Opinion Howard and Frampton - discuss

Remove this Banner Ad

Can I like this post several hundred times? The only valid observations when comparing Frampton against Hawthorn (when he did in fact present and meet the ball quite well) with Howard against the Saints.

I would have loved to see Frampton and Howard work together up forward against both the Hawks and Saints.

nGYn1NH.gif

Frampton might be locked out of the side now unless injures happen.

Could see it being (in a few weeks time) Lycett in the ruck, Dixon, Howard, Ryder (fwd/ruck) forward, Hoff roaming.

Personally I'm fine with this. For me it was never 'play Frampton because Frampton is an amazing footballer' or anything like that, it was 'play Frampton because our forward line is too short'. If we can fix the forward line being too short without playing Frampton, that's fine too.

Personally I'm fine with this. For me it was never 'play Frampton because Frampton is an amazing footballer' or anything like that, it was 'play Frampton because our forward line is too short'. If we can fix the forward line being too short without playing Frampton, that's fine too.

What about 'play Frampton because we haven't developed a tall forward in forever' or 'play Frampton because rewarding form is the right thing to do

What about 'play Frampton because we haven't developed a tall forward in forever' or 'play Frampton because rewarding form is the right thing to do

In this scenario we're developing a more talented footballer in Howard as a tall forward instead, and Frampton's last game was pretty poor, so neither argument applies.

In this scenario we're developing a more talented footballer in Howard as a tall forward instead, and Frampton's last game was pretty poor, so neither argument applies.

I'm talking about the whole journey, not his most recent game.

Is this meant to be Howard now V Frampton or Howard's first 3 games Vs Frampton's first 3 games?

Frampton would've at the very least kicked 2 against the Saints with that delivery.

Nevertheless two of our biggest problems up forward are that it is too small and our smalls plays like talls.

Like if we have Sam Gray being the lone forward positioning himself like a tall forward and he has a tall backman on him, then I way rather it be Frampton there.

Of our smalls it's only Rozee and RGray that actually crumbs. The others are fake short tall forwards.

Do you reckon we'll keep Howard forward with Dixon back in the side?

I hope so but I'd be surprised if Howard spent any time forward that couldn't be described as a cameo if Dixon plays the season out in reasonable form.

As long as we've got one of Marshall, Frampton or Howard up there I'll be content that were actually developing someone, but the smart money is on Howard back to defence full time and Frampton and Marshall out of the side until we're mathematically ruled out of finals contention.

Do you reckon we'll keep Howard forward with Dixon back in the side?

I hope so but I'd be surprised if Howard spent any time forward that couldn't be described as a cameo if Dixon plays the season out in reasonable form.

As long as we've got one of Marshall, Frampton or Howard up there I'll be content that were actually developing someone, but the smart money is on Howard back to defence full time and Frampton and Marshall out of the side until we're mathematically ruled out of finals contention.

This is all a fair point, but that's why I specifically said 'in this scenario'. If Howard did go back into defence then yes, I would want Marshall or Frampton back in.

Yea I'm happy for Frampton to be KPF depth if everyone is up and about at this stage, I think Marshall is a better mix with Charlie if Dougal goes back to defense.
None of that is the problem it's the lack of foresight to blood Frampton when the opportunity was there it's so limiting "Charlie will be back soon" toasted sandwiches herp derp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back