain to
Administration actions of state government agencies and councils Victorian Ombudsman
The example given (the carpet) is more waste and is reflective of what happens in year to year funding (we get that spend it or lose it mentality as well) but can also be lack of coordination/ big picture incompetence rather than outright corruption. But sometimes it’s good for these to be investigated to highlight what can be done better in the future to reduce waste.
The problem occurs when you have people who believe they should be infallible and so take mistakes very personally.

I accept that I will make mistakes
I want to be told when I do so I can get better at what I do
I do not take it as a personal attack when a mistake is pointed out to me
I am aware that by making mistakes some may judge me incompetent that’s something I am ok with.

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
The example given (the carpet) is more waste and is reflective of what happens in year to year funding (we get that spend it or lose it mentality as well) but can also be lack of coordination/ big picture incompetence rather than outright corruption. But sometimes it’s good for these to be investigated to highlight what can be done better in the future to reduce waste.
The problem occurs when you have people who believe they should be infallible and so take mistakes very personally.

I accept that I will make mistakes
I want to be told when I do so I can get better at what I do
I do not take it as a personal attack when a mistake is pointed out to me
I am aware that by making mistakes some may judge me incompetent that’s something I am ok with.
Yes, but you blokes have a systematic review system to pick up on mistakes and to make sure everybody does it better next time.

Crankyhawk Is stationing PSO's in hospitals a good or bad idea?
I put a reply in the Matt guy thread will cut and paste here when I get a chance

EDIT

I'm a bit neutral on this proposal. There are pros and cons

Pros
  • will likely be able to relieve existing police who are sitting around waiting for doctors/ mental health nurses to release them when they have brought in a patient under s351 of the mental health act. These are people brought in under suspicion of having a significant mental illness putting them or others at imminent risk (from what I've seen, most commonly suicidal behaviours, sometimes confusion/ psychosis). This would get police back out faster
  • faster response for absconding patients under the mental health act (currently we call police when someone absconds, need to wait for a unit to be free to look etc). Having a PSO to immediately respond would reduce that time
  • faster response to code black incidents

Cons (matched issue for issue)
  • the s351 issue, technically these patients are supposed to be triage category 2 (ie the ED staff are supposed to see them within 10 minutes, though in practice can be much longer) and also the mental health royal commission recommended changes to 351 powers to make the response primarily an ambulance response who could then call police for assistance for safety rather than having police take responsibility (currently police bring them in sometimes without ambulance)
  • getting a PSO response still relies on hospital calling to advise that the patient has absconded - sometimes it can be a while (due to other things we are doing) before we realise. I would not be expecting PSOs to be standing guard over these patients (currently police do not do this)
  • there is a question around PSO training vs police training although the oppo spokesperson is a former police officer and claims that the training re aggresssion management is actually the same; without any evidence to the contrary I will take that at face value

I am interested in how they selected the 5 hospitals (1 overstaffed tertiary and 4 outer metro ones). Suspect my hospital missed out due to 1) safe labour seat and 2) police are actually quite close to the hospital already

Last edited:

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

To be used for other issues moving fwd.

A9CA641F-8E6A-43CB-828C-5179C22EA425.jpeg

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Was built too late to be all that useful, but I like that there is such a facility available the next time tongue in cheek Bill Gates says there will be a pandemic.
Probably sold for another purpose by then and there will be no facilities again

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
Mr Andrews has absolutely nailed his timing with the whole pandemic stuff, absolutely perfect timing, just 50 days out from an election.

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Mr Andrews has absolutely nailed his timing with the whole pandemic stuff, absolutely perfect timing, just 50 days out from an election.

A large portion of it was about politics but it is time regardless to let the pandemic declaration go on the 12th. It’s coming to an end.

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
A large portion of it was about politics but it is time regardless to let the pandemic declaration go on the 12th. It’s coming to an end.
The public have been living as though the pandemic is over, so the announcement is meh. Does it make a difference to anyone?

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
Of course, I and many others predicted this, I hate the guy but he's gonna be re elected because of the other parties are ****ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back