Toast Howe free to play - VFL report thrown out

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you trying to imply that Gault spent time on the ground in the first half? Christ, all you have to do is look at the game day thread to see he didn't come on till the third quarter. I'm not the one spinning crap here sunshine, you're the one trying to use a NAB game with an 8 man bench as an example of using four rucks together.

But yes, I'm the one who's trying to feel better about myself... Get off your high horse. It was a s**t example.

What part of "I made a simple observation" do you fail to grasp. I wasn't advocating we play 4, it's you that has fabricated this argument based on absolutely nothing as you seem to delight in doing. As I've repeatedly stated, we played 4 rucks, true or false?

What actually were Howe's stats on the weekend? Curious to see if his possible selection is warranted

We need to get away from this tendency to look at practice match form. It fooled us with Gault and we must never let it happen again.

What part of "I made a simple observation" do you fail to grasp. I wasn't advocating we play 4, it's you that has fabricated this argument based on absolutely nothing as you seem to delight in doing. As I've repeatedly stated, we played 4 rucks, true or false?
In an actual game with a standard bench, false. And I never said you advocated it, I said it was simply a poor example given that NAB is played with a 26 man squad, and that at least one of those players was on the bench for 50% or more of the game. You're the one who took offense and started this BS about me having no facts blah blah blah, then got personal and then tried to make out as if I'm the one being immature.

Seriously, get over yourself.

We need to get away from this tendency to look at practice match form. It fooled us with Gault and we must never let it happen again.
Yeah that is true but at least Howe has some credits in his favour, his actually proven to be a handy player at AFL level before, Gault is yet to 'break out'.. Hopefully he actually does one day

Yeah that is true but at least Howe has some credits in his favour, his actually proven to be a handy player at AFL level before, Gault is yet to 'break out'.. Hopefully he actually does one day

If Howe is fit enough I would be happy for him to come in. Wouldn't mind seeing The Sack get a run too.

Are you really comparing an unknown quantity in Gault to a proven AFL performer in Howe in regards to practice match form???

I played it recently. My dam pooh stick was slower than Langdon.

The pooh stick is slow but the river is patient.

Are you really comparing an unknown quantity in Gault to a proven AFL performer in Howe in regards to practice match form???

Sure, I like to live dangerously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In an actual game with a standard bench, false. And I never said you advocated it, I said it was simply a poor example given that NAB is played with a 26 man squad, and that at least one of those players was on the bench for 50% or more of the game. You're the one who took offense and started this BS about me having no facts blah blah blah, then got personal and then tried to make out as if I'm the one being immature.

Seriously, get over yourself.

There wasn't a 3rd option, don't try to wriggle out of it. We played 4 rucks, true or false?

He'll be good vs Saints. Moore's the number 1 threat, Fasolo second, Cloke third and Howe comes in for Gault or Caff whatever and will be good to get his confidence up.

He'll be good vs Saints. Moore's the number 1 threat, Fasolo second, Cloke third and Howe comes in for Gault or Caff whatever and will be good to get his confidence up.

I agree he gets a run in the seniors before he plays his old team the following week.

Gault had his chance last week IMO he needs to go back to the VFL and smash it before he gets another look in.

I agree he gets a run in the seniors before he plays his old team the following week.

Gault had his chance last week IMO he needs to go back to the VFL and smash it before he gets another look in.
No one talks about this but Gaults a confidence player same of Cloke. He needs to get that first grab and he just gets going

No one talks about this but Gaults a confidence player same of Cloke. He needs to get that first grab and he just gets going

You don't need confidence at 199cm to kick from 50 metres........either you can or you can't.

I will be very surprised if he holds his place this week.

At this time of the year practice match form is as much as we can draw on so if players are getting dropped from the seniors, it has to be either someone from the VFL practice game or a returning senior like Varcoe.

And not everyone was seduced by Gault's early season form but in hind sight there were actually few options. 2 of Witts, Grundy, Gault or White had to play or we're allowing Moore to get smashed in the ruck.

You don't need confidence at 199cm to kick from 50 metres........either you can or you can't.

I will be very surprised if he holds his place this week.

Very surprised he didn't nail those, 50 is about his range but he would normally do better than that based on VFL performances.

There wasn't a 3rd option, don't try to wriggle out of it. We played 4 rucks, true or false?
In a NAB game. Which is completely irrelevant in the context of a senior game which is what people were talking about in the first place, and what my original point was before you threw your hissy fit.

In a NAB game. Which is completely irrelevant in the context of a senior game which is what people were talking about in the first place, and what my original point was before you threw your hissy fit.

I'll take that as "TRUE". As I've said, only indisputable fact in the whole discussion. We played 4x rucks in that game.

Irrelevant that it's a NAB game to the point I was making which was in response to doubt expressed toward the potential to play 2 rucks. Reality is every team plays at least 2 rucks every week be they 2x genuine ruckmen or 1x genuine ruckman and 1x part timer. Deliberately chose an extreme example (so it is hardly a poor example or any of the other lovely descriptors you chose to use, it was the only 1 that came easily to mind) to make the point. But you had to go and make it a pissing contest to feed your own ego.

You occasionally make some well reasoned and argued points and clearly have a good understanding of footy but your value to me as a participant on this forum is fast being overwhelmed by your compulsive need to attack fellow posters to try and prove you're superior.

All of a sudden we have a pretty good forward line when everyone's fit. It's not the best of the best, but it will function just as well as any, due to Fasolo being a major threat. If defenders start paying him more attention, it frees Cloke up more... which then leaves someone like Moore or Elliott with little to no attention, then there's Howe. Teams will need depth in their backlines to be able to handle us - providing our midfield can get first hands on ball of course!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back