Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the comments above. You brought up Skyrail and I told you that a majority of Victorians love it.
Based on your circle of friends and a claim that the election was a referendum on level crossings. Sounds delusional.

From outside Victoria and from what I've read, the opposition made this election into a referendum about Daniel Andrews the person and his handling of COVID.

Isn't last night a resounding vote of confidence in Daniel Andrews and his handling of COVID, then? It appears the ALP 2PP will exceed every election held since COVID began (except of course WA). Victorian voters appear to have moved on but a core on SRP are still clinging to their delusions, bless them.

Ended up only giving minor parties a leg up with the anti Dan stuff

And in most cases, once it is built they realise that it wasn't as bad as they feared or even better than what it replaced.

And then they drive straight through an intersection that they used to get stuck at waiting on trains for 10 minutes during peak hour and they really start to like it.

Maybe there is a cult of Dan if his fans are willing to believe their friends views are representative of the entire city, or that the election was a referendum on level crossing removals.
Doubt anyone thinks that- it was about many things- most resoundingly found to be in the alp favour. The level crossing shows how active this gov’t is -they get lots of things done-which is surely a big reason it has so much support. Hardly cultish- everyone likes to see stuff get done.

Last edited:
The swing in primary votes against was significantly lower for the LNP than the ALP.

Not that it counts for much, but anecdotal evidence in real life and even here shows that a small number of those who voted ALP at the last state election voted for other parties this time around due to the Andrews' government handling of covid. About 5% of the public would account for the differential in primary votes and seems a reasonable estimate.

Sorry, I missed this one, but like you said anecdotal evidence - and the actual statistics we have on hand points to a 2PP similar to 2018 with perhaps a percentage point variance when everything is finalised. Sure, 5% of voters that voted ALP four years ago no longer put them '1' - but they still preferenced them over the coalition - I guess they didn't feel that strongly enough to want to boot the ALP from power.

I also doubt the entirety of that tiny 1% variance is due to those deserting Andrews and the ALP government because of his handling of COVID.

Maybe there is a cult of Dan if his fans are willing to believe their friends views are representative of the entire city, or that the election was a referendum on level crossing removals.

Or maybe the real cult is the religious right wingers trying to takeover the LNP?

Lets call them the Sky Fairies.

Doubt anyone thinks that- it was about many things- most resoundingly found to be in the alp favour. The level crossing shows how active this gov’t -they get lots of things done-is-which is surely a big reason it has so much support. Hardly cultish- everyone likes to see stuff get done.
Totally agree, big swings to the ALP in southern and western Ballarat thanks to simply replacing three absolutely shocking roundabouts with traffic lights in the booming outer suburbs. It's bloody simple, but getting stuff done and whacking a big State Government logo on it gets votes.
Give us the Western Link Road next...please!

Gees you lunatic right wing nutjobs and your threats of death.

So now I’ve heard of red mist, another bf poster (MrPP) call for his assassination and now this lol.

Hating on Dan Andrews is a legitimate mental health condition.

Morrison does 5000x worse things including betraying his BFFL Frydenberg and not a peep of a death threat.
While I disagree with that poster, I see no death threat in their post.

We've had left wing posters call for protesters to be shot with live rounds, so I wouldn't be claiming the high moral ground for your side.

Gees you lunatic right wing nutjobs and your threats of death.

So now I’ve heard of red mist, another bf poster (MrPP) call for his assassination and now this lol.

Hating on Dan Andrews is a legitimate mental health condition.

Morrison does 5000x worse things including betraying his BFFL Frydenberg and not a peep of a death threat.

You actually want to count up how many times left posters on here posted similar threats to Scomo....oh wait that's different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dim Tim Wilson, the RW apologist & EX member of the HoR, on Radio National this morning was offering up his usual BS as to why Dan Andrews, & also Albo won. Always the excuses. Blaming the (ALP inspired!) demise of home ownership & the new generations not taking enough personal responsibility for taking charge of their own lives. Also Billionaires buying seats.

