HowSTAT! website.

Remove this Banner Ad

South Australians of a certain vintage would remember bent cop Colin Creed. I Googled his name today to see what became of him, and was shocked to find he runs stats website HowSTAT!.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...c/news-story/7a5f9f1ee105e40c4d6943b4d1189d33
ONCE one of Australia’s most wanted men, former rogue cop Colin Creed is no longer on a sticky wicket.
The Sunday Mail can now reveal the man who spent 12 years behind bars for armed robbery and rape has quietly rebuilt his life as a cricket statistician whose services are acclaimed worldwide.

The 65-year-old, who lives a reclusive life in Adelaide’s southern suburbs, is operating cricketing website Howstat, which receives thousands of hits each day from enthusiasts and is believed to earn more than $5000 a week.

The man helping Creed in the venture is convicted fraudster Brian Stewart Winzor.

They shared a cell at Murray Bridge’s Mobilong prison.

Would be a dream job for a retired senior citizen who loves cricket, probably a lot of old cricket tragics who have done similar for free just for their own amusement

Wow, that's amazing.

I use Howstat constantly, in fact even though it doesn't have the bells and whistles that Cricinfo has I prefer using it. Cricinfo is almost too elaborate for its own good in terms of stats documentation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back