HR and Recruiment

magpie_marty

All Australian
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thread starter #1
Just wondering peoples views of an industry that Australia rarely had,
How qualified is a HR Person?
And if so how can him or she have experience in the job applicants abilities?
My guess is NO,
Do they go straight from high school and the the big wide world of university and become experts?
Can a person read a resume in 30 second's and decide that a person is suited to a job or even an interview?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Geelong
I personally think that the boss should be the one making the final decision.

HR can choose someone, but the manager has to work with him or her, so they should get the ultimate say in who gets hired.

I applied for a job, and the manager loved me. However, all hiring goes through Head Office, and I didn't get the job, whereas I would have if the person who would be my manager could hire me.

Gigantic

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Liverpool, Phoenix Suns
I personally think that the boss should be the one making the final decision.

HR can choose someone, but the manager has to work with him or her, so they should get the ultimate say in who gets hired.

I applied for a job, and the manager loved me. However, all hiring goes through Head Office, and I didn't get the job, whereas I would have if the person who would be my manager could hire me.
Any responsible workplace should be doing this. They need to know what type of person they're going to be working with.

I went through four stages to get my last job: online application, phone interview, face-to-face with HR and then final interview with a partner/director.

_Swoon

Coriander Enthusiast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
If you're not getting traction with your job applications and don't seem to be getting to the interview stage, the problem is more than likely with you and not HR. While you might think that you have the abilities and you deserve an interview etc. etc., you're only one of potentially one hundred other applicants who also think they're shit hot and management simply doesn't have time to interview everybody. Not getting an interview means your competition have a better resume, sold themselves better in their cover letter or have some sort of inside contact with the company. It sucks, but there's nothing to be gained by lashing out at the people who read your resume so just come to peace with the process.

Top Bottom