Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe the libs advertising at the last election which tried to make him (Andrews) look nerdy and hesitant was way off would undermine any approach they took next time

Luckily for us, it'll be cheaper than the most expensive wedge tactic in australian history

The only chance the Coalition has of defeating the Andrews Labor government in 2018 is simple: if they change the leader. There's no way in the world the Coalition will win the next state election if Matthew Guy remains Opposition Leader.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't be so sure, if Daniel Andrews is electable, anyone is.

Seem MFB Chief Peter Rau has now weighed into the debate suggesting the CFA/MFB debacle is far from over (front page of Herald Sun, subscription required)

Cue the ALP staffers to come and post here how he's just a dumb bogan who doesn't know anything other than what is spoon-fed to him by the Murdoch press

Seem MFB Chief Peter Rau has now weighed into the debate suggesting the CFA/MFB debacle is far from over (front page of Herald Sun, subscription required)

Cue the ALP staffers to come and post here how he's just a dumb bogan who doesn't know anything other than what is spoon-fed to him by the Murdoch press
Liberal Party appointment isn't he? Seems they want to keep this going, Liberals must be in the shitter if the HUN is still going with this.

Did I miss my cue? :rolleyes:

It's a classic case of the bosses thinking they know best in some sort of power trip.

And that's a key issue in all of this. The bosses want the control in their hands and to remain in their hands - hence they are opposed to any differing points of view.

The problem with that is that the people they are in charge of have a different view.

Or in other words, managers wants to manage. Also worth pointing out this is an organisation that deals with life and death ramifications if orders aren't carried out.

But I wouldn't worry, because the Minister says that just because a group has the legal ability to do something doesn't mean that they'll necessarily do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

During the hearings yesterday, the new CFA Chief Officer Steve Warrington, who is a genuinely decent bloke, made the comment that the EBA is really not as bad as everyone believes that it is.

Why should anyone take a patsy seriously?

The new CFA Chief Officer, just like the CFA board are all a bunch of "yes-men" and "patsys" inserted by Dan Andrews and James Merlino as some part of a power trip that's designed to hand the CFA over to Peter Marshall and as quickly as is feasibly possible....the question that still needs to be asked is why?

All the Dan-Worshipers haven't provided in this discussion ONE credible reason why the CFA should be handed over to Peter Marshall and the UFU.

The role of the unions is to look after their members, NOT run the organisations that their members are part of. That is what is conveniently forgotten here.

What does Peter Marshall have on Dan Andrews and James Merlino????

Is it

A: A recording that implies corruption
B: A reminder of what they did for them at the last election
C: The power to turn against them at the next election
D: The power to force them out of their jobs now

Why should anyone take a patsy seriously?

The new CFA Chief Officer, just like the CFA board are all a bunch of "yes-men" and "patsys" inserted by Dan Andrews and James Merlino as some part of a power trip that's designed to hand the CFA over to Peter Marshall and as quickly as is feasibly possible....the question that still needs to be asked is why?

All the Dan-Worshipers haven't provided in this discussion ONE credible reason why the CFA should be handed over to Peter Marshall and the UFU.

The role of the unions is to look after their members, NOT run the organisations that their members are part of. That is what is conveniently forgotten here.

What does Peter Marshall have on Dan Andrews and James Merlino????

Is it

A: A recording that implies corruption
B: A reminder of what they did for them at the last election
C: The power to turn against them at the next election
D: The power to force them out of their jobs now

I would suggest you have no idea who Steve Warrington is for one or his history in firefighting. Perhaps I can be of assistance.

Started in the CFA 38 years ago. That means he was involved in Ash Wednesday (amongst other events) directly on the firefront.
Been both a volunteer firefighter and a career firefighter.
Has been Deputy Chief Officer for a number of years...including during Black Saturday in 2009. Has been acting Chief Officer on 3 separate occassions, including this time, where he has the role until the end of Summer 2017.

I doubt there is anyone in CFA ranks more eminently qualified or experienced to be the Chief Officer than him.

There is no evidence that the Minister appoints any Chief Officer of the MFB or CFA. Find me evidence of that and I and any other reasonable person would take it seriously.

I would suggest you have no idea who Steve Warrington is for one or his history in firefighting. Perhaps I can be of assistance.

Started in the CFA 38 years ago. That means he was involved in Ash Wednesday (amongst other events) directly on the firefront.
Has been Deputy Chief Officer for a number of years...including during Black Saturday in 2009. Has been acting Chief Officer on 3 separate occassions, including this time, where he has the role until the end of Summer 2017.

I doubt there is anyone in CFA ranks more eminently qualified or experienced to be the Chief Officer than him.

There is no evidence that the Minister appoints any Chief Officer of the MFB or CFA. Find me evidence of that and I and any other reasonable person would take it seriously.

