Hubs and the re-start

Remove this Banner Ad

Ralphyboy

All Australian
May 25, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Lot's of discussion regarding the use of hubs to re-start. Also lot's of views about the attitude of senior players to entering the hubs. Given my links to one of the Rookies I was dismayed to learn only 32 players go in to the hubs. Obviously I want them to go ahead!

Ultimately the players have to be comfortable with the arrangements before the season can re-start... without them, there is no game.

I don’t think there’s sufficient buy in from the players and coaches for the hub idea to work. It would need to be close to unanimous but at this stage too many have expressed doubts.
Haven't followed it closely but is it been doubted by the same mob that want to increase player game, lower their game time and make the world revolve around them?

I support any move that f*@ks with the Richmond and Tuggerland fans

They can play with those plastic bubble things around them for all I care, I JUST WANT FOOTY BACK!!!!!

Are you talking about a zorb ball? I hope you are. I went in a zorb ball in January. Now I am 24, but I s**t you not it was the most fun thing I have ever done in my life. It was over in like two minutes but **** you just get thrown around and at various points you think "was that my neck that just broke?" But you don't care because you're having so much fun and just crying tears of laughter the whole time. I'm claustrophobic and yet I could live in a zorb ball and roll around in it all day every day. They are the best!!!!

Edit: sorry for the off-topic rant. I just ******* love zorbs!!!!!

Are you talking about a zorb ball? I hope you are. I went in a zorb ball in January. Now I am 24, but I s**t you not it was the most fun thing I have ever done in my life. It was over in like two minutes but **** you just get thrown around and at various points you think "was that my neck that just broke?" But you don't care because you're having so much fun and just crying tears of laughter the whole time. I'm claustrophobic and yet I could live in a zorb ball and roll around in it all day every day. They are the best!!!!

That's exactly what I was talking about, tongue firmly in cheek of course but I'm going nuts with no footy!
Yes I went in a zorb ball a couple of years ago at Rotarua in NZ and I reckon it was pretty close to the most fun I've had too, and I'm a couple of years older than 24!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate if playing with a ball is the most fun you’ve ever had in your life you need to get out more ......well when restrictions are eased that is lol I can think of about 6 things that are way more fun and that’s only in one category

Starting to think 2020 could just be a huge headache and a waste of time to make a season happen, there is to many obstacles still to overcome.

My thoughts too. I think just write the year off and get everything right for 2021, where hopefully everything is relatively back to normal.

Mate if playing with a ball is the most fun you’ve ever had in your life you need to get out more ......well when restrictions are eased that is lol I can think of about 6 things that are way more fun and that’s only in one category

As Jewelsy said, don't knock it til you try it!

Also, you don't play with the zorb ball. You are the zorb ball! Everywhere the zorb ball goes, you go. It's so ******* good!!!

As Jewelsy said, don't knock it til you try it!

Also, you don't play with the zorb ball. You are the zorb ball! Everywhere the zorb ball goes, you go. It's so ******* good!!!

I’ll check out a video. Doesn’t sound at all good for my knees lol

Addendum: a soccer game whilst players are in a bubble. played soccer for 30 years so ok does look fun. I wouldn’t be able to get back up if someone knocked me over

Last edited:
I’ll check out a video. Doesn’t sound at all good for my knees lol

Addendum: a soccer game whilst players are in a bubble. played soccer for 30 years so ok does look fun. I wouldn’t be able to get back up if someone knocked me over

Zorb balls are a much safer version of cheese wheel races. I did one of those in Glasgow and it was mental. Plus you look like a ******* idiot chasing after this cheese wheel while you tumble down a hill head first and your limbs are flying every which way. Would not recommend if you have vulnerable knees!

But zorbs I cannot recommend enough!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back