Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you knew someone who's been burgled at leisure by Apex, you might have a different tune. Loudmouth Dan infamously vowed to "smash" Apex and has since proven he couldn't smash a fly with a rolled-up copy of The Age.

I've had my say and that's all I came here for. I know you'll want the last word, so over to you, Your Majesty.

are you privy to police operations?
I would have thought it would take longer than a couple of months.
This whole Apex Gang thing is nothing new, it was 3174 when i was growing up among others. The police will sort it out.

are you privy to police operations?
I would have thought it would take longer than a couple of months.
This whole Apex Gang thing is nothing new, it was 3174 when i was growing up among others. The police will sort it out.

Moomba's coming round again.

Not blaming the coppers, VicPol was neutered by the Labor appointment Nixon and they're frustrated by lenient courts. Have some insight into the process of "bagging" gang members through mates in the force.

Yeah, he is terrible, and not very popular. Labor would be well served to dump him. He will be poison going into the next State election.

I forgot big footys obsessions with polls. Thought it would've died down after Brexit and Trump - obviously not.
The point is he's more popular than the opposition leader. If he's electoral poison then what does that make the invisible man Guy?

Who do the other 33% feel is the best premier?
Undecided to date. A surprising number remain uncommitted until the election or alternatively just don't want to say.
This is becoming more evident in a number of poll questions.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...d/news-story/f8565de7b98468396da08f76baa1ecde

I get the feeling Dan isn't going to survive a full term as Premier with stuff like this continuing to pop up.

He's made too many enemies within his own party (hence the continual leaking to the HS) and we've seen that the ALP aren't averse to swinging the axe with moderate poll results as an excuse.

Should be interesting times for Dan the Campaigner over the next 12 - 18 months

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...d/news-story/f8565de7b98468396da08f76baa1ecde

I get the feeling Dan isn't going to survive a full term as Premier with stuff like this continuing to pop up.

He's made too many enemies within his own party (hence the continual leaking to the HS) and we've seen that the ALP aren't averse to swinging the axe with moderate poll results as an excuse.

Should be interesting times for Dan the Campaigner over the next 12 - 18 months

Except that the last forced mid term change was liberals. Unless you count Brack's retirement, which seemed legit, and want first term anyway.

and now its coming out thst parole leninecy has been reversed, prison population up 70% - libs given repor in power saying more accommodation needed, sat on the report. So the crisis the libs are hoping gets them back in power, fat and happy, is of their own making

Except that the last forced mid term change was liberals. Unless you count Brack's retirement, which seemed legit, and want first term anyway.

and now its coming out thst parole leninecy has been reversed, prison population up 70% - libs given repor in power saying more accommodation needed, sat on the report. So the crisis the libs are hoping gets them back in power, fat and happy, is of their own making

Huh?

WTF has that got to do with Dan the Campaigner? Don't know why you wouldn't make comment on my post rather than deflect with some irrelevant misdirection

Huh?

WTF has that got to do with Dan the Campaigner? Don't know why you wouldn't make comment on my post rather than deflect with some irrelevant misdirection

You are wrong to say the State ALP is more likely to replace a first term premier because of polling.
Bracks retired mid term bu it wasnt bad polling that caused it

is that clear enough? You were WRONG

You are wrong to say the State ALP is more likely to replace a first term premier because of polling.
Bracks retired mid term bu it wasnt bad polling that caused it

is that clear enough? You were WRONG

LOL the political landscape has clearly changed, leaders from both parties at state and federal level are clearly under more pressure from within their own party than they ever have been. To suggest that historically this hasn't occurred at State level so it won't happen to Dan the Campaigner is a furphy.

As for your rant about prison numbers, it has no relevance to what I posted and was clearly a poor attempt to deflect

LOL the political landscape has clearly changed, leaders from both parties at state and federal level are clearly under more pressure from within their own party than they ever have been. To suggest that historically this hasn't occurred at State level so it won't happen to Dan the Campaigner is a furphy.

As for your rant about prison numbers, it has no relevance to what I posted and was clearly a poor attempt to deflect
Where do you get that Andrews is under pressure? Hopefully the Murdoch Press is not your only source.
Whilst he is still keeping pre-election promises, doubt that there will be any move on him.
If you believe in polls, sure his numbers have dropped but no where near him being replaced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you think the Andrews Labor Government needs to do in 2017 if they are to have any chance of retaining government in 2018?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What do you think the Andrews Labor Government needs to do in 2017 if they are to have any chance of retaining government in 2018?

