Injury Hugh Goddard

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 22, 2015
Hovering above you...
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Fulham
Just read on facebook that Goddard will be meeting a surgeon tomorrow about a damaged foot he injured in the vfl a fee weeks ago.

Looks like the rumours have come true. Unfortunately and the poor bloke can't take a trick at the moment with serious injuries.

Hopefully the kid can get a good run at it otherwise it's another early 20's pick that's looking like a wasted one atm.

Last edited:

Poor bugger. Speedy recovery.

Bloody hell.

Showed such great signs in the back half of 2015, everyone was expecting/hoping for him to cement a spot in the side and then he does an achilles after working hard to get into the side, now another set back. Kid might be 22 before he plays his next game at AFL level. Not that it's an issue but we would've hoped he had played a lot more football.

Bloody hell.

This season leaves me feeling like...
bad-hiding-under-box.jpg

Just read on facebook that Goddard will be meeting a surgeon tomorrow about a damaged foot he injured in the vfl a fee weeks ago.

Looks like the rumours have come true. Unfortunately and the poor bloke can't take a trick at the moment with serious injuries.

Hopefully the kid can get a good run at it otherwise it's another early 20's pick that's looking like a wasted one atm.

I think I put the moz on him when I picked him to be his player advocate, lol, nothing has gone right since , the poor guy. Thanks for the update.

Sent via HAL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The injuries to Goddard, Brown and Carlisle within the space of two weeks has been unlucky.

But it shows we're still a little lean for key backs, Goddard probably isn't ready to come in anyway.

Perhaps we go for a key back at this years draft potentially mature aged.

Will be ok = Hugh , had a few games after coming back from his bad injury , the break is not good but lets see if he can get back this year if not the kid will be bigger and better next year.

FFS... best of luck to the kid.
On another note, depending on the surgeons report, means our priority to trade in another KPD just changed.

If we spend another high pick on a KPD it'll set us back years. Some of the first choice key backs at the moment include:

- Hamling (onto his third club)
- Jonas (rookie pick)
- Gibson (rookie pick playing for his second club)
- Hartley (mature age rookie pick)
- T McDonald (pick 53)
- Hartigan (mature age rookie pick)
- McGovern (rookie pick)
- Roberts (PSD pick)
- Brown (free agent)

etc etc etc

There's no need to pay big for a KPD. Certainly no need to pay big for another.

If we spend another high pick on a KPD it'll set us back years. Some of the first choice key backs at the moment include:

- Hamling (onto his third club)
- Jonas (rookie pick)
- Gibson (rookie pick playing for his second club)
- Hartley (mature age rookie pick)
- T McDonald (pick 53)
- Hartigan (mature age rookie pick)
- McGovern (rookie pick)
- Roberts (PSD pick)
- Brown (free agent)

etc etc etc

There's no need to pay big for a KPD. Certainly no need to pay big for another.
What about Talia, Rance & Taylor? 3 best defenders over the years and we're high picks. Weitering? Looks an absolute gun and was pick 1.

What about Talia, Rance & Taylor? 3 best defenders over the years and we're high picks. Weitering? Looks an absolute gun and was pick 1.

Sure? Some good defenders are worth spending a high pick on. But that has nothing to do with my argument that you don't have to spend a high pick to get a good defender. Or the other part of my argument that a good midfielder is more valuable than a good defender. If we had Talia and Rance right now would we be leaking fewer goals?

Yep and they want Weitering to play forward. Nothing wrong with getting a gun back with a high pick especially if you have good mids. Plenty wrong when you have already spent big on a back and have a very average midfield. When was the last flag winning side that spent big on two gun backs. Hardly any who have spent big on one gun back. Matter of fact struggling to think of a club who spent big on one tall back that has won a flag lately.

Sure? Some good defenders are worth spending a high pick on. But that has nothing to do with my argument that you don't have to spend a high pick to get a good defender. Or the other part of my argument that a good midfielder is more valuable than a good defender. If we had Talia and Rance right now would we be leaking fewer goals?
You're saying don't use a high draft pick on key defenders even though the best key defenders were all high draft picks..? Sorry if I'm missing the point but I don't get it.
And yeh of course a good midfielder is more valuable, does this mean we should just go for midfielders? And to counter your argument it's actually easier to find good midfielders later in the draft then it is to find good defenders. So yeh, once again sorry if I don't understand your point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back