News Hugh Greenwood joins Crows on 2 year deal

Remove this Banner Ad

I know we all used to fap over Rendell but I think Hamish was the key all along.
He identified Hugh's talent at the age of 16 and stayed in contact with him.. **** he even flew with Noble to the states to track how he's going with basketball/life.

Look at what Ogilvie has done since Rendell left and what Rendell has done in comparison at Collingwood. We also know that when Rendell was here that Ogilvie was the Victorian recruiter, so a lot of those Victorian picks were Ogilvie picks anyway (including Danger).

Look at what Ogilvie has done since Rendell left and what Rendell has done in comparison at Collingwood. We also know that when Rendell was here that Ogilvie was the Victorian recruiter, so a lot of those Victorian picks were Ogilvie picks anyway (including Danger).

Might still be too early to tell. The careers that our first round picks have will be telling.

I really rate Milera in particular, but if I'm wrong and he doesnt turn into a stud things will look different.

I'm sure that the virtuous posters who oppose personal abuse will be in here to defend me any minute now.

Is it really being positive to allow posters to say things like Hugh wasnt hungry before hand? That's a far bigger slight than the idea that we might have made a selection error two weeks ago.

Out of interest, why do you have such a viscerally emotional reaction to the idea that someone might disagree with something the club did?

Because you have taken a 1 liner off the cuff comment and ran with it arguing the crows stuffed up selection and no matter how many different arguments you are presented with you are countering with your own narrow minded view and stating we are all wrong. Its like you cant help yourself to want to pot the club. You cant even acknowledge the possibility you could be wrong.

I like to look at performances to decide whether a player needed a rest. If your performances steadily drop and your TOG declines, you might need a rest.

Brisbane: 15 touches, 3 goals, 9 tackles, 1 clearance, 7 contested, 71% TOG
Fremantle: 11 touches, 6 tackles, 1 clearance, 10 contested, 62% TOG
Geelong: 18 touches, 11 tackles, 9 clearances, 11 contested, 65% TOG
St Kilda: 17 touches, 3 tackles, 5 clearances, 16 contested, 59% TOG
BYE
Hawthorn: 21 touches, 2 goals, 9 tackles, 6 clearances, 12 contested, 68% TOG
Carlton: 12 touches, 9 tackles, 3 clearances, 7 contested, 62% TOG
REST
Melbourne: 16 touches, 7 tackles, 7 clearances, 10 contested, 65% TOG
Geelong: 23 touches, 4 tackles, 8 clearances, 10 contested, 71% TOG

I don't see any trend that indicated he needed a rest in addition to the bye.

never said he wasn't hungry previously

only said the "rest" made him hungrier

(hungrier = more hungry than before)

is it that difficult to comprehend?

just watched the match again, even one of the commentators alluded to the same thing

Because you have taken a 1 liner off the cuff comment and ran with it arguing the crows stuffed up selection and no matter how many different arguments you are presented with you are countering with your own narrow minded view and stating we are all wrong. Its like you cant help yourself to want to pot the club. You cant even acknowledge the possibility you could be wrong.

So, in the end its just frustration that you can't win arguments?

You're jumping at shadows. My last post plainly did acknowledge there's a possibility we got it right. Can you acknowledge a possibility that we got it wrong?

never said he wasn't hungry previously

only said the "rest" made him hungrier

(hungrier = more hungry than before)

is it that difficult to comprehend?

just watched the match again, even one of the commentators alluded to the same thing

It's a distinction without difference really. Not playing with maximum hunger.

If it was. Sure. I'm happy to accept that if this was the design, it's worked well.

I'm just not as sold it was the design as some of you.

What if it wasnt? What if we actually had the intention of replacing him in the team with the player brought in? What sort of management would that have been? Can we reach agreement that if that had been the idea it was a bad one?
This is part of my point....we don't know, it's all a guessing game based on assumptions standing on the outside looking in.

Let's look at outcomes, Hugh was rested for whatever reason, we got a look at Thompson, we learnt what he's got to offer this season, (maybe we already knew that but that's another discussion), we did this without dropping a game.
Two weeks later Hugh imposes himself physically against a team that has done the same against us.

Guess however much we want, resting Hugh and playing Thompson hasn't hurt us.

This is part of my point....we don't know, it's all a guessing game based on assumptions standing on the outside looking in.

Let's look at outcomes, Hugh was rested for whatever reason, we got a look at Thompson, we learnt what he's got to offer this season, (maybe we already knew that but that's another discussion), we did this without dropping a game.
Two weeks later Hugh imposes himself physically against a team that has done the same against us.

Guess however much we want, resting Hugh and playing Thompson hasn't hurt us.

It hasnt hurt us in the long term, I agree. It need not be a major controversy now. I just dislike the concept that winning games somehow turns bad ideas into good ones. Winning doesnt mean that everything we've done is by necessity right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it was. Sure. I'm happy to accept that if this was the design, it's worked well.

I'm just not as sold it was the design as some of you.

What if it wasnt? What if we actually had the intention of replacing him in the team with the player brought in? What sort of management would that have been? Can we reach agreement that if that had been the idea it was a bad one?
I'll agree to that but do you really believe that the club had that idea? I find it hard to take that leap.

Do we need to turn everything into a shitfight? This is one of the few genuinely positive threads on our board, can we keep it that way?

Why must a thread be either positive or negative?

The worth of ideas do not come from those characteristics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back