Toast Howe free to play - VFL report thrown out

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would we ignore Practice match form, but consider VFL form?

It's VFL practice matches, our first real VFL game is this Sunday v Port

I'll take that as "TRUE". As I've said, only indisputable fact in the whole discussion. We played 4x rucks in that game.

Irrelevant that it's a NAB game to the point I was making which was in response to doubt expressed toward the potential to play 2 rucks. Reality is every team plays at least 2 rucks every week be they 2x genuine ruckmen or 1x genuine ruckman and 1x part timer. Deliberately chose an extreme example (so it is hardly a poor example or any of the other lovely descriptors you chose to use, it was the only 1 that came easily to mind) to make the point. But you had to go and make it a pissing contest to feed your own ego.

You occasionally make some well reasoned and argued points and clearly have a good understanding of footy but your value to me as a participant on this forum is fast being overwhelmed by your compulsive need to attack fellow posters to try and prove you're superior.
Attack? As far as I can tell, the initial attacking was done by yourself. I simply responded in kind after you got shitty when I pointed out your poor (or in your words, extreme) example. To be honest, I couldn't give two shits about whether you value me as a participant on this forum or not. I don't post here for likes, I post here to discuss footy, and if I disagree with you or anyone else I'll keep feeling free to respond how I see fit. It's not a pissing contest, and has nothing to do with my ego. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're somehow trying to bignote themselves. Get over yourself.

You're more than welcome to ignore me if my posts upset you so much. As a side note, it's pretty hillarious that you point out my need to feel 'superior', when you're one of the biggest culprits on this very forum of that exact thing.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Why would we ignore Practice match form, but consider VFL form?

I think VFL form is slightly better than practice match form. Of course it is dependent on each individual player. For example, in the case of Howe he may be selected for the seniors on the basis of his fitness rather than form because of his experience at the top level. In the case of a player like Wills they may want to see him produce over an extended period in the VFL.

Given the performance of Gault in the seniors I think it reasonable to conclude that his form in the practice matches was overrated by the club.

Attack? As far as I can tell, the initial attacking was done by yourself. I simply responded in kind after you got shitty when I pointed out your poor (or in your words, extreme) example. To be honest, I couldn't give two shits about whether you value me as a participant on this forum or not. I don't post here for likes, I post here to discuss footy, and if I disagree with you or anyone else I'll keep feeling free to respond how I see fit. It's not a pissing contest, and has nothing to do with my ego. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're somehow trying to ignore themselves. Get over yourself.

You're more than welcome to ignore me if my posts upset you so much. As a side note, it's pretty hillarious that you point out my need to feel 'superior', when you're one of the biggest culprits on this very forum of that exact thing.

Whatever, you're seriously just not worth the effort...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back