Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well now I'm reading with interest that the UFU wishes to go on strike and UFU Puppet James Merlino supports their right to strike.

This is getting BS especially following the outrageous claim that the CFA help fund the UFUs operations to the tune of $1.6 million a year.

I've never encountered such crap in my life and the question that has to be asked is this

Where the bloody hell is Dan?

It would be fantastic if we had a Premier with a backbone who could put this nonsense to an end.

More importantly why is it when there's bad news, Dan is nowhere to be found?

Merlino can't be trusted whatsoever so Dan needs to grow a pair.

In saying that what will the government's next deflection to this be?

Usually when there's bad news, some deflection isn't too far away.

It's Thursday so I'm tipping either somewhere through Friday to Monday there will be a deflection at hand.

It will either be an attack on the Feds or something that tries to influence society socially...they're usually the go to deflections.

Date.JPG
Well now I'm reading with interest that the UFU wishes to go on strike and UFU Puppet James Merlino supports their right to strike.

Dude, you literally don't even know what day it is.

Check your claim of what day it is against the datestamp.

View attachment 325056

Dude, you literally don't even know what day it is.

Check your claim of what day it is against the datestamp.

Easy mistake to make on 3 hours of sleep but good to see nitpicking small details in posts and not addressing the overall content of the post

The Government isn't to blame for the strike action.

The UFU has had a work to rule order in place for months - whereby people aren't being charged for alarms attended for example in the CBD (usually $1200 per truck per alarm).

Perhaps had the VFBV and CFA accepted the umpire's decision in the first place, then the strike action and the work to rule situation in place would also be lifted.

It's pretty simple. The umpire's decison has to be considered as final..not go sooking to the Feds to change the umpire and the rules in place.

Would love to be a fly-on-the-wall in the Herald Sun office on State Election night 2018 if Labor retains government (if they also increase their majority in the Legislative Assembly). What would the editors of the Herald Sun do-put out a big front page with the words 'SORRY DAN!'; or, go even harder on the Andrews government?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Government isn't to blame for the strike action.

The UFU has had a work to rule order in place for months - whereby people aren't being charged for alarms attended for example in the CBD (usually $1200 per truck per alarm).

Perhaps had the VFBV and CFA accepted the umpire's decision in the first place, then the strike action and the work to rule situation in place would also be lifted.

It's pretty simple. The umpire's decison has to be considered as final..not go sooking to the Feds to change the umpire and the rules in place.

Pazza I know you would never blame Andrews for anything and its always someone else fault, but the facts are the UFU are playing hard ball because they had a deal 3 years ago to get Andrews elected and get everything they ever wanted out of their EBA. Of course like a lot of things Andrews promised, he is either full of s**t or realised he can't do anything he wants.

But in the end the only people to blame for this not being settled is the UFU, they played hard ball and waited for Andrews, then when they went to the FWC last year, it was the UFU who refused to accept their ruling until after it went in their favor. CFA was willing to make any decision binding but the UFU refused, probably because they felt if the FWC went against them then Andrews would step in and solve it all in their favor.

So whilst you blame the CFA for refusing to give up control of their organisation to a Union and the VFBV for wanting to protect the other 98% of the organisation that would be affected. I'll blame a Union who made a deal with the Devil, played hardball and now finding its not that simple to takeover.

BTW my favourite part of this dispute is Marshall and now Merlino complaining about firefighters being used as political pawns, so umm, just what was your actions at the 2014 Election if it wasnt using FFs as political pawns?

This is getting BS especially following the outrageous claim that the CFA help fund the UFUs operations to the tune of $1.6 million a year.

I've never encountered such crap in my life and the question that has to be asked is this

Where the bloody hell is Dan?

It would be fantastic if we had a Premier with a backbone who could put this nonsense to an end.

More importantly why is it when there's bad news, Dan is nowhere to be found?

Merlino can't be trusted whatsoever so Dan needs to grow a pair.

In saying that what will the government's next deflection to this be?

Usually when there's bad news, some deflection isn't too far away.

It's Thursday so I'm tipping either somewhere through Friday to Monday there will be a deflection at hand.

It will either be an attack on the Feds or something that tries to influence society socially...they're usually the go to deflections.