If its the ALP plan to reduce home ownership to affect voting patterns, the NSW & Tas LNP Governments must also be in on it too! How stupid must they be!!

Billionares! No comment about Fatty Palmer pouring in $millions to try to unseat the ALP, No comment about media Moguls like Murdock through the print media total attacks on anything ALP. Nothing about Billionaires like Gina Rinehart, also the Lie (Sky) Channel complete biased & attacks.

It appears the Party of personal responsibility takes no personal responsibility at all.

Apparently he wrote all this garbage in the Fin Rev.

Self-delusion at its finest.

Tim Wilson is a great representative for Tim Wilson and Tim Wilson’s interests.

How anyone would vote for him I find quite perplexing.
Honestly listening to Tim I'm not even sure he's a great representative for Tim.

Dim Tim Wilson, the RW apologist & EX member of the HoR, on Radio National this morning was offering up his usual BS as to why Dan Andrews, & also Albo won. Always the excuses. Blaming the (ALP inspired!) demise of home ownership & the new generations not taking enough personal responsibility for taking charge of their own lives. Also Billionaires buying seats.

If its the ALP plan to reduce home ownership to affect voting patterns, the NSW & Tas LNP Governments must also be in on it too! How stupid must they be!!

Billionares! No comment about Fatty Palmer pouring in $millions to try to unseat the ALP, No comment about media Moguls like Murdock through the print media total attacks on anything ALP. Nothing about Billionaires like Gina Rinehart, also the Lie (Sky) Channel complete biased & attacks.

It appears the Party of personal responsibility takes no personal responsibility at all.

Apparently he wrote all this garbage in the Fin Rev.

Self-delusion at its finest.

The libs at my booth were mostly pretty cool. most sounded like frydo style moderates, and hated the direction the party had taken on immigration and climate change.

the exception was one guy who was flown in from QLD. He was full on Dutton talking points, saying the teal voters were all wealthy people who were guilty about being successful and could afford for the economy to be destroyed. Even his mates were saying "you dont know who this people are and why they voted teal"

In my ignorant opinion, Libs win Vic AND Federal by doing one thing - finding a way to get the teals back into the Liberal tent

His answer was that he got more votes than Labor. The preferences didn't go his way.

The reason is in my post. It was everyone else's fault!!!
Dimwit doesn't want to admit that the preferences are votes.

The libs at my booth were mostly pretty cool. most sounded like frydo style moderates, and hated the direction the party had taken on immigration and climate change.

the exception was one guy who was flown in from QLD. He was full on Dutton talking points, saying the teal voters were all wealthy people who were guilty about being successful and could afford for the economy to be destroyed. Even his mates were saying "you dont know who this people are and why they voted teal"

In my ignorant opinion, Libs win Vic AND Federal by doing one thing - finding a way to get the teals back into the Liberal tent
When I hear people talk about conservative values I never know what they mean any more. Economically they aren't conservative and frugal in their spending, conservative governments are the highest taxing in Australian history, they seem happy enough to destroy institutions that they profess to want to protect, and they certainly don't want to conserve the environment, it's like they only exist to oppose.

When I hear people talk about conservative values I never know what they mean any more. Economically they aren't conservative and frugal in their spending, conservative governments are the highest taxing in Australian history, they seem happy enough to destroy institutions that they profess to want to protect, and they certainly don't want to conserve the environment, it's like they only exist to oppose.

That's because here and in America, the term has been used to describe people who are anything but conservative, but more reactionaries.

if you listen to Sky News in the last 48hrs, its:

• no sex education in schools
  • gender is determined at birth and nothing more
  • hetro relationships are the norm and are what should be supported and condoned
  • we are a white nation; we shouldnt be focusing on who we took the land from, and immigrants need to act like us or GTFO
  • we are a christian nation, and the faith has a role in govt

That's because here and in America, the term has been used to describe people who are anything but conservative, but more reactionaries.
But these are the people who are trying to set the future agenda for your party and I'm not sure even they know what they stand for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back