Points for the deflection but that doesn't answer the overall question.

Seems coincidental that the previous Chief Officer resigns and then Merlino gets this guy as acting Chief Officer...that's why the new CFA Board got appointed....to ram through the deal.

Points for the deflection but that doesn't answer the overall question.

Seems coincidental that the previous Chief Officer resigns and then Merlino gets this guy as acting Chief Officer...that's why the new CFA Board got appointed....to ram through the deal.

The thing is this deal should have been ratified 3 years ago. It is not the current Government's fault, the union's fault or the current board's fault. Had it been done when it supposed to have been done by Napthine and his relevant Minister, there would not be the current dispute over the same EBA.

Warrington's other comment was straight to the point - everyone in the CFA just wants this dealt with so that everyone concerned can get on with the planning and resourcing for the next fire season.

The problem is the media, lead by the Herald-Sun, wants to continue the dirt digging mission that the Liberal Party is engaging in as a distraction from both it's drastically poor polling and lack of policy direction..not to hold the Government to account but to distract everyone off the vital work that needs to be done.

There is no cuddly mate deals here. Provide the evidence of such.

There is no arrogance, corruption or coercion that has been actually proven..just rumours and innuendo.

As for Peter Rau, he is another Napthine appointee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a classic case of the bosses thinking they know best in some sort of power trip.

And that's a key issue in all of this. The bosses want the control in their hands and to remain in their hands - hence they are opposed to any differing points of view.

The problem with that is that the people they are in charge of have a different view.

I can only assume by these comments Pazza that you have never owned a business or held a managerial position before.

For any organisation to be effective, management need to have control over their workforce, it's the most basic premise of organisational theory.

Pazza's view of life

Anyone who agrees with Andrews = Great guy, Preeminent authority on all things MFB/CFA/Emergency Services
Anyone who disagrees with Andrews = Liberal appointee, Herald Sun reading moron, Knows nothing

Any chance of a leadership challenge against Daniel Andrews happening before the 2018 Victorian State election?

The article is full of lies and half truths. 7 paid firefighters do not need to be on site before fire fighting commences. I never saw it when I looked at the EBA, maybe I missed it so someone please quote it.

Buttin is quoting lines used before and ones that were not accepted by the Fair Work Commissioner when he was deliberating on the CFA issue. Anyone trying to use that as just cause has obviously not looked that far into this issue and is basing everything they think they know on what they read in the press. Well guess what the press are full of it on this one and haven't read it themselves.

As for many of the MFB concerns, the MFB is a very different organisation to the CFA and most of what was contentious doesn't apply. The MFP is fully professional, no volunteers, CFA is mixed, MFB services only urban Melburne, CFA service the whole state.

IF Buttin really wanted to do something worthwhile he should be trying to redraw the map made up in the 1960s designating MFB and CFA areas, because really it is a long way out of date.

Wow! Hardly worth a news article.

It's funny how all this is going on and yet when you look at Victoria what are the things happening.

Whilst crime is a real issue, the current Government can only do so much to stop it from happening. The culture in the police force is changing for the better slowly but surely too.

Public transport could not be in better shape. The level crossing issue is in delivery stage in both the St. Albans area and the Frankston line from Glenhuntly to Moorabbin. Skyrail is not the only next project to have movement either. The Heidelberg to Rosanna works are coming up. Cheey St and Werribee St in Werribee are having survey work done them. Plans are out for Kororoit Creek Road. There does appear to be an electircity issue for the new station under construction at Caroline Springs however.

Nearby to the final project listed above is the proposed expansion of the Cleanaway tip in Ravenhall. A decision needs to be made on that issue one way or the other (my preference would be to knock the expansion on it's head).

We are now seeing passenger ferries going from Werribee South and Portarlington to the city. Hopefully people take up the opportunity to use the service.

Say the Coalition has decided that they couldn't win the 2018 state election with Matthew Guy as Opposition leader.

What would happen if they had former Federal Treasurer Peter Costello or former Victorian Premier Jeff Kennett as leader-could either Kennett or Costello win the 2018 election for the Coalition and thus making Daniel Andrews follow in the footsteps of his predecessor Denis Napthine by becoming a one-term premier? Because if the UFU-CFA war drags on into the 2018 election, that could cost Andrews a swag of seats in country Victoria.

lol, the state is in good shape and capable hands-some of you lot are so desperate its downright embarrassing. Why don't you go find yourselves a real cause.;) Suing Matty Guy for defrauding the state for starters?

I seem to remember when the Black Saturday enquiry findings were handed down, the Hun was far more interested in going after a certain person, than promoting any of the real findings
Christine Nixon, the police minister at the time, whos position now no longer 'runs' bushfire response, which seems like a sensible change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back