Sounds corrupt. Good on them for being dodgy and corrupt.

I will stop voting for Dan when he does something that actually affects me. Such as cuts our services to the tune of something more than 1.6 million.

I don't think anybody gives a damn what unions do really. Most interpret outrage towards unions as a strawman used by blue collar people earning above their worth to take public focus off reforming their precious honey pot. The fact people can get 6 figures in this country for construction trades is a joke. Everywhere else in the world they're paid what they're worth. 55-60k thereabouts.

Last edited:

I will stop voting for Dan when he does something that actually affects me. Such as cuts our services to the tune of something more than 1.6 million.

I don't think anybody gives a damn what unions do really. Most interpret outrage towards unions as a strawman used by blue collar people earning above their worth to take public focus off reforming their precious honey pot. The fact people can get 6 figures in this country for construction trades is a joke. Everywhere else in the world they're paid what they're worth. 55-60k thereabouts.

Glad to see where your class lies by endorsing dodgy and corrupt behaviour. That says more about you than it does about me.

If you're happy for taxpayer money to fund a Union, which should never happen under any circumstance given that unions already earn money from their members then that also says a lot.

I'm not a Dan voter nor will I ever be a Dan voter until he starts showing some leadership and governs for ALL VICTORIANS, not just the union bosses that put him into power.

I'm not a Dan voter nor will I ever be a Dan voter until he starts showing some leadership and governs for ALL VICTORIANS, not just the union bosses that put him into power.
But he can't do that. At no point will he be able to be perceived as governing for ALL VICTORIANS.
You cannot please all the people. Especially with this political divide we have.
There is nothing that Dan could do, that would represent the desires of all victorians. You've just made a thing up that lets you seem like you are on the side of the masses, rather than being just team you.

Would love to be a fly-on-the-wall in the Herald Sun office on State Election night 2018 if Labor retains government (if they also increase their majority in the Legislative Assembly). What would the editors of the Herald Sun do-put out a big front page with the words 'SORRY DAN!'; or, go even harder on the Andrews government?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The editors would just pick up their phones and say "ok what do we write now?", as usual.

Glad to see where your class lies by endorsing dodgy and corrupt behaviour. That says more about you than it does about me.

If you're happy for taxpayer money to fund a Union, which should never happen under any circumstance given that unions already earn money from their members then that also says a lot.

Look, I have my issues with him, but putting money into tourism in Ballarat and duplicating the rail line to melton for more comfortable, less congested trains to Ballarat is something I will give him credit for...and as far as I'm concerned that's not just for his union mates as everyone in this city will benefit.

Look, I have my issues with him, but putting money into tourism in Ballarat and duplicating the rail line to melton for more comfortable, less congested trains to Ballarat is something I will give him credit for...and as far as I'm concerned that's not just for his union mates as everyone in this city will benefit.

In January 29 looks set to a big day in that regard, with Caroline Springs finally opening and I think it is more than 280 services going through there. With Wyndham Vale services also increasing, the outer west has got some big days ahead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Union members and their leaders are Victorian citizens so it would be ridiculous to not have policies that at least treats them with the level of respect they have always had in this state.

Stop it, doubled over in pain with the laughter.

With today's cost of living. $100 k ain't much

Unionists threatening and intimidating people, who would have though. But pazza tells us they are just all SO well respected. Good thing Andrews wont cave in to such people.

"While Marshall and Garrett used to get along, the seeds of animosity were sown early last year, when Garrett refused to intervene in the disciplining of a senior MFB officer charged with distributing pr0n on his work computer.

Marshall declared war and, as EBA negotiations intensified, things went from bad to worse. Abusive firefighters trolled her on Twitter. A group of aggressive unionists harassed her at a media event aimed at encouraging women to join the fire services.

There were abrasive text messages, intimidating meetings, even an alleged threat by Marshall to put an axe through her head. At one point his behaviour reportedly got so bad that Garrett had to ask one of Andrews' advisers to stop him harassing her when she was on holiday with her three children"

Andrews is back.

First item of business was to go to Portland and and engage in meetings with Alcoa over the future of the aluminum smelter down there.

Seeing the smelter is out of action because a power blackout shut down the line and 200 pots cooled with product.

Only a subsidized, reliable power supply will keep the smelter open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back