Delisted Hugh Goddard

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be waiting for the report from his doctor who he sees today . Fingers crossed it isn't too bad. It's apparently the tendons under his big toe that ha has damaged. The sort of thing that only time will heal I assume because I'm not sure what else he can do apart from wearing a moon boot I guess.

Sent via HAL

Haven't heard any news yet about Hughs injury.

3b6a7120a294af7b068133e25786d420.jpg

Sent via HAL

Turf toe is the common term used to describe the sprain of ligaments around the big toe joint . Sandilands had the problem last year and it restricted him to five games .
This is what it is assumed Hugh has .

f24a2df84bf3ba9c55db634795ec8956.jpg

The X-ray above is an example of what Hugh has probably got . Hope it isn't too bad .

067549de8ae4ba9bd2dd7bdab8faeaca.jpg

8e84a8cd4ae94562ce3b51777899dd6a.jpg

Sent via HAL

Last edited:

St Kilda young gun Hugh Goddard will miss the remainder of 2017 with a toe injury, the Saints confirmed on Friday.

Goddard will undergo surgery to repair ligaments in his big toe, after suffering the injury in the VFL two weeks ago.

2c98e9e91c91bfd6f00806c34b8cf31b.jpg

Sent via HAL

Turf toe is what happens when the big toe is accidentally bent too far upwards . It can't happen as you go to run and your foot is on the toes as you start to take off and somebody pushes you down bending the toe too far up . It's unlucky for Hugh as he was just getting fitter after his Achilles problem. They are hoping that he will be able to do a full preseason at least which will help him prepare for next year. Unfortunately rest is about the only fix and if you try to come back too early you can make it a lot worse possibly even destroy your career forever . So they won't be taking any chances , if he gets to preseason and there is even a little bit of pain still they won't risk him.

The Saints were extremely happy with how Hugh had worked through his Achilles problem to be able to start training and playing as early as he did showed a professional attitude by Him .

Sent via HAL

Sorry to hear that about Hugh BT66. However I have appreciated the lession in physiology!

Lmao , well I got to fill up my page somehow hahaha , coming next week what a hamstring looks like , lol

Sent via HAL

Hopefully he'll win the Tour De France. ( unless some ex-essendon player beats him ).

You have just given me another excuse to watch it , lol. I love watching the tour , been watching it each year for ages.

Sent via HAL

AFL supporters would remember a similarly confusing draft pick journey from the 2014 AFL Draft where Pick 21 travelled all around the country.

It started as a Brisbane Lions compensation pick in 2010 for Jarred Brennan, before the Suns and Lions swapped it between each other.

The Suns chose not to activate it - until they sent it to the Giants in 2012 to secure Jaegar O'Meara in a mini-draft.

After not activating it either, the Giants eventually traded it back to Brisbane in 2014 for the services of Joel Patfull; who then sent it to Geelong for Allen Christensen; who then sent it to St Kilda for Rhys Stanley.

With their new Pick 21, the Saints secured Hugh Goddard in the 2014 AFL Draft.

Sent via HAL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been reported that Hughs surgery went well , which is good news . Now with lots of rest he has to do whatever he has been told to do by the doctors. I have no doubt he will because everybody said he was so professional in his comeback from the Achilles injury he had. Hopefully he will be in time to start preseason for next season which will be a huge help for next year for Hugh.

Sent via HAL

No Goddard no Sandy . That's the way it seemed today . Sandy lost to the bottom side who hadn't previously won a game this season. Marshall played at chb but that meant he was missed up forward after Paddy got knocked out again. Poor Paddy and Hugh just can't take a trick between the two of them. They might be best mates but they will probably be sitting around together now and not playing till next season .

HAL IS BACK

Hmmm going to be hard to get my player back to the top with him with another major injury this season . Goddard and Paddy must have killed a black cat as they can't take a trick between them . There was so much promise when they were selected as we all thought it was only a matter of time and they would both be dominating the ones in key positions. But Paddy keeps getting concussed in between other minor injuries and Hugh is having even more trouble with bad injuries.

At least , hopefully anyway, they will both be ready for a complete preseason before next

season . Hugh especially needs to be able to get fit and confidence in his body.

There is the possibility that next season it will be like we have extra recruits in both Goddard and Freeman if they can get through next preseason ok. That will be exciting to see those two and Paddy and whoever we draft hopefully all play in the ones next year.

In a strange way this might turn out better for Hugh as he wasn't winning any fans playing unfit as he was in Sandys side before he injured his toe.

Sent via Imagination, HAL traded.

So frustrating to have nothing to write about but that's footy for you . At least he played some games for Sandy this year otherwise it would have been a slow news year lol.

cmon, what's he been doing, where does he sit when he watches Sandringham, is he Latte or Cappuchino ? Get stalking you slackarse.

cmon, what's he been doing, where does he sit when he watches Sandringham, is he Latte or Cappuchino ? Get stalking you slackarse.

Lmao , yes I should pull the finger out . Maybe I should stalk him a bit , film his every move , put hidden cameras in his house hahaha . Maybe I already am but I haven't released the videos yet lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back