Autopsy Hubba Hubba, Blues blast the Dogs on the Coast

Who do you think played a good game for the Blues v the Dogs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Cripps and doc weren’t themselves, Charlie our best forward wasn’t playing. Marchy not playing. Fish not playing. Imagine when we get papley! The boys have finally done it. It’s been a long time but it’s finally here

I'm not sure who he replaces in our best 22.

You should post that on the Crows board lol
Funny how all the criticism was on Carlton and Eddie and support for Adelaides decision because Eddie was done. Now suddenly it's looking like a bad move by Adelaide and Eddie still has enough to give to Blues for at least this year.

Man I wish we’d beaten Melbourne

We did.........sort of, but not on the scoreboard.

Trying to be objective here, but I feel we were the better team against Melbourne, Essendon, Geelong and Dogs.

No shame in losing the opening game against Richmond, even for the start we gave them but we were never really in it against St.Kilda.
They were simply better on the day, but it sems we took some lessons from that game....so not a total loss.

For all the stuff said and written about this win I reckon the key is WE ACTUALLY KICKED THE BALL PROPERLY. I said to my son when H was lining up for that first goal - he's 50/50 at best, but wouldn't it be great if he actually kicked one for once. So he nails it. Ed nails his (who played a great game by they way). Martin nails his (class), Eddie, Levi etc. Make such a difference when you get rewarded for hard work. The only dumb thing I can think off during the whole game was Murph running into the open goal and neither kicking it or handballing over to our spare in the square. Instead he gets smothered., Normally I can count 6-10 dumb things we do every game. Really that was the only one last night. Like the Geelong game in the first half - when we actually execute the game like professional footballers should, we are not a terrible side.
And great to win with Crippa doing anything again.

EcuLCqAUYAEn9Lu

😀😀😀

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alas I was unable to watch the game, but thrilled with the result. Shocked, too. To see Cripps, Doc, Murph, Simmo and co at the bottom of the stats and the Blues to ruin the Dogs by 8-9 goals is... not what I would have expected! Probably a very good sign!

Funny how all the criticism was on Carlton and Eddie and support for Adelaides decision because Eddie was done. Now suddenly it's looking like a bad move by Adelaide and Eddie still has enough to give to Blues for at least this year.

Nah, Adelaide did the right thing for footy in general. Eddie needed to get out of, what for him at least was, an unenjoyable atmosphere.

This is what he's capable of when he is happy in his game and environment and I reckon that is enjoyable for all footy fans.

I hope you twitter folks are giving to him

I want us to fire at Kane Cornes with both barrels on Twitter if we beat Port this week.

Least King admitted he was wrong later, but Kornes is a textbook Richard Cranium, who never backs down and blocks you on Twitter if you dare try prove him wrong.

wow best 4 quarter effort we've had in a long, long time.

kennedy - could he be the mid we're crying out for to help out cripps? glided across the ground yesterday, clean as hell.

interesting..
We shouldn't underestimate the value of Luke Power and Daniel O'keefe.

Okay I haven't posted my thoughts on the game but all I can really say is how stoked I was to watch a WHOLE OF TEAM effort.

No passengers and the best I've seen us play for years.

I'm a tad biased in this (I do come from Wagga Wagga) but I was particularly happy to see Matty Kennedy show us all what he is capable of. Real credit to him as it must be disappointing to have sat on the sidelines for the first five games when he was obviously knocking the door down. Keep it up young man.

One more observation. In such a great all round performance I loved what Ed Curnow brought to the table. Very few in footy put in so hard as this guy week after week.

Back