Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol wut? That's been the LNP's agenda since the inception of federation. Keating himself said a move from our useless industries away from the unskilled jobs occupied by uneducated bogans to a white collar workforce to deliver advanced living standards was ideal. To clarify by what I and he meant by useless. The industries themselves aren't useless, they're essential. The people who work in them are useless. Because they don't know their place on the food chain. Anyone can do these jobs provided you aren't an amputee with health impairments. Yet the people who do complain for entitlements stretching far beyond a macca's wage. Roadworkers as an example get payed 30+ an hour (I've heard figures like 60-70 an hour too) to stand in a circle and smoke cigarettes. The absurd wages are a joke yet no one cares as the jobs they do are paid by the taxpayer.

As a teenager I worked as a labourer for a stint, and in the last year have received insane quotes to renovate the house. Painting, tiling, floorboards, carpets, asphalting, concreting, paving. Added 100k to the place in major renovations. Also fail to understand why electricians get over $25 an hour (it can be over 70 an hour in most cases!). They request that rate not to crawl through rats nests, it's their general rate for residential work also. Want to get a 15A circuit added.. 70+ an hour to thread 5m of cables :O

As early as I remember it's always been the libs nats propping hi vis dropouts up in the media. Dan doesn't give a s**t about companies and will not put them before everyday citizens as other parties do in every aspect imaginable or achievable.
Desal plant was the right thing at the time. Had similiar backing to what climate change has via that thing called science. I'm more disgruntled over the fact the drought is what gave our farmers a platform in the media to begin with over the fact the drought ended.

Construction unions are a pest as they force roofies to wear harnesses. Which essentially doubles the time the job takes. Costing bosses more. Construction unions aren't there to make backroom deals with bosses, rather the opposite. Any such example that may have happened the head of the union clearly was a liberal plant. Construction unions purpose is to prevent blue collar bosses from killing their workers through defiance of OH&S regulations. Without the CMFEU private firms could get their projects completed without battling regulation, workcover, and high labor costs.

Refer to the Abbott government take on 457's. Exactly that! Did the exact opposite of blocking immigration and brought more than anyone over to provide their voters cheap labour.
There's nothing like reading posts from a self-proclaimed former labourer who claims that labourers get paid too much and that we should go back to the good old days of when construction workers had a life expectancy of 30.

Refer to the Abbott government take on 457's. Exactly that! Did the exact opposite of blocking immigration and brought more than anyone over to provide their voters cheap labour.
In a post you boost that keating said we shouldn't be paying a lot for labour. Then you seemed to be critical of abbots 457 that bought in cheap labour.

Also fail to understand why electricians get over $25 an hour (it can be over 70 an hour in most cases!). They request that rate not to crawl through rats nests, it's their general rate for residential work also.

I agreed with your thoughts on wastage regarding large government projects, but disagree with your attack on small businesses/contractors.

You realise that if an electrician turns up at your house to complete a 1 hour job, 3 hours of total work have probably gone into it when you account for phone calls, quoting, sourcing materials, travel to and from site, invoicing etc. They would also have overheads like workcover, gst, super, insurance costs, travel costs, license costs, equipment depreciation, etc. So $70 for an hour, which actually took 3 hours, and comes with enormous overheads, quickly reduces to something near your desired $25 an hour. I've gotten off topic here, but figure this is information worth sharing.

I agreed with your thoughts on wastage regarding large government projects, but disagree with your attack on small businesses/contractors.

You realise that if an electrician turns up at your house to complete a 1 hour job, 3 hours of total work have probably gone into it when you account for phone calls, quoting, sourcing materials, travel to and from site, invoicing etc. They would also have overheads like workcover, gst, super, insurance costs, travel costs, license costs, equipment depreciation, etc. So $70 for an hour, which actually took 3 hours, and comes with enormous overheads, quickly reduces to something near your desired $25 an hour. I've gotten off topic here, but figure this is information worth sharing.

This

Old man is a plumber, and people always would bitch about how much a hot water service replacement cost compared to buying it at reeces.

They forget hes called out, with no notice, at any hour of the day or night.

I've now read with great interest that Dan claims he can't get the $175,000 back from that former ALP person who claimed an allowance he wasn't entitled to.

His quote was something along the lines of "I can't force him to resign and I can't force him to pay the money back."

Newsflash: you actually can Dan because you are the Premier last I checked. Geoff Shaw was made to pay money back by Denis Napthine and he complied.

The problem is to do that, you'd have to show leadership and given the rort of taxpayers funds at the 2014 election that he still refuses to answer for, I'm not surprised at the lack of leadership on this issue either.

I've now read with great interest that Dan claims he can't get the $175,000 back from that former ALP person who claimed an allowance he wasn't entitled to.

His quote was something along the lines of "I can't force him to resign and I can't force him to pay the money back."

Newsflash: you actually can Dan because you are the Premier last I checked. Geoff Shaw was made to pay money back by Denis Napthine and he complied.

