Autopsy Hubba Hubba, Blues blast the Dogs on the Coast

Who do you think played a good game for the Blues v the Dogs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Papley will be a terrific addition.Ollie Wines could be handy in the middle.
How good does SOS look now .The list is maturing nicely.
A finish around the eight this year.
A few tweaks to the list and next year a good go for top four.
2 poor performing decades is now history.
It’s good too be genuinely excited and confident with the style of footy we are beginning to play... SOS has done a magnificent job he deserves a lot of credit, Teaguey Russell along with the other developing and assistant coaches have a great platform to work off... Papley would be a massive pickup I’m not so big on Wines i think we have that part of our list already covered 👍

Does anyone get the feeling that Beveridge was a bit salty with this loss. 3 Dogs got votes in a 50 point loss.

Can't see how any of the Dogs played well enough to get a vote let alone BOG
In every other game only one got a vote. I think Teague voted for Keath though.

I have to shamefully admit, about half way through the third quarter i expected the bullys to come back and we'd get over run, another gallant loss. But was super pumped we kept going then crushed them...
I'm glad we are building our own brand of footy, i.e fast kicking game, kicking to tall forwards. Not trying to match what Richmond, hawthorn or what ever the flavour of the month is, are doing.
I thought the momentum changer was when Murphy didn't convert when he was running into an open goal. Happy to see us really respond when the Dogs challenged.

I swear we were the least fit team (or close to) for years before Russell joined.

I don't think our team was as professional as it should have been and it cost us goals in red time and ultimately cost us matches.

The improvement in fitness in the last 18 months has been insane. From one of the least fit to one of the best methinks.
Added two of our three best runners last year in Walsh & Gibbons too though

There have been rumblings about the Dog's off field stuff pretty much since 2016. Considering Bevo built that culture in 2016, he'd be fairly close to its source.

And while I've not had much to do with Bevo ever, he does like a drink and a bunch of blokes being blokes, with all that entails.
What was surprising was a few players left after they won the GF. I've heard the culture there isn't that great either.

I think there are alot of people who would say the same.

I said after round 1 that he’s already our second best player. He’s closing in on Cripps rapidly now. He just does everything so well. Such a rare combination of toughness, skill, athleticism and smarts. So happy we’ll get to watch him play for us for the next 7-8 seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Anyone know whether we've ever played a home game outside of Victoria before last night? did some looking around and couldn't find anything but i could be wrong.
Unsure if anyone has answered for you but we sold a home game to the GC against Freo and lost.
Iirc this was just before GC came into the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coaches' Votes

8 - Jack Martin (CARL)
5 - Ed Curnow (CARL)
5 -
Jack Macrae (WB)
4 - Eddie Betts (CARL)
3 -
Alex Keath (WB)
2 - Harrison McKay (CARL)
2 - Michael Gibbons (CARL)
1 -
Bailey Smith (WB)
I read somewhere ,live app I think it was ,they had setters as our best and not even in the votes..

Smith had 7 kicks after half time thanks to Ed putting the clamps on him .

I'm fighting the urge rising within me to have a go, so I'll do my best to take what you're saying here at face value: our concerns on Dow's size and his kicking skills come from the second season he played, which he entered into without a preseason, playing as the sole support to Cripps in the middle of the ground, as a 19 year old. He's 20 now, and has yet to have kicked a football in anger this year.

This is a case of pessimism coupled with out of sight, out of mind. He was trending poorly because the change in coach saw him removed from his natural position to one he had no experience in, not because he was lacking effort, dropping his head or 'going backwards'. His kicking can be explained by the fact that he was stuffed every time he earned his own ball and broke free enough to kick it; he had no preseason in 2019. Yes, he's not a naturally great kick, but what's contributed to how poor his kicking has been is his lack of fitness.

So, I'll ask you - politely - to reconsider your analysis.
Wonderfully explained...

first 3 minutes of this vid, virulent anti-carlton game analyst matthew lloyd suggests we played as good a game as he has seen this year - such bias......

the clip on the hawks game toward the end is telling........

I like Lloyd as a footy personality.
He s**t me to no end on the field but Alot of that was the diving and the massive red stripe on his Jersey.

Edit: You always pick the most bizzare hills to die on.

lloyd and lucas used to terrify me to be brutally honest............I still don't recall lucas ever missing after reeling onto that laser left of his...........

Imo Bevo has a bit of unconventional genius about his coaching. A bit like Malcolm Blight, which is funny because their onfield genius was pretty far apart lol. Kenny Hinkley a bit the same. Bomber too.

When it goes right it really goes right, but it can also go off the rails a bit.

Bevo scored the Bullies their 2nd ever flag. He is a genius forever in the hearts of Bullies fans. And imo a coach to be respected.
Yeah. Got a paddlin' last night though.

lloyd and lucas used to terrify me to be brutally honest............I still don't recall lucas ever missing after reeling onto that laser left of his...........
Good team the Bombres had in the very late 90s.

I'm glad they only came away with on flag

Good team the Bombres had in the very late 90s.

I'm glad they only came away with on flag
that team seriously under-performed.........

Back