Toast Howe and Grundy nominated for Mark of the Year 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

You just know that every non Collingwood supporter is going to vote for Daniher. (Which was a ripper tbf)

I actually like Grundy's more than Howes. I voted for both on different phones :D

You just know that every non Collingwood supporter is going to vote for Daniher. (Which was a ripper tbf)

I actually like Grundy's more than Howes. I voted for both on different phones :D
It's like the AFL wants Daniher to win... unusual for them to fix things. An incognito window works wonders.

It's like the AFL wants Daniher to win... unusual for them to fix things. An incognito window works wonders.
Clever of them to divide the Pies supporters up by putting up two players.

(Tinfoil hat. As I said, I think Grundy's deserves to be there.)

Last edited:

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Clever of them to divide the Pies supporters up by putting up two players.

(Tinfoil hat. As I said, I think Grundy's deserves to be there.)
Tinfoil? Nope.

There's some of that.

I actually think Howe had the best two marks and maybe even 3.

But NO way they were putting in all Collingwood, no way.

Really Howe good would it be if three Howe marks were to be chosen from.

Howe. He takes it on his chest, as always, while Grundy and Daniher are reaching for it. Then again it takes some effort to get the latter two big blokes airborne.

But still Howe. He makes it look elegant and effortless. He is a master aerialist.

Howe just makes it look so easy. I really like them all, but tbh I think Grundy's grab is the toughest and really does look the goods after watching again all these weeks after. Reading the flight and going sideways and slightly backwards is so much harder than a free fun and jump at the ball. Had an AA ruckman on him at the time just makes it that little better. Love his attitude to fly and win the ball and not focus on what his opposite number was doing.

Really does make you wonder why two pies players are in (tin foil hat firmly on)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fonzeno1

Team Captain
Apr 19, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Howe easily for me the other two are great but Howes is an all time great. FWIW i think howes round 23 mark is better than grundy and danihers aswell.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man. U, Chicago Bulls, Ολυμπιακός
I'm still not seeing what was so special about Daniher's?

Are people being fooled by his height making it look more "spectacular" than it actually is?

Howe >>> Grundy >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Daniher

Fonzeno1

Team Captain
Apr 19, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just looking back, how is Grundy's Mark even eligible? He didn't even win the mark of the week, Cripps got it that week :eek:
Apologies apex on further investigation (probly shoulda done that first) it was cripps. Daniher won mark of the week on fox footys comp in round 14. So grundy didn't get mark of the week for either. Was easily mark of the week though.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
I like Grundy's the best for similar reason to why I like Kraks over Walkers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back