The problem is to do that, you'd have to show leadership and given the rort of taxpayers funds at the 2014 election that he still refuses to answer for, I'm not surprised at the lack of leadership on this issue either.

How long did the Shaw incident go on? seemed like forever

How long did the Shaw incident go on? seemed like forever

Took a while but he paid it back. Dan could make Nardella pay the money back but given his regard for taxpayers money, it could take a while.

Took a while but he paid it back. Dan could make Nardella pay the money back but given his regard for taxpayers money, it could take a while.

Hasnt Dan said theres a process? Did Napthine follow a process. - I appreciate the one seat majority makes a difference

So how does he do that?

Easy.

Move a motion ordering him to pay the money back or be held in contempt of parliament.

Napthine did it and Shaw paid the money back.

Dan could show leadership and do the same.

Mathew Guy is a weak squealer, said that Andrews should move a motion to make Nardella pay money back.

If he had any sense, instead of making such an announcement, why doesn't he introduce it and put Andrews on the back foot by either supporting or if he doesn't that he supports Nardella's immoral fraud?

Dumb opposition!

Hasnt Dan said theres a process? Did Napthine follow a process. - I appreciate the one seat majority makes a difference

Dan only uses process to hide from having to make a decision when it suits him.

Weak leadership!!

Um no. If he is legally entitled to the money then the Premier cannot force him to hand it back. If he illegally claimed the money then its a police matter.

In all seriousness, it doesn't pass any test I know of.

Decency says he pays the money back.

He wasn't entitled to it and had been wrongly claiming it for years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all seriousness, it doesn't pass any test I know of.

Decency says he pays the money back.

He wasn't entitled to it and had been wrongly claiming it for years.
Don't think there is anyone on this board that doesn't agree.
All they need to do is tighten up the rules or increase salaries and do away with claims completely.

Easy.

Move a motion ordering him to pay the money back or be held in contempt of parliament.

Napthine did it and Shaw paid the money back.

Dan could show leadership and do the same.

Whats the protection against such a procedure being used to silence any legitimate opposition? I think the ballot box is the final arbiter

Nardella has gone and Bronwyn Bishoped himself except even worse as he couldn't even be arsed to do a "Sorry, not sorry".

Stupid * is likely to lose his parliamentary pension over this, he had to know the investigation would find this, he should have taken the out when he had the chance instead of doubling down with a hand he had to know was a loser.

Nardella has gone and Bronwyn Bishoped himself except even worse as he couldn't even be arsed to do a "Sorry, not sorry".

Stupid **** is likely to lose his parliamentary pension over this, he had to know the investigation would find this, he should have taken the out when he had the chance instead of doubling down with a hand he had to know was a loser.
Really hope the Police can charge him with something. Sick and tired of immoral corrupt politicians.
Sits there so arrogantly, seemingly without a conscience.

Well this gets better

The High Court has rejected an Andrews government bid to thwart an investigation into its alleged misuse of taxpayer-funded resources for political campaigning at the 2014 election.

The embarrassing blow for the government means Ombudsman Deborah Glass is free to continue investigating allegations that Labor used electoral officers for campaigning in contravention of parliamentary rules.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/high-court-delivers-embarrassing-blow-to-andrews-government-20170405-gve85m.html

So FOUR times now they have tried to shut this investigation down and FOUR times they have been slapped down.

What do they have to hide I wonder?

Nardella is a grub, but so many are. Look at the conga line of reactionaries who had their snouts in the trough whenever a wedding occurred.

As for Andrews, he's done some terrific stuff on the infrastructure front as distinct from the Naphine/Guy outfit which largely sat on its hands.

Guy was the developers best friend when he was Planning Minister. Some of his interventions in their favour were outrageous.

Andrews has badly mishandled the CFA/UFF matter. He also has the major obstacle of having to cope with extreme bias of a right wing media which not only includes the likes of the Herald Scum, Australian, Fox, Sky, 3AW but the Macquarie outfit too.

Big ask, but Guy is a dud so he's still in with a shout come the election.

Mathew Guy is a weak squealer, said that Andrews should move a motion to make Nardella pay money back.

If he had any sense, instead of making such an announcement, why doesn't he introduce it and put Andrews on the back foot by either supporting or if he doesn't that he supports Nardella's immoral fraud?

Dumb opposition!

Any such motion cannot be debated in the Legislative Assembly without the permission of the government.

Not even a private member's bill. Rules are different in the Legislative Council where one day per sitting week is reserved for non-Government business.

Private Members’ Bills

Any Member may introduce a Bill. A Bill introduced by a Member who is not a Minister is termed a ‘Private Member’s Bill’. Such Bills are introduced from time to time; however, their preparation can prove more difficult due to a lack of departmental support and complexities involved in the drafting of a Bill. In addition, as most Private Member’s Bills are initiated by non-Government Members, the only time to debate such Bills is during General Business on Wednesdays.

This was my understanding...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back