Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
It’s not a causal link

repeating a link doesn’t make it causal. All it confirms is that two people who attended the protests, have tested positive in a public housing tower. Considering the current tests are placing people in quarantine for 14 days and awaiting another positive test, for it to be causal these people would had to have had the virus for what, 6 weeks? Are you suggesting there’s a new strain that lasts for longer than health authorities know?
How it works is old mate goes to BLM protests, contracts virus and become symptomatic about 2 weeks later. In the meantime spreads it to (242) people who become symptomatic 2 weeks after that. Thats when Vic health start looking at where the outbreak come from.

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
How it works is old mate goes to BLM protests, contracts virus and become symptomatic about 2 weeks later. In the meantime spreads it to (242) people who become symptomatic 2 weeks after that. Thats when Vic health start looking at where the outbreak come from.

You've been looking at BLM for 6 weeks trying to find a link, and that's the best you can come up with?

Demontim275

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
So these people tested positive 4 weeks ago? And the government hid it for 4 weeks?

and it took vic health 4 weeks to work out where they’d been. And three weeks after positive testing to lock down areas linked to them?

you know you’re in trouble when even the sun doesn’t support your claim. Or when you don’t understand link is not equal to cause.

I don’t get why people are so desperate to link the BLM to cases in order to blame Andrews.

Hotel quarantine is directly his fault and clearly the major issue, no need to chase other reasons unless you are desperate to bring race into it.
The point I’ve been making all morning. The government has had a fair few * ups. They should’ve gone harder against the protests, but the people only discussing the protests aren’t doing it for genuine reasons.

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
the people only discussing the protests aren’t doing it for genuine reasons.

People have been criticising Dans entire handling of the situation. Do keep up. Allowing the protests was so obvious a failure as not only has it now been linked to a large outbreak, it also sent a message to the wider community that the government weren't taking things seriously.

Demontim275

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
People have been criticising Dans entire handling of the situation. Do keep up. Allowing the protests was so obvious a failure as not only has it now been linked to a large outbreak, it also sent a message to the wider community that the government weren't taking things seriously.
SOME people have been blaming the protest for everything. That was pretty clearly the people I was addressing... do keep up.

you still don’t understand link and cause do you?

there’s a link between some in the cluster and Knox shopping centre. Knox didn’t cause the cluster. The link is that some people from the cluster attended Knox at some point in time. That’s still a link.

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond

Try and look outside the little box you are sheltering in.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
I don’t get why people are so desperate to link the BLM to cases in order to blame Andrews.

Hotel quarantine is directly his fault and clearly the major issue, no need to chase other reasons unless you are desperate to bring race into it.

Spot on.

And even if he fined every single person who attended, the result regarding transmission or non-transmission would have been exactly the same, though I will concede that it seems that one cluster is now linked to someone at that event.

However, the mouth-breathers who think that a potential fine was going to be any sort of deterrent are the same people who believe that capital punishment is also a deterrent. People will either choose to do the right thing or they won't. The threat of a $1600 fine or whatever it was is an irrelevance.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Spot on.

And even if he fined every single person who attended, the result regarding transmission or non-transmission would have been exactly the same, though I will concede now that it seems that one cluster is now known to have come from that event.

However, the mouth-breathers who think that a potential fine was going to be any sort of deterrent are the same people who believe that capital punishment is also a deterrent. People will either choose to do the right thing or they won't. The threat of a $1600 fine or whatever it was is an irrelevance.

It also would have put the police at much greater risk.

Balls In doesn't give a s**t about police safety, he/she just wants to see black people fined.

Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tasmania Devils
Or coriander.

Mugged yourself off with your bold font and wannabe moderation didn't you minnow?
I didn't start the talk of coriander. Nor do I resort to name calling like Pinocchio when I have nothing to add to the topic.

Jascave

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2005
Sandringham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers
238 new Coronavirus cases in Victoria just been announced by the Premier. There are 105 people in hospital, 20 more than yesterday.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Jascave

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2005
Sandringham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers
What’s the comparison between the number of new Coronavirus cases today as opposed to yesterday’s figures?

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
I didn't start the talk of coriander. Nor do I resort to name calling like Pinocchio when I have nothing to add to the topic.

The person I refer to as Pinocchio is a known liar. But don't you worry about context there lad.

And you may not have started the coriander talk but you certainly got heavily involved in that discussion. And not once did you use bold and enlarged font to berate anyone who deviated from the Dan Andrews topic.

I guess that's why you're a wannabe moderator instead of a proper one. And a hypocrite to boot.

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Blaming the security company cause all sorts of issues for Conservatives.

It brings into play the gig economy, casualisation of the workforce, poor training, effects of privatisation, general failures of neo-liberal economics, side effects of small government, failure of the private sector model, etc. etc.

It is much more convenient to blame lefties and students.

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Are you happy with Berejiklian's approach? They 100% will be where Victoria is in a month given her plan.

Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tasmania Devils
The person I refer to as Pinocchio is a known liar. But don't you worry about context there lad.

And you may not have started the coriander talk but you certainly got heavily involved in that discussion. And not once did you use bold and enlarged font to berate anyone who deviated from the Dan Andrews topic.

I guess that's why you're a wannabe moderator instead of a proper one. And a hypocrite to boot.

Ho hum. More nothing from you.

May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC
Blaming the security company cause all sorts of issues for Conservatives.

It brings into play the gig economy, casualisation of the workforce, poor training, effects of privatisation, general failures of neo-liberal economics, side effects of small government, failure of the private sector model, etc. etc.

It is much more convenient to blame lefties and students.

On the other hand, Daniel Andrews, the most left-leaning Premier in Australia, leader of a party that has railed against privatisation and contracting out for the best part of 30 years, hired the security company when a government alternative was available.

On the other hand, Daniel Andrews, the most left-leaning Premier in Australia, leader of a party that has railed against privatisation and contracting out for the best part of 30 years, hired the security company when a government alternative was available.

are you on drugs?

this govt has been expanding its contracts with private security in the prisons just recently

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Agree. It is a * up of monumental proportions and is looking like the thing that will stop elimination of the virus in Australia.

That does not necessarily make it Dan Andrews fault but it is someones fault - I wonder if we will ever find out.

This is an underlying problem with liberal democracies though where the emphasis is entirely on profit and competency and professionalism are in many instances the exception and certainly afterthoughts. It is not an accident that the worst examples of these types of democracies - USA, Brazil, UK - have dealt with the virus the worst.

The power of the individual is fine until that individual has the power to * the whole thing up for everyone.

So their rhetoric doesn't match their actions? I'm shocked.

They haven't been arguing against that at all

And these deals were in the media at the time

The only thing they have pushed back against is more private prisons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back