How's ya lid etc?

Remove this Banner Ad

Put it this way, if it were September and we'd made the finals NOW......I'd be very excited.
But it isnt and come end of season......this playing group has wasted another season.
Its going to be a hard slog.....we have to win 6 of the last 8 to make it.
It depends on a lot of things but going by last year it would be 7.

If we make it we'll do damage.

If we don't it's gonna burn.

I think 6 will do it but I can't see us beating Geelong or West Coast away and Brisbane away is a stretch so yeah unless we can win 2 of these 3 then it will be all for nothing.

It's bloody nice supporting a team that is leaving nothing on the field at the moment (win, lose or draw).

Just curious: Who else is walking around at the moment like they were just in a bit of a dustup with Chuck Norris and Superman - but decided to take it easy on them when they realised how hopelessly outclassed they were and begged for mercy?
Yeah thanks for that RoyalBlue :stern look

Play like this every week as an established brand of football the fans can get behind, the comp can recognise and north can thrive on then I don't care if its win, lose or draw, we're having a hard crack at it giving it 100%.

Good thing is so far its a winning brand of footy.
You know you’re playing a good brand of footy when opposition supporters are loving it too.

Last edited:
You know you’re playing a good brand of footy when opposition supporter are loving it too.

It's nostalgic.

This is resonating with people who have had a gut-full of the game being hijacked by corporate and social interests.

Don't worry, someone will get knocked out and the Disney people will swing in to overdrive demanding that the rules should be altered again.

This is resonating with people who have had a gut-full of the game being hijacked by corporate and social interests.

Not everything is a front in your culture war, Tef.

For me, it’s great watching the team being on the front foot all the time. I can handle a loss, knowing that the players have done everything possible to win. As in the GWS game. Of course, the only outstanding frustration is yips in front of goal. However, every team encounters that from time to time.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Given our draw, even winning 5-6 is going to be extremely hard. We have WC in Perth, Brisbane at the Gabba, Geelong in Geelong, not to mention 8 point games against Essendon and Port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given our draw, even winning 5-6 is going to be extremely hard. We have WC in Perth, Brisbane at the Gabba, Geelong in Geelong, not to mention 8 point games against Essendon and Port.

My worry about the rest of the season has less to do with who or where we play. The 2 questions I have are

How consistent can we be?
How much does this style of play wear us down?

Finals are a longshot, they have been since half time round 1.

Itd be amazing if we make it but I'm not going to be losing sleep if we don't.

If we can answer my questions with:

Effort is not negotiable.
We have a sustainable style.

Finals or no finals the club is reborn.

My worry about the rest of the season has less to do with who or where we play. The 2 questions I have are

How consistent can we be?
How much does this style of play wear us down?

Finals are a longshot, they have been since half time round 1.

Itd be amazing if we make it but I'm not going to be losing sleep if we don't.

If we can answer my questions with:

Effort is not negotiable.
We have a sustainable style.

Finals or no finals the club is reborn.
Agree with all that. But as GWS game showed, effort and hardness won't win us every game necessarily, and to beat West Coast in Perth, Brisbane in Brisbane and Geelong in Geelong, we will need a lot of things to fall into place, even if the effort and consistency is there.

Agree with all that. But as GWS game showed, effort and hardness won't win us every game necessarily, and to beat West Coast in Perth, Brisbane in Brisbane and Geelong in Geelong, we will need a lot of things to fall into place, even if the effort and consistency is there.
No doubt.

We appear to have uncovered a key to how we want to play. It becomes about what layers we can add while maintaining the core of hardness.

To beat these side especially at home we need hardness, unpredictability and finish.

We're not anywhere near the third element there yet.

If we were we'd have beaten the pies by 15 goals.

ray.jpg
"Let me see if I can assist...

... the AFL marketing department with promotion of the plastic franchise"

Even though we lost against GWS, I was still pretty happy with how we played, the pressure wasn't as good as it was this week, but I think all we have ever asked was for the club to have a crack each week.

Winning is great, but it isn't everything. How you go about it is probably more important, as is what kind of impression you leave on the opposition and general public. Teams who were penciling in us as win and looking forward to us early in the year aren't really looking forward to fronting us now and it is the same group of players.

There is a level or respect and pride that was sadly lacking before. Our challenge is to be able to bring it consistently and moving forward looking at what makes us so poor early in the year. We can't shoot ourselves in the foot every year like we have been. When you beat teams like Richmond, Collingwood and Crows you should be a team that is looking to secure a top 4 spot on the ladder, not struggling in no-mans land with a percentage under 100%.

The important thing is we continue to move forward, not get comfortable with what we have achieved and slacken off. Consistency of effort has always been our greatest weakness.

We've won against teams not expected to.

This is a game we simply have to win.

Scott lost his career with Swans obscene loss.

Good test for Shaw and leadership group.

On my ladder predictor we can actually get in with 11 wins - 12 wins we are certainly in and probably 7th on the ladder.

All the games outside WC and Geelong are very winnable (including Brisbane) and those against WC and Geelong we are still some chance given no further injuries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back