Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the reason for Napthine building a freeway 2km parallel to the already existing western freeway?

What was the reason for Napthine building a freeway 2km parallel to the already existing western freeway?

Second river crossing, which was the best plus point of the e-w link - western section

Maybe a better option would have been to build three citilink tunnels - but an expensive option

Which State Election loss did more damage to the Coalition-1999; 2002, or 2014?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If the next opinion poll go against the Coalition, then the Liberals might have to think about getting someone to take over from Matthew Guy as Opposition Leader. Because the way things are going on now, the Coalition could be on the wrong end of a big election loss in 2018 if Guy is still there as leader of the Opposition.

The Libs need to put in a female leader. Then repeatedly call Andrews out on his bullying. Go hard at him, question everything about him. Because if there is one thing I have observed about Daniel Andrews it is that he is a bully. He will not be able to handle being questioned by a woman, he didn't like it within his own party, and he wouldn't like it happening in a public forum. I think if this were to happen he would slip up and his own party would have a justification to get rid of him.

The Libs need to put in a female leader. Then repeatedly call Andrews out on his bullying. Go hard at him, question everything about him. Because if there is one thing I have observed about Daniel Andrews it is that he is a bully. He will not be able to handle being questioned by a woman, he didn't like it within his own party, and he wouldn't like it happening in a public forum. I think if this were to happen he would slip up and his own party would have a justification to get rid of him.

It's a shame that Louise Asher has announced her retirement from state politics, because she would've been the ideal Opposition Leader to take on Premier Daniel Andrews not just in Parliament Question Time, but also when it comes to policy as well.

Would be a typical *headed contemporary political move.

Maybe they could make their best leader the leader of the party and then get to work on presenting what they could do in government.

Not like that's what voters are after and would respond to. No, let's find some bird who can maybe make Andrews look stoopid.

The only strong one is Wooldridge as a female leader.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be a typical ****headed contemporary political move.

Maybe they could make their best leader the leader of the party and then get to work on presenting what they could do in government.

Not like that's what voters are after and would respond to. No, let's find some bird who can maybe make Andrews look stoopid.

We cry out for someone of substance, then get 'bored' and want a stoush or some charismatic leader. Why not just let it go and let the states infrastructure recover form what some estimate as decades of neglect. Andrews is that rare elected uncharismatic person who's a good operator
Sadly though, a weak opposition leader wont push the premier to do better each day. Guy can be crushed with a few election adverts about his dealings as planning minister.
If you identify someone as a potential premier, never put them in planning, even if they are honest, perceptions can vary

We cry out for someone of substance, then get 'bored' and want a stoush or some charismatic leader. Why not just let it go and let the states infrastructure recover form what some estimate as decades of neglect. Andrews is that rare elected uncharismatic person who's a good operator
Sadly though, a weak opposition leader wont push the premier to do better each day. Guy can be crushed with a few election adverts about his dealings as planning minister.
If you identify someone as a potential premier, never put them in planning, even if they are honest, perceptions can vary

Say if Matthew Guy is still Opposition Leader in the 2018 State Election. It would be very easy for Labor to target Guy by reminding the Victorian electorate of Matthew Guy's time as Planning Minister in the last Coalition Government.

And if the Federal Government come out with another Federal Budget (remember Joe Hockey's first budget in 2014?) that could be hurtful to the average Victorian in terms of the household budget, that would make Matthew Guy's chances of being Victorian Premier even more difficult.

Think Andrews is going well.

I wouldn't underestimate level crossings at all. A really good signature policy with ongoing benefits that a *load of people are happy with. Struggle to see anything out of the Libs that competes with that.

How about coming out with some decent policies?
Anyone else sick of the smear and attack tactics? Sh!t is old and boring. Give us some policies and vision.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Coalition will be most upset that the late George Michael pushed Daniel Andrews off the front page of the Herald Sun. For it has denied them the chance to go after Andrews yet again via the Herald Sun.

The thing is...the Coalition has not one single policy. Which means anyone voting for them will be barely informed about what they stand for.

The Coalition have better put out some policies in regards to issues like law and order, infrastructure, industrial relations, the economy, otherwise they can start preparing themselves for another 4 years of being on the opposition benches. And not even the Herald Sun can get the Liberals out of the mire that they are in.

