Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am missing something. Why have muslims/immigrants made COVID worse? I get the security guard population has a lot of muslims but that’s a government issue. The lack of English speaking maybe?

but I find Muslims to be very clean people so hand washing etc would be top notch.

There is a problem there, early reports that the Feds fund the TAFEs but the people being funded dont attend - now there is another stuff up 'through to the keeper'.

Instead of a judicial inquiry, it really should’ve been a Royal Commission into Victoria’s handling of the Coronavirus crisis.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

As long as Justice Coates is dinkum, she will get to the bottom of the decision making on day one by calling the sidelined DHHS employee:

Finding what happened wont be difficult, chasing down the cover up will run out of time. the report is due Sep 25.

As long as Justice Coates is dinkum, she will get to the bottom of the decision making on day one by calling the sidelined DHHS employee:

Finding what happened wont be difficult, chasing down the cover up will run out of time. the report is due Sep 25.

That article pretty much sums up why we are in the current position

Their population is 10 times or more than Victoria in roughly the same size land area
I don’t think it’s an appropriate comparison
Yep- fair enough but it’s as much about keeping some sort of perspective - Boris, wilfully and deliberately made several poor decisions in responding to the virus that have actively contributed to the high UK numbers. As have several other world leaders. Andrews might be shown to have had an incompetent department head, but hasn’t made such deliberate very ordinary choices. And have they lost their jobs-those leaders, whose performance has been worse?
Who would you like to compare us too- Singapore- similar population and slight similarity of the ‘essential workers’ getting it? 1000 cases a day at their second spike.

Last edited:
That’s fair, but there are people who will not even acknowledge the bad decision.

It probably goes beyond just a bad decision as well. Some of the issues that are emerging make it sound like amateur hour all over. There’s the obvious - hiring Dodgy Bros Pty Ltd as security. Then there’s matters like 30% of guests being allowed to leave untested after 14 days.

It may have been a second wave was coming regardless, but it appears the hotels are a very significant contributor. Might have avoided a second lockdown entirely if it had been properly managed. I’m not calling for his head, but it looks incompetent.

I think acknowledgement largely comes with whether people are prepared to have that discussion in good faith.

There are people in here twisting the knife on Andrews who are defending Donald Trump in another thread. Why would any Andrews supporter concede ground to those people?

Of course Andrews has made mistakes. But the utter vitriol being directed his way is over the top. I like him, I voted for him and I will await the results of the investigation before I walk back my support.

What I won’t do is execute the guy without fair trial and before I understand the ramifications of voting in an alternative.

Last edited:
Yep agree, and the 10,000 or so other knobs a few weeks later.

Geez, get a load of this one on his high horse.

No amount of excusing or defending the BLM protests, with the holier than thou “this is bigger than the virus” attitude from people like yourself in this thread will deter from the fact it was moronic and stupid, and put everyone’s lives in danger. While that attitude continues, the topic is fair game.

Bullshit.

People who bitch about the BLM protests causing an unproven spike in cases don’t get to swan around Chadstone buying X-box games and new Chuck Taylors.

I made no excuse for the protest. But I won’t accept clowns who bitch about it on here heading off to JB ******* Hi-Fi as though there is one rule for them and one rule for everyone else.

They are the hypocrites. Not the people who protested.

Yep- fair enough but it’s as much about keeping some sort of perspective - Boris, wilfully and deliberately made several poor decisions in responding to the virus that have actively contributed to the high UK numbers. As have several other world leaders. Andrews might be shown to have had an incompetent department head, but hasn’t made such deliberate very ordinary choices. And no one is calling for those leaders, whose performance has been worse, to be sacked.
Who would you like to compare us too- Singapore- similar population and slight similarity of the ‘essential workers’ getting it? 1000 cases a day at their second spike.

You are comparing Boris with Mr Andrews, are you completely lost?

Day one of the inquiry .... thats why it was called. Dan already knows where it is going to land.
Yep. You can bet it will be released 5PM on a Friday.

Shame some low level staffer will be thrown under the bus instead of the minister

So whilst we can’t blame the protests for fitting exactly into the timeline of the spike because there are only 4 known cases and 40 linked cases to the protestors. But, given we are in this situation because people have done the wrong thing, people have lied constantly to DHHS about their movements and whereabouts. Dan is quick to blame all Victorians for doing the wrong thing.

