HS top 20 of the modern era - 1987 onwards !!

Remove this Banner Ad

The Blue Baggers

Premiership Player
Apr 7, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Predictions

1. S.Kernahan
2. C.Bradley
3. S.Silvagni
4. G.Williams
5. C.Judd
6. Kouta
7. P.Cripps
8. K.Simpson
9. P.Dean
10. J.Madden
11. W.Johnston - would be higher if pre 87 included
12. B.Ratten
13. A.McKay
14. B.Fevola
15. M.Murphy
16. S.Docherty
17. E.Betts
18. E.Curnow
19. F.Brown
20. S.Camporeale

Last edited:
Can't wait for post #87 on this thread.

Better be something special since you flagged it in the thread title ...

No love for Michael Sexton.....
Saw him deliberately targeted for concussion in a Herald Sun Shield match when he was in high school, he was already that good.

Only lasted one contest in that game.

Reckon Sexton was one of the last U/19 graduates, and when he first started in the seniors we were on the coaching merry go round and hadn’t played finals in a few years.

Essentially he didn’t walk into a star studded side, Parko made him one of the keys in the rebuild.

He gave up inches and kilos against some genuine monsters, and was a rubber stamp Chb pick for 10 years as the team moved into a successful era.

Might have been AA once or twice.

Last edited:
who comes out & where ?

Is this a team selection? I thought by the title it was the top 20 players from this period.

I'd have Rhys-Jones as part of my top 20 for starters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking through the B&F winners from every year since 87:
Kernahan, Bradley, Silvagni, Williams, Madden, Ratten, Brown, Allan, Camporeale, Koutafides, McKernan, McKay, Teague, Whitnall, Carrazzo, Judd, Murphy, Gibbs, Scotland, Simpson, Cripps, Docherty
Thats 22 players and its easy to strike out one - McKernan. The rest I can make a case for. Maybe a player who ends at another club is ineligible (Camporeale, Allan, Gibbs). Minimum Carlton games required - say 150 - knocks out Teague, Williams, Cripps, Docherty, Judd....that doesnt feel right

wayne Johnston played for another 2-3 years at most after 87 and was struggling in his last year or so. wonderful footballer but we are talking 87 onwards.

fair enough but we have only won 2 premierships in this era and he was still at his best in 87 !!

Kernahan, Bradley, Silvagni, Williams, Madden, Ratten, Brown, Allan, Camporeale, Koutafides, McKernan, McKay, Teague, Whitnall, Carrazzo, Judd, Murphy, Gibbs, Scotland, Simpson, Cripps, Docherty
Thats 22 players and its easy to strike out one - McKernan. The rest I can make a case for. Maybe a player who ends at another club is ineligible (Camporeale, Allan, Gibbs). Minimum Carlton games required - say 150 - knocks out Teague, Williams, Cripps, Docherty, Judd....that doesnt feel right

There's at least 6 players in that list of B&F winners that I wouldn't consider top 20.

Campo, Gibbs, Allan, McKernan, Teague, Carrazzo.

There are a few others I would consider borderline.

There's at least 6 players in that list of B&F winners that I wouldn't consider top 20.

Campo, Gibbs, Allan, McKernan, Teague, Carrazzo.

There are a few others I would consider borderline.
Also, unfortunately I think you have to pick between Fev and big Red and whilst Fev's career didnt end well with us, he was still the superior player....7 time leading goalkicker, 2 time coleman

Teague and McKernan only had 1 good year each.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back