Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

remember the Toorak cluster from their ski trip? Funny how they were not treated in the same way as Dan’s tower of human trash

what kind of language is that?
An important distinction is that the toorak people don’t live in the same building.
But they were told to isolate and some didn’t. And those who didn’t were called out in their community and publicly.

Do you realise how much money an ICU bed costs? Over a million dollars a year to just staff it. One bed. Having unused ICU beds sitting around wastes huge amounts of money that is desperately needed elsewhere in the health system.

Even if you don’t care about the money, having a large reserve of spare bed space just isn’t physically possible. Doctors and nurses can’t sit around waiting for a pandemic. They need work in order to gain and maintain their skills. Our normal ICU case load can’t sustain training and maintaining a large increase in staff.

Before the pandemic we had 2,500 ICU beds across the country. Now we have the capacity to stretch it to maybe 7,500 in an emergency.

That’s probably all Australia is physically capable of. If we end up with 7,500 patients in ICU beds, a lot of them will already be receiving compromised care because they’ll be be treated by orthopaedic surgeons and paediatric nurses with a bit of extra training.

7,500 beds is nowhere near enough to manage uncontrolled spread of a disease that puts around 5% of patients in ICU for up to two weeks.

This is not a problem that can be solved by throwing money at it. Either we pay with social restrictions or we pay with lives.
In a perverse way this is the reason why ICU beds in the US operate at above 80% capacity on a regular day. They charge more for them so the most sick are put there.

Fortunately the rest of Australia should be able to assist each state as it becomes problematic, should it be, and hopefully only one state at a time.

sonow the Vic incompetence is spreading, with sick Victorians cleared to enter NSW only for our health authorities to diagnose them.

We all know NSW is better but how about you just all stay the * away until you get a better government and health officials who can do a half decent job.

We ****ed up 4 months ago and learned from our mistake.

Oh, and keep Jetstar in Vic too. Useless cheap airline.

what kind of language is that?
An important distinction is that the toorak people don’t live in the same building.
But they were told to isolate and some didn’t. And those who didn’t were called out in their community and publicly.

Pretty apt I would say. It is how Dan is treating those people. You could only lock people up with no notice, take forever to get them food/medicine etc if you saw them that way. Not what I think of them - how Dan's actions show he thinks.

He needs to go for many reasons. But in this case it looks like Jetstar failed to organise the testing.
Looks like the NSW government dropped the ball here, leaving low paid and untrained people in charge of border control. Should've had police and ADF in there controlling it.
Seems they've learned nothing from Ruby Princess. Gladys and the Health Minister must resign immediately instead of hiding behind another sham inquiry. They're putting the whole country at risk again.

See how ridiculous it all sounds? But nothing will stop you cheering for your team.

Looks like the NSW government dropped the ball here, leaving low paid and untrained people in charge of border control. Should've had police and ADF in there controlling it.
Seems they've learned nothing from Ruby Princess. Gladys and the Health Minister must resign immediately instead of hiding behind another sham inquiry. They're putting the whole country at risk again.

See how ridiculous it all sounds? But nothing will stop you cheering for your team.
You're right, they should figure out exactly what went on, who was responsible and then make them accountable.

Victoria has their next election sooner, it would be incompetent for them to not have completed their investigations by that time so their people may hold them accountable.

Or if the investigation finds the government was negligent, damages claimed by those who have suffered as a result of it.

You're right, they should figure out exactly what went on, who was responsible and then make them accountable.

Victoria has their next election sooner, it would be incompetent for them to not have completed their investigations by that time so their people may hold them accountable.

Or if the investigation finds the government was negligent, damages claimed by those who have suffered as a result of it.
But we know that won't happen. The Ruby Princess inquiry is a big joke, as will be the Victorian one. Calling for either Dan or Gladys to resign is nonsensical. Operational mistakes are going to happen. We've not experienced anything like this in our lifetimes.

The main aspect that should come under scrutiny is whether or not Alex Hawke deliberately interfered with ABF to allow his family members off the ship.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like another unreliable and incompetent private sector entity not able to do the correct thing for the benefit of the public.
Seems like the private sector don’t have the public’s interest in mind.

Apart from where I have frequently been critical?

So NSW have just requested 350-500 troops to control 55 border crossings.
Dan has just asked for 260 troops to help monitor metro Melbourne.

NSW = 150 ADF for quarantine security
VIC = 0 ADF for quarantine security

I mean fair suck of the Halal sausage roll!!
Why the reticence of Dan in using the ADF?
Was/is it a control thing of losing that to the Commonwealth?

In a perverse way this is the reason why ICU beds in the US operate at above 80% capacity on a regular day. They charge more for them so the most sick are put there.

Fortunately the rest of Australia should be able to assist each state as it becomes problematic, should it be, and hopefully only one state at a time.

Australia also operates at around 75-80% ICU occupancy

I’m really not liking the utter negative personal comments aimed at Dan Andrews the person. It’s actually making me feel upset for him.

I feel the same way when people made the same utter negative comments about Scott Morrison the person. There is no place for it at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sonow the Vic incompetence is spreading, with sick Victorians cleared to enter NSW only for our health authorities to diagnose them.

We all know NSW is better but how about you just all stay the fu** away until you get a better government and health officials who can do a half decent job.

It's not necessarily sick Victorians. It could be NSW residents returning home. The ACT has recorded it's first cases in a month after 2 people returned from spending time in known Melbourne hotspots then went round the town shopping instead of isolating.

Why the reticence of Dan in using the ADF?
Was/is it a control thing of losing that to the Commonwealth?

The appointment of security guards was at best naive, given that they are loose units.

Dan copped more than a massive whack for it from all participants in the media yesterday, to the point where I felt sorry for him! Ignoring what the judicial inquiry finds, he knows what the public jury has decided.

Anyway, let's collectively just bunker down again and see if we can * this thing off.

I’m really not liking the utter negative personal comments aimed at Dan Andrews the person. It’s actually making me feel upset for him.

I feel the same way when people made the same utter negative comments about Scott Morrison the person. There is no place for it at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think a lot of us are guilty of this. Becoming much more American where we just shout at each other. You have inspired me to drop my ConDan description - he has stuffed up but still a bloke with kids etc doing his best. Maybe we reserve name calling and abuse for only those who act with evil intent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back