Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
I guess the only way we'll see if that is an accurate reflection of popularity is how he goes in the next election. I will keep an eye on that polling leading into the next election because I often wonder how accurate some of these polls actually are. I think from memory some polls were a little off at the last Federal election in regards to Vic - where Labor were expected to perform much better than they did.

Maybe because victorians were more forgiving of turnbull than a lot of the country was eg queensland

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
The Fed libs are obviously being tricky with money because Andrews flittered away 1.2 bil on a road that wasnt built. They are hardly going to reward that. As a result the Victorian people have suffered. Andrews has fast become unpopular in Victoria. Much like Mike Baird, he is going to have to make some concessions - or risk a landslide loss at the next election.

Sounds like you are happy being punished for voting labor.

The libs gambled on a big wedge with eastwest, made a huge elction issue of it.....and lost. Id go on but you are obviously more one eyed than I am

romeohwho

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
I guess the only way we'll see if that is an accurate reflection of popularity is how he goes in the next election. I will keep an eye on that polling leading into the next election because I often wonder how accurate some of these polls actually are. I think from memory some polls were a little off at the last Federal election in regards to Vic - where Labor were expected to perform much better than they did.
Yep, you do that.

What is with the plating false framing from the delcons on here of late?

Regardless on what you think of the man, Andrew's simply isn't 'unpopular'.

Obviously I'm assuming that you're referring to polls but if not, simply to provide some balance to the Andrews' wankfest in this thread

mighty tiges

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2002
oneeyed-richmond.com
AFL Club
Richmond
Interesting the things you find on the web:

Cu2F9jBVIAEN6rY.jpg

Last edited:

Sainteric

Cancelled
Aug 5, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
So in the new water plan with no new dams, no pipes and keeping the desal that we dont need.

They have anounced 10 m for aboriginal water. Whats that all about?

Todman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 7, 2004
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The "Oscar's Law" legislation would win a lot of votes across ther board as really a ban on puppy breeding was another election promise made in 2014 that has been delivered on.

From a friend who has 1 bitch as a small time breeder of golden retrievers

Proposed new Victorian regulations re breeding could well see the end of people like me , and as a consequence the end of you and thousands of animal lovers being able to buy a well bred healthy puppy/ kitten. Council elections are coming , PLEASE write/ call them all and express your personal view. No generic letters as they are classed as one letter.
A summary of the impact of proposed new legislation in Victoria.

Members of applicable organisations... now have to register as a Domestic Animal Breeding Business if they have ONE or more fertile female dogs.

Any person who owns ONE OR MORE fertile female dogs and breeds or sells puppies is required to register as A Domestic Animal Breeding Business.

From the 10th April 2020 you can keep a maximum of 10 breeding females
- IF your council registers you as a Domestic Animal Breeding Business,
- IF they grant you an Excess Animal Permit and
- IF the Victorian Planning Provisions permit dog breeding on your property.

The fee for registration of a Domestic Animal Breeding Business will be set by the local Council.

The penalty for exceeding 10 fertile breeding females is 164 penalty units - approx $25,000.

A domestic Animal Breeding Business must comply with the Code of Practice for the operation of Breeding and Rearing Businesses 2014.

If you have 6 or less adult dogs - including males - you may keep them in your home without building kennels that comply with the Code of Practice for the operation of Breeding and Rearing Businesses 2014.

There will be a central Domestic Animal Business Registry. Microchip databases will identify where puppies are being produced.

There will also be Registration of dog obedience organisations.

Foster careers will be required to be registered annually, for a fee, with their local council council. This will impact breed rescue.
No reduced Council registration fees for dogsvic members.

Oct 4, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So in the new water plan with no new dams, no pipes and keeping the desal that we dont need.
New dams won't solve anything as all the major systems north of the divide (Murray, Kiewa, Broken, Goulburn, Campaspe, Loddon) have storages on them and all of those go dry. Making storages bigger will cost a prohibitive amount of money, increase environmental impacts upon upstream and downstream catchments for a relatively small increase in storage capacity. Even then they will still go dry. In terms of cost/benefit, using our water more efficiently is a better prospect.

Victoria is already connected via pipelines. The Loddon and Campaspe are connected to the Goulburn via a pipeline through Lake Eppalock and the Waranga Channel. There are pipelines to the Wimmera-Mallee from the Murray. All of Melbourne's water storages are connected via pipelines and to northern Victoria (the Goulburn) via the north-south pipe.

The desal is something both the Liberals and Labor argued for. The Liberals planned to build a desal plant for $400 million in 2006 but the capacity was only 10% of Melbourne's daily water consumption. The Wonthaggi plant can produce 100% of Melbourne's daily water consumption.

Thomson Dam (built in '84) holds 60% of Melbourne's water supply and would fill 100% each year until in 1998. It has not filled to more than 85% since. In 2009, when the Wonthaggi desal plant was commissioned the storage was 16% full. While it's expensive, it is needed.

The climate is drying, in the last twenty years we have had three years (2010, 2011, and 2016) with above average rainfall and one year (2012) with just near average rainfall across Victoria. The rest have been on average 15 to 40% less than the long term average. The desal plant is insurance that if Victoria has another twelve year drought and the storages go completely dry, Melbourne will still have enough water available to support 4.5 million people. In 2009, that was what we were facing and it is still a genuine possibility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

medusala

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 14, 2004
Loftus Road
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Thomson Dam (built in '84) holds 60% of Melbourne's water supply and would fill 100% each year until in 1998. It has not filled to more than 85% since. In 2009, when the Wonthaggi desal plant was commissioned the storage was 16% full. While it's expensive, it is needed.

