Hubs and the re-start

Remove this Banner Ad

So a contact sport but you have to sit 1.5 away from each on the bench

No drama

It's all about reducing unnecessary contact and minimising contact across the board.

The sport requires contact to function (essential) but sitting down and singing is not essential so its reducing unnecessary contact.

Semantics but there is reason behind it

It's all about reducing unnecessary contact and minimising contact across the board.

The sport requires contact to function (essential) but sitting down and singing is not essential so its reducing unnecessary contact.

Pretty much, in the scheme of things it's a minor change but if we can minimize it, it's a good thing.

I wonder how this training in groups of seven or so will work. Noticed yesterday that Buddy was training with no other forwards with the exception of Hayward, and Mills wasn't training with any defenders with the exception of Fox. Can't imagine that's productive for them?

I have to think as contact training comes back next week, they'll start to train in their lines more. They're only doing skills so far so seems like not as big an impetus to do it in lines.

I wonder how this training in groups of seven or so will work. Noticed yesterday that Buddy was training with no other forwards with the exception of Hayward, and Mills wasn't training with any defenders with the exception of Fox. Can't imagine that's productive for them?
They are mixing experience with youth. This is good. It mixes it up and positions do not become important until we go back to contact work after 25 May

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Makes sense. Studies have shown that prolonged contact with an infectious person is riskier, especially indoors. Singing in a circle indoors would greatly increase the risk of infection as i) breath is expelled more forcefully than normal ii) indoors the virus particles could hang in the air for longer and more concentrated. One medical journal I read suggested a person needs to receive approximately 1000 particles of the virus or more to become infected. Outdoors the main risk is contact of infected surfaces rather than airborne infection.

Round 2
Sunday June 14
Sydney Swans v Essendon, SCG, 3.35pm

Round 3
Saturday June 20
North Melbourne v Sydney Swans, Marvel Stadium, 1.45pm

Round 4
Thursday June 25
Sydney Swans v Western Bulldogs, SCG, 7.50pm

Round 5
Sunday July 5
Sydney Swans v Melbourne, SCG, 3.35pm

6 day break, 5 day break, 10 day break

But 3 games at the SCG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a very kind start to our season, a very realistic shot of being 5-0 after 5 rounds. Admittedly it also means that our run home is hard, but I think for a club like Sydney I'd prefer a soft start and a tough finish as it allows for confidence to be built given our list is young.

Feeling very 2010-esque now.

That's a very kind start to our season, a very realistic shot of being 5-0 after 5 rounds. Admittedly it also means that our run home is hard, but I think for a club like Sydney I'd prefer a soft start and a tough finish as it allows for confidence to be built given our list is young.

Feeling very 2010-esque now.

Could just as easily be 1-4, too. We lost to all four of these teams last year.

Very hard to get a read on us given we're a young side. We could beat a top four side one week, and lose to Gold Coast the next. But if we don't have any ordinary days in this four-game stretch, we should be able to account for all four of these sides.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back