In hindsight, the Coalition should've persuaded Michael Wooldridge to nominate for the leadership of the Liberal Party and Coalition after the 2014 state election loss, and to start the rebuilding process in the hope of regaining government again in 2022.

Hang on, we're coming to the end of 2016.

All this talk of the Coalition should put out policies......we're approximately just under 2 years out.

An opposition's job is to oppose lunacy but I think that the Coalition need to start developing something and one place they can start is be introducing transit cops who travel the trains to potentially prevent the sort of daytime assault I witnessed on the train 10 days ago.

I would also like them to correct the notion that the unions run Victoria as well and frankly, govern for ALL Victorians as opposed to governing just for a particular group (i.e. ALP with Unions)

Hang on, we're coming to the end of 2016.

All this talk of the Coalition should put out policies......we're approximately just under 2 years out.

An opposition's job is to oppose lunacy but I think that the Coalition need to start developing something and one place they can start is be introducing transit cops who travel the trains to potentially prevent the sort of daytime assault I witnessed on the train 10 days ago.

I would also like them to correct the notion that the unions run Victoria as well and frankly, govern for ALL Victorians as opposed to governing just for a particular group (i.e. ALP with Unions)

Union members and their leaders are Victorian citizens so it would be ridiculous to not have policies that at least treats them with the level of respect they have always had in this state. The idea that:

* Police Officers
* Firefighters
* Ambulance Officers
* Teachers
* Nurses
* Retail and Hospitality Workers
* Construction Workers
* People Working In Public Transport

Are somehow not to be considered in the development of policies that affect THEM is a lack of leadership.

Union members and their leaders are Victorian citizens so it would be ridiculous to not have policies that at least treats them with the level of respect they have always had in this state. The idea that:

* Police Officers
* Firefighters
* Ambulance Officers
* Teachers
* Nurses
* Retail and Hospitality Workers
* Construction Workers
* People Working In Public Transport

Are somehow not to be considered in the development of policies that affect THEM is a lack of leadership.

I'm not saying that, all I'm saying is look at the CFA dispute as a prime example....an ALP Premier rolling over to a Union Leader (that is the perception), that is what I want a government to not be like.

In negotiations there should be give and take but the problem is that this government seems to be "Yes (insert union boss), how much would you like here? What more can we give you?"

All this is done more often than not with no thoughts to the consequences of such decisions...just Dan dealing with all his IOU's and as an aside, all governments (whether incoming or current) should have to declare before the election any potential IOUs that they have so we can make an informed decision as to whether they can be trusted to govern for ALL people (This is actually an attack on both sides as well because the Libs are no better with (insert think tank here))

I'm not saying that, all I'm saying is look at the CFA dispute as a prime example....an ALP Premier rolling over to a Union Leader (that is the perception), that is what I want a government to not be like.

In negotiations there should be give and take but the problem is that this government seems to be "Yes (insert union boss), how much would you like here? What more can we give you?"

All this is done more often than not with no thoughts to the consequences of such decisions...just Dan dealing with all his IOU's and as an aside, all governments (whether incoming or current) should have to declare before the election any potential IOUs that they have so we can make an informed decision as to whether they can be trusted to govern for ALL people (This is actually an attack on both sides as well because the Libs are no better with (insert think tank here))

The thing is the CFA dispute remains unresolved after now more than 1200 days. Under any aspect that's a pathetically long time for a dispute to be unresolved. It will stretch well into 2017 now. And who's fault is that? Everyone's. The CFA, the VFBV, the Previous and Current Governments, the UFU and the meddling by Turnbull in an act of desperation are all to blame. Least Andrews has tried to develop a solution to the problem...seems none of the other parties want to even do that.

The thing is the CFA dispute remains unresolved after now more than 1200 days. Under any aspect that's a pathetically long time for a dispute to be unresolved. It will stretch well into 2017 now. And who's fault is that? Everyone's. The CFA, the VFBV, the Previous and Current Governments, the UFU and the meddling by Turnbull in an act of desperation are all to blame. Least Andrews has tried to develop a solution to the problem...seems none of the other parties want to even do that.

That has just been horrendous from start to finish and I suspect has some more to go.

It is piss poor by all concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back