The desal plant was a convenient excuse to throw a bung to a certain union. Even Fairfax had a go at Andrews over his CFMEU links.

Unfortunately the state Liberals have been a joke since Kennett left.

Jascave

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2005
Sandringham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers
The desal plant was a convenient excuse to throw a bung to a certain union. Even Fairfax had a go at Andrews over his CFMEU links.

Unfortunately the state Liberals have been a joke since Kennett left.

Agree with you re the Victorian Liberals. Don't think I've seen a weaker Opposition in the time I've been watching Victorian politics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
New dams won't solve anything as all the major systems north of the divide (Murray, Kiewa, Broken, Goulburn, Campaspe, Loddon) have storages on them and all of those go dry. Making storages bigger will cost a prohibitive amount of money, increase environmental impacts upon upstream and downstream catchments for a relatively small increase in storage capacity. Even then they will still go dry. In terms of cost/benefit, using our water more efficiently is a better prospect.

Victoria is already connected via pipelines. The Loddon and Campaspe are connected to the Goulburn via a pipeline through Lake Eppalock and the Waranga Channel. There are pipelines to the Wimmera-Mallee from the Murray. All of Melbourne's water storages are connected via pipelines and to northern Victoria (the Goulburn) via the north-south pipe.

The desal is something both the Liberals and Labor argued for. The Liberals planned to build a desal plant for $400 million in 2006 but the capacity was only 10% of Melbourne's daily water consumption. The Wonthaggi plant can produce 100% of Melbourne's daily water consumption.

The climate is drying, in the last twenty years we have had three years (2010, 2011, and 2016) with above average rainfall and one year (2012) with just near average rainfall across Victoria. The rest have been on average 15 to 40% less than the long term average. The desal plant is insurance that if Victoria has another twelve year drought and the storages go completely dry, Melbourne will still have enough water available to support 4.5 million people. In 2009, that was what we were facing and it is still a genuine possibility.

About the time the lib govt refused to use one pipeline because it was built bu labor, I was amused to fins there are actually pipelines between catchments all over the place. we are well served by dams, especially compared to head of population. better upkeep and expansion in capacity (scooping out) and efficiency of exiting dams ought to be enough

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Andrews could murder and eat a child I'd still be sceptical if I read it in the Hun, such is their pathological campaign against him.

Also, with hindsight, we are all condemning the decision to build and overpay for the desal plant.

But at the same time, weren't many of us concerned enough to install rainwater tanks which were such a popular item, they were being sold at vastly inflated prices?

Jascave

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2005
Sandringham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers
Andrews could murder and eat a child I'd still be sceptical if I read it in the Hun, such is their pathological campaign against him.

Also, with hindsight, we are all condemning the decision to build and overpay for the desal plant.

But at the same time, weren't many of us concerned enough to install rainwater tanks which were such a popular item, they were being sold at vastly inflated prices?

How did the Herald Sun treated previous Labor Premiers such as the late Joan Kirner, Steve Bracks and John Brumby compared to what Daniel Andrews is receiving?

How did the Herald Sun treated previous Labor Premiers such as the late Joan Kirner, Steve Bracks and John Brumby compared to what Daniel Andrews is receiving?

Steve and John not as bad, Joan - typical HUN style.

hamohawk1

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The Desal Plant is a perplexing one. How Victorians seemingly forget how up s*** creek Victoria was with its water supply at the time of the decision, we only had something like 4-500 days left of water left. Either political party would've been chastised for making action because of the economics but would've been crucified for lack of inaction. This is one of the f****d things with political commentary by the MSM.

Nov 9, 2010
de_dust2
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The Desal Plant is a perplexing one. How Victorians seemingly forget how up s*** creek Victoria was with its water supply at the time of the decision, we only had something like 4-500 days left of water left. Either political party would've been chastised for making action because of the economics but would've been crucified for lack of inaction. This is one of the f****d things with political commentary by the MSM.

personally i don't see the problem as the desal plant itself but the management of its build and how much if ******* blew at as what was the true disaster. the unions ran wild and the lack of control over them is unforgivable.

medusala

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 14, 2004
Loftus Road
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Has Daniel Andrews ever met a union he didnt want to shower with taxpayers money?

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/a...ars-after-union-pay-deal-20161023-gs8p08.html

The cost of dispatching ambulances in Victoria has soared in the wake of a controversial union pay deal with paramedics.

Ambulance Victoria's latest annual report has revealed it cost the state an average of $826 to send out an ambulance in 2015-16. That was about $80, or 10.7 per cent, more than the previous year, and a hefty $156, or 23 per cent, more than in 2012-13.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Has Daniel Andrews ever met a union he didnt want to shower with taxpayers money?

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/a...ars-after-union-pay-deal-20161023-gs8p08.html

The cost of dispatching ambulances in Victoria has soared in the wake of a controversial union pay deal with paramedics.

Ambulance Victoria's latest annual report has revealed it cost the state an average of $826 to send out an ambulance in 2015-16. That was about $80, or 10.7 per cent, more than the previous year, and a hefty $156, or 23 per cent, more than in 2012-13.

Is it tax money though?

Feb 18, 2003
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool

The thing that is not reported here is that Ambulance membership for a single is about $35.

Shame more Victorians don't take that sort of responsibility for themselves and have it. And really for the costs annually, why wouldn't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back