Autopsy Hubba Hubba, Blues blast the Dogs on the Coast

Who do you think played a good game for the Blues v the Dogs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watching 1st quarter.
Dwayne goes off on rant about Smith being 6 months younger than Walsh. Walsh already 20 and Smith still 19, will be 20 in December.
Then he says, might not seem much, but when you are 18, it means a great deal.
šŸ¤£
Wut?

Dwayne goes off on rant about Smith being 6 months younger than Walsh. Walsh already 20 and Smith still 19, will be 20 in December.
šŸ¤£
Wut?
I know, he was pissing me off with his Smith rantIng. I mean the Smith kidā€˜s ok,but heā€™s no Walsh; and I think his hair style is awful

šŸ¤£
Wut?
Funnily enough, if you check the bulldogs thread, they are all bagging the commentary saying they were pumping us up. I really think people get too offended and take things the commentators say too personally lol

One thing I noticed this game, and this is something I've been critical of, is that SPS took the game on a few times. Dangerous kicks inside and even hit a 35m pass to Micky G inside 50.

I've been very vocal on here saying he plays it way too safe with lots 15-20m passes to nothing of value. But last night was exactly what I want to see from him, aggressively attacked the ball on the ground and in the air, ran and carried, hit more dangerous targets and even hit a long pass or 2. By some margin the best game he's played this year, and probably his best since the Dogs last year.

Something about the Bulldogs really brings out the best in him. Keep it going now!
Heā€™s the third ranked small defenders in the afl in 2020 for a reason. A lot of his work goes unnoticed but not by champion data.

Loved Setterfield's game. Kennedy rock solid. Both so important for where we're at.

one thing thatā€™s really noticeable right now is guys like that having a role to play and executing. No one is there to ā€˜get experienceā€™ - they are doing a job and it all adds up to better football.

Walsh, for example, is playing in the wing. Last year he played inside mid and racked up a record number of touches but the team lost. Now heā€™s making an arguably morevaluable contribution by doing less

Or Cuningham -3 weeks ago he was the bees knees in the midfield. Last night he was a role player up forward. Martin has gone mid, forward, hybrid. Murphy starts games as a forward then goes mid in the last quarter. Curnow plays a variety of defensive roles depending on the week or match.

Everyone has a purpose AND it is flexible week to week (and even quarter to quarter). Iā€™m excited by that more than anything else Iā€™ve seen...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So impressed with a solid 4 quarter performance, a performance where our best player, was in the bottom 5 players, our second best player in a similar boat, but we had a really good spread of contributors.

I was very happy with Govs game, mostly that he provided a target for the players coming out of defence, 5 marks, 2 goals, is a really good example of the player he can be, hopefully he continues to improve as our side improves.

Mathew Kennedy had a really good first game back, he hasnā€™t played in a long time which would have been hard, especially coming off no VFL, his work rate outside of the stoppages was really good, hopefully he stays fit and can show us what heā€™s capable of.

Great to see the forward line functioning really well, Martin and Betts providing a target and being dangerous, Harry, Levi and Gov all getting involved, marking and kicking goals. Those three really made a contest and allowed others to feed off them.

Setterfield had another steady game, building his ball winning ability and is building consistency.

To have such a good win when Murph, Simmo, Doch and Cripps were all underwhelming, is huge, if anyone of them is carrying an injury, rest them, give them a break, bring in one of the kids.

Honourable mention to Ed and Gibbons, thought Gibbo was great, still lots of improvement left in him too.

That draft WILL go down as the best EVER.Players 1-7 all potential 300 game players,BNF winners and Brownlow medallistā€™s.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
For sure. The hype before the draft, when most of teenagers, I'd yet to see beyond just a few video highlights, was there was about ten or so players that in any normal draft year could easily be number one pick. For mine it has more than lived up to the hype.
Nick Blakey taken at about pick 10 is easily good enough to be a number one pick many other draft years.

I know, he was pissing me off with his Smith rantIng. I mean the Smith kidā€˜s ok,but heā€™s no Walsh; and I think his hair style is awful
Look, I think we could find a spot for Smith but with such a dazzlingly handsome team we are gonna need to do some serious zhouzzing.
I'm talking Miss Congeniality and Michael Caine type makeover here.

Last edited:
Funnily enough, if you check the bulldogs thread, they are all bagging the commentary saying they were pumping us up. I really think people get too offended and take things the commentators say too personally lol
I know I do!! :D

if I may body shame for one moment - fair bit of bubble wrap around the package just quietly...........

Stringer couldn't stay in shape during lockdown as school playgrounds were closed...

Here's a tip. Team plays well, gets talked up. Team plays badly, gets panned.

The reason many of us think the media hates us is because we have been s**t for a long time. So we get bagged a lot. What else is the media going to do? You want them to do research and offer insight beyond the scoreboard/ladder? Shame on you, you should know better.

Improve on-field and all the media will get on the bandwagon. Simples.

When we are 5 goals up and piling on the pressure, of course the commentators need to start pumping us up. They would look and sound even more stupid if they kept barracking for the team getting smashed.

We ran the dogs ragged. They were having trouble keeping up with us. Noticed in most of our matches this year. We seem to be fitter as a group.
Big kudos to Russel and the conditioning team. Oppo teams can probably be thankful that we are only playing 16 min quarters

I swear we were the least fit team (or close to) for years before Russell joined.

I don't think our team was as professional as it should have been and it cost us goals in red time and ultimately cost us matches.

The improvement in fitness in the last 18 months has been insane. From one of the least fit to one of the best methinks.

Back