But how can anyone sit here and say none of the 400 community transmission cases since the protests were people who attended the protest? How can you say none of the hundreds of people connected to the public housing outbreak attended the protests? Or are we saying all good Victorian family people lie about their movements, but those angelic protestors who think it’s ok to protest during a pandemic are perfectly honest people? That they would freely admit to having been there?

You cannot say it was definitely not the protests when there is so much unknown and that’s what pisses me and others off about Dans response, he will blame every Victorian, except those 10,000 wonderful people who decided an American criminal was more important than any Australian.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So whilst we can’t blame the protests for fitting exactly into the timeline of the spike because there are only 4 known cases and 40 linked cases to the protestors. But, given we are in this situation because people have done the wrong thing, people have lied constantly to DHHS about their movements and whereabouts. Dan is quick to blame all Victorians for doing the wrong thing.

But how can anyone sit here and say none of the 400 community transmission cases since the protests were people who attended the protest? How can you say none of the hundreds of people connected to the public housing outbreak attended the protests? Or are we saying all good Victorian family people lie about their movements, but those angelic protestors who think it’s ok to protest during a pandemic are perfectly honest people? That they would freely admit to having been there?

You cannot say it was definitely not the protests when there is so much unknown and that’s what pisses me and others off about Dans response, he will blame every Victorian, except those 10,000 wonderful people who decided an American criminal was more important than any Australian.

Did you get those essential X-box games for your kids?

I love you finger-pointers. Your lack of self-awareness is quite something.

Considering the fact that some people earlier on social media were speculating that around 480-500 new Coronavirus cases would be announced today after by Premier Daniel Andrews, today’s figures (216), while still a high number, isn’t as bad as yesterday’s numbers (288). The next two weeks will tell if the lockdown strategy 2.0 is working this time.

Yep. You can bet it will be released 5PM on a Friday.

Shame some low level staffer will be thrown under the bus instead of the minister

The judicial inquiry into the hotel quarantine program will hold its first public hearing on July 20 with opening statements from the judge in charge, Jennifer Coate, and counsel assisting Tony Neal, QC, but no immediate questioning of witnesses.

The inquiry, which will be live-streamed to the public, was announced by Premier Daniel Andrews on July 2 as a result of the outbreak of COVID-19 through security guards hired to police the quarantine at the Rydges Carlton and Stamford hotels.

The judicial inquiry into the hotel quarantine program will hold its first public hearing on July 20 with opening statements from the judge in charge, Jennifer Coate, and counsel assisting Tony Neal, QC, but no immediate questioning of witnesses.

The inquiry, which will be live-streamed to the public, was announced by Premier Daniel Andrews on July 2 as a result of the outbreak of COVID-19 through security guards hired to police the quarantine at the Rydges Carlton and Stamford hotels.

Amazing. Normally with bad news they dump it on a Friday afternoon.
Must think the hit they will take is worth it.

Considering the fact that some people earlier on social media were speculating that around 480-500 new Coronavirus cases would be announced today after by Premier Daniel Andrews, today’s figures (216), while still a high number, isn’t as bad as yesterday’s numbers (288). The next two weeks will tell if the lockdown strategy 2.0 is working this time.

Tuesday's figures will be telling

Did you get those essential X-box games for your kids?

I love you finger-pointers. Your lack of self-awareness is quite something.

Not yet, because unlike those selfish, arrogant protestors, when I’m told to self isolate that’s what I do. Decided to get tested before going back to work next week so I’ll stay home for a week until I get the test results.

If only those protestors had followed the same advice, we might not be in this lockdown now

What sort of Coronavirus numbers could we expect to see on Tuesday?

Been a week off lockdown hopefully trending down the following tuesday even more important

Bullshit.

People who b*tch about the BLM protests causing an unproven spike in cases don’t get to swan around Chadstone buying X-box games and new Chuck Taylors.

I made no excuse for the protest. But I won’t accept clowns who b*tch about it on here heading off to JB ******* Hi-Fi as though there is one rule for them and one rule for everyone else.

They are the hypocrites. Not the people who protested.
Hai friend,

I can go to JB HiFi... but then again I’m not living in the disease riddled hell hole that is Melbourne. I truly have never ever got the appeal of our largest Metropolis.

Hai friend,

I can go to JB HiFi... but then again I’m not living in the disease riddled hell hole that is Melbourne. I truly have never ever got the appeal of our largest Metropolis.
i mean who the * goes JB HiFi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back