Hugh Dixon version two.

Remove this Banner Ad

I really hope he's given some genuine game time in the pre season hit outs. Quite often the proof is in the pudding. He probably feels a bit on the outer and if he can do some good things in a couple of games, get his confidence up, then I reckon we're away. To get those games though he's going to have to put in the really hard work. The games should be the easy bit after the effort he needs to put in over summer, both physically and mentally.

I really hope he's given some genuine game time in the pre season hit outs. Quite often the proof is in the pudding. He probably feels a bit on the outer and if he can do some good things in a couple of games, get his confidence up, then I reckon we're away. To get those games though he's going to have to put in the really hard work. The games should be the easy bit after the effort he needs to put in over summer, both physically and mentally.
I don't think its a confidence thing for him, reckon its all motivation/professionalism.

If he finds it he'll be gun but obviously he hasn't to date.

They’ve committed nothing. Have a few train with us. Pick up player who wants it the most.

We’ll also have a NGA who won’t get picked up. Get them to train with us as well.
That was indeed mentioned in the article - that there were no promises. It hasn’t been confirmed by Freo and I agree let’s get a few down incl. Dixon to add some value to the list.

No f***ing way. Embarrassing we're even considering this. Any mature age forward from any league would be better than him.

I'd spew if we wasted another year on him

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
At the rate that Freo is recruiting, if the Dockers see a very talented skinny 190cm forward flanker/ winger, they would rather that than Dixon

At the rate that Freo is recruiting, if the Dockers see a very talented skinny 190cm forward flanker/ winger, they would rather that than Dixon
My favourite draftee for our first round selection will not please you then. Oliver Henry fits that criteria. I’m not fussed either way on Dixon but it is on Dixon to impress. He is a long shot to make it.

No point just selecting a bloke that is 194cm just because he is that height. End up with another Tanner Smith, Adam Campbell or Joel Houghton.

My favourite draftee for our first round selection will not please you then. Oliver Henry fits that criteria. I’m not fussed either way on Dixon but it is on Dixon to impress. He is a long shot to make it.

No point just selecting a bloke that is 194cm just because he is that height. End up with another Tanner Smith, Adam Campbell or Joel Houghton.
Those selections seem so long ago now, almost a different era. A big difference now is that I think in general defenders and the defensive structures are a lot better.

I don't mind getting another 190cm mid that can play as a 2nd or 3rd talk up the forward line.

Tanner Smith was unlucky. He wasn't going to get games from 2013-5 in the back line with McPharlin, Johnson, Dawson, silvagni Infront of him.

He got a run of games in 2016 up forward. I didn't think he was that bad. He sadly got too many injuries.

Adam Campbell wasn't too good either. Joel Houghton I could barely remember as he was from the 2009 draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back