Govern for ALL Victorians as far as I'm concerned!

I also think that they need to get someone to explain how teachers are supposed to fit Safe Schools and Respectful Relationships into an ever growing curriculum. This is something that concerns me greatly as I'm coming into my final year of my teaching degree and with the greatest of respect, I don't think James Merlino actually understands the demands of the classroom.

They need to also be acutely aware of the rising cost of living too as they're now putting up costs on public transport not to mention the outrageous electricity and gas increases. It's going to be difficult for someone like me who's a Uni student and renting next year I fear but Andrews and Co don't give 2 shits about people like me.

If Daniel Andrews and his government gets off to a poor start in 2017 (ie youth crime rate goes even further up, major bushfires, no resolution to UFU/CFA issues etc) expect to see a leadership challenge from Jane Garrett by May-June next year. The Labor government backbenchers have every right to be nervous, especially with a state election looming.

Just a question, what exactly is Matthew Guy/LNP offering as an alternative to the current ALP government? What's their main points of difference?

This coming from an undecided voter who takes little interest in state politics and voted Liberal at the last state election.
I don't like Andrews himself, but the current government has definitely been a positive for Victoria in my eyes and although I lean centre right I just don't see what positives there are for changing government.

Just a question, what exactly is Matthew Guy/LNP offering as an alternative to the current ALP government? What's their main points of difference?

This coming from an undecided voter who takes little interest in state politics and voted Liberal at the last state election.
I don't like Andrews himself, but the current government has definitely been a positive for Victoria in my eyes and although I lean centre right I just don't see what positives there are for changing government.

In fact, all the Opposition does under Matthew Guy is whining and complaining about the Andrews Labor Government, when what they really should be doing is putting out alternative policies in regards to crime, major projects (ie Melbourne Metro Rail Tunnel) and industrial relations.

If Guy doesn't get a move on by February/March, maybe the Victorian Liberals should look at getting someone who could not only unify the Coalition, but also land hammer blows at the Labor government and put the Coalition into a realistic chance of regaining government in 2018.

Last edited:
Victoria police to be trained in dealing with family violence, youth crime

Hundreds of police will be specially trained to tackle family violence as part of a recruitment of nearly 2800 extra officers in Victoria.

The Labor government is boosting police numbers by 20 per cent over the next four years to combat rising crime. On Sunday, Premier Daniel Andrews conceded that some in the community no longer felt safe.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/v...ily-violence-youth-crime-20161204-gt3hx8.html

And Dan goes BOOM!

In fact, all the Opposition does under Matthew Guy is whining and complaining about the Andrews Labor Government, when what they really should be doing is putting out alternative policies in regards to crime, major projects (ie Melbourne Metro Rail Tunnel) and industrial relations.

If Guy doesn't get a move on by February/March, maybe the Victorian Liberals should look at getting someone who could not only unify the Coalition, but also land hammer blows at the Labor government and put the Coalition into a realistic chance of regaining government in 2018.

It's odd to not have heard much from the opposition leader in regards to alternate policies, maybe he/they are waiting until closer to the election.
Is it that he doesn't get enough air time on radio/tv or there really aren't any clear policies? Quite a way to go though until the next election.

It's odd to not have heard much from the opposition leader in regards to alternate policies, maybe he/they are waiting until closer to the election.
Is it that he doesn't get enough air time on radio/tv or there really aren't any clear policies? Quite a way to go though until the next election.

li rural

That's what my iPhone spell checked liberal into

Funny in itself but liberal policy is the wedge

If Daniel Andrews and his government gets off to a poor start in 2017 (ie youth crime rate goes even further up, major bushfires, no resolution to UFU/CFA issues etc) expect to see a leadership challenge from Jane Garrett by May-June next year. The Labor government backbenchers have every right to be nervous, especially with a state election looming.

Other than no station at sth yarra andrews has done ok. The only exception is the ridiculous cfa move to p off volunteers at bequest of the union thugs

Other than no station at sth yarra andrews has done ok. The only exception is the ridiculous cfa move to p off volunteers at bequest of the union thugs
You mean the CFA situation where the Volunteers Association has gotten in bed with the Liberals. The whole CFA debarcle is mostly an astroturfing campaign of the Liberals with generous help from the HUN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back