Traded Hugh Greenwood [traded to Gold Coast for 2020 3rd, 2020 4th]

Remove this Banner Ad

It's hard to see how the Crows can play him and Ellis-Yeoman together right?

Forget Gibbs and Douglas as both might be forced into retirement at the end of the season, when Adelaide accept they are below the contending group with an ageing list. But, a midfield of Sloan and the Crouch brothers needs to inject some pace and silk, Milera for instance. You just can't say for certain either of Ellis-Yeoman or Greenwood are locks in the best 22, certainly not both.

Late second round, early third round, should do it I think.

CEY is best 22 for certain right now.

I dont know why but Acres disgusts me as a player.
Seems like he is always making mistakes.
He is a mistake.

All seriousness think he needs a new home. We've played him in every position possible with no cohesion. One of those players that always has ability but you only get a glimpse.

He is a mistake.

All seriousness think he needs a new home. We've played him in every position possible with no cohesion. One of those players that always has ability but you only get a glimpse.

To me seems just a bit in between everything.
He's not big but tries to play big. seems he's pretty slow, and gets lost a bit.

Pretty good.
Eddie on the way out obviously but we have Stengle in the 2s playing well who you would know well.
Murphy has a spot wrapped up right now and is good.

Who were you thinking?

Its an area we have our most amount of depth so thought maybe we could dangle one but not really sure who,

Georgie
Butler
Baker
Bolton - more likely to go to WA

Glad to hear Stengle is going well, has all the tools

Its an area we have our most amount of depth so thought maybe we could dangle one but not really sure who,

Georgie
Butler
Baker
Bolton - more likely to go to WA

Glad to hear Stengle is going well, has all the tools

Like the look of Baker actually.,
What is the pecking order there at Richmond? or wont we know til a full available side is there?

Like the look of Baker actually.,
What is the pecking order there at Richmond? or wont we know til a full available side is there?

Haha right now if you have heart beat you get picked haha

I would say Pecking order is,

Georgie
Rioli
Baker
Butler
Bolton

That said Baker has been the best of the lot by some way this year

He is a mistake.

I remember you guys always fapping on about how he was the next Fyfe blah blah ..,
Lol

Need to offer more than "we play 4 games a year in Tasmania"...

He'll start next year 28 years old, so given he'd require a trade for a reasonable pick or player, probably not the age we are looking for after getting a few experienced players in that 'prime age' bracket last trade period and having Daw and Jacobs as LTI Who could possibly return as well in that age group.

He's very decent but don't think he fits a need list profile wise for us. Teams who have gone heavier at the draft in recent years would be more likely to consider him.

Last edited:
Every time a reasonable player gets dropped, BF posters have them up for trade?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

12, 13 games out from being uncontracted, at the stage of his career where it's his last real opportunity to seek a decent contract (a 3 year contract taking him to the end of 2022 would have him at 30), decent player, has just been dropped, not sure why he wouldn't be discussed.

What does everyone think Hugh’s cost at the trade table would be?
Have rated him ever since his debut and would love him at the hawks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearing some scuttlebutt that GCS are the team that's making waves on this front. Years and $$'s on the table to be... Substantial!

I'm starting to think we are not going to retain him which I hate, but the trade return may be bigger then originally expected!

Hearing some scuttlebutt that GCS are the team that's making waves on this front. Years and $$'s on the table to be... Substantial!

I'm starting to think we are not going to retain him which I hate, but the trade return may be bigger then originally expected!

It sure would make sense for him.

Late starter, looking to bank a cheque and get as many years as possible.
They have money and years to burn.
Lets just hope they're as generous as they were getting another B grader in Lachy Weller.

Will hurt seeing him playing somewhere else, but he's the kinda guy you'd cheer when he returned.

It sure would make sense for him.

Late starter, looking to bank a cheque and get as many years as possible.
They have money and years to burn.
Lets just hope they're as generous as they were getting another B grader in Lachy Weller.

Will hurt seeing him playing somewhere else, but he's the kinda guy you'd cheer when he returned.
It wouldn't surprise me if he went up the Coast and became their marquee player for a few years. Big, blonde midfielder who loves the contested ball, takes marks, kicks goals then goes surfing on his days off!

Seems almost tailor made for him doesn't it?

As you said, i would hate to see him leave, but if he did I would still cheer for him. Great bloke!

It wouldn't surprise me if he went up the Coast and became their marquee player for a few years. Big, blonde midfielder who loves the contested ball, takes marks, kicks goals then goes surfing on his days off!

Seems almost tailor made for him doesn't it?

As you said, i would hate to see him leave, but if he did I would still cheer for him. Great bloke!

It does but I dont think supporters will accept a B grade player as a marquee player.
He's shown only a small amount more than Weller (and Weller is only 23), and he aint cutting the mustard as a marquee player.

The marquee player model might be how they get gold coast out of their hole, without compromising draft etc.

Always been fond of Greenwood and I listen to the podcast that he does with Tom Jonas which has pretty much placed him as my favourite player outside of Port. Hard nut with a great attitude. Battle for spots at Adelaide in his role because to be quite frank they have extremely good contested midfielders in Crouch and Sloane.
Think he'd fit a place like the Suns perfectly.

It does but I dont think supporters will accept a B grade player as a marquee player.
He's shown only a small amount more than Weller (and Weller is only 23), and he aint cutting the mustard as a marquee player.

The marquee player model might be how they get gold coast out of their hole, without compromising draft etc.
If he plays a full year as a midfielder and only cameo's up front I genuinely think he could elevate himself to the next level.

Not sure he ever gets that opportunity with us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back