Traded Hugh Greenwood [traded to Gold Coast for 2020 3rd, 2020 4th]

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Jake lever - younger but uncontracted - 2 x 1st rounders. GC will have to pay a premium to get players up to the coast. Therefore pick 49 never ever gets this one done..as I said, a likely deal is much more along the lines of Greenwood + Adelaide 2nd rounder for the Brisbane 1st

They have to pay the players a premium to get them too come, they don’t owe other clubs anything.

28 by round 1 2020, uncontracted and is in all honestly a C grader who has played some B grade games of footy. Pick 49 seems closer than a decent second rounder.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
They have to pay the players a premium to get them too come, they don’t owe other clubs anything.

28 by round 1 2020, uncontracted and is in all honestly a C grader who has played some B grade games of footy. Pick 49 seems closer than a decent second rounder.
C grader - who are you calling a C grader. If he is a C grader, then that makes most of Carltons list E graders. Greenwood is much better than a C grader

Young Gun #6

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus, Suns
Jake lever - younger but uncontracted - 2 x 1st rounders. GC will have to pay a premium to get players up to the coast. Therefore pick 49 never ever gets this one done..as I said, a likely deal is much more along the lines of Greenwood + Adelaide 2nd rounder for the Brisbane 1st

You can’t compare a 21 year old KPP, high draft pick, elite interceptor with massive hype at the time to an average at best, 27 year old midfielder who wouldn’t be in the top 3-4 midfielders at any club outside of maybe GC.

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
C grader - who are you calling a C grader. If he is a C grader, then that makes most of Carltons list E graders. Greenwood is much better than a C grader

What does Carlton have to do with it? Stick to the topic.

He’s a 27 year old fringe player at the 8th placed club.

Similar type to Anthony Miles and Jarryd Lyons. The talk of a first rounder being involved is ludicrous.

Young Gun #6

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus, Suns
no you can't but Jake lever ain't elite and he is not a KPP..he is a decent player sure, but elite...really??

He was an elite intercept defender at the time of the trade. Why do you think it cost 2 firsts?? He was the second best intercept defender in the league behind Rance at age 21 and highly rated as such.

Nothing like an average midfielder. You could name 60-75 better mids in the league than Greenwood whilst Lever was the 2nd best intercept defender in the league and 6 years younger...

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
What does Carlton have to do with it? Stick to the topic.

He’s a 27 year old fringe player at the 8th placed club.

Similar type to Anthony Miles and Jarryd Lyons. The talk of a first rounder being involved is ludicrous.
If you didn't understand the comparison I was making then I can't help you. As for similar to Jarryd Lyons. Greenwood is 191 CMS - can go forward and kick goals and is a contested beast at the stoppage. Lyons is 184 cms and is an accumulator. Greenwood is much the more valuable player

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
He was an elite intercept defender at the time of the trade. Why do you think it cost 2 firsts?? He was the second best intercept defender in the league behind Rance at age 21 and highly rated as such.

Nothing like an average midfielder. You could name. 75 better mids in the league than Greenwood whilst Lever was the 2nd best intercept defender in the league and 6 years younger...
The hype did not match the ability...Brent Reilly was playing just as well as Lever as an intercept player in our defence some years back..just sayin

EDIT: 75 mids better than Greenwood you say - go on, list them and we can debate

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide

Nothing like an average midfielder. You could name 60-75 better mids in the league than Greenwood whilst Lever was the 2nd best intercept defender in the league and 6 years younger...
well I can give you a couple that he is better than straight off the bat this year

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
If you didn't understand the comparison I was making then I can't help you. As for similar to Jarryd Lyons. Greenwood is 191 CMS - can go forward and kick goals and is a contested beast at the stoppage. Lyons is 184 cms and is an accumulator. Greenwood is much the more valuable player

No you were trying to troll. Go to Bay 13 for that.

Lyons was traded for 43 and 67 in 2016, when he was younger and putting up far better numbers.

The talk of any first rounders I repeat is ludicrous, and GC would be insane to offer a second. Very wishful thinking.

Loken

Reality Educator
Apr 15, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Can we please not use stats as a comparison of player X vs player Y.

I mean for Fantasy Footy, ok, but for real life, they don't prove who is better.

Young Gun #6

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus, Suns
The hype did not match the ability...Brent Reilly was playing just as well as Lever as an intercept player in our defence some years back..just sayin

EDIT: 75 mids better than Greenwood you say - go on, list them and we can debate

Wait Reilly was 2nd in the league in intercepts? I didn’t know that can you show me that stat??

MCrouch
BCrouch
Sloane
Neale
Zorko
Rich
McCluggage
Lyons
Robinson
Cripps
Murphy
Walsh
Curnow
Pendlebury
Treloar
Sidebottom
Beams
Phillips
Shiel
Merrett
Heppell
Parish
Zaharakis
Fyfe
Langdon
Mundy
Hill
Kelly
Coniglio
Hopper
Taranto
De Boer
Whitfield
Dangerfield
Duncan
Kelly
Selwood
Fiorini
Swallow
O’Meara
Worpel
Smith
Henderson
Shiels
Scully
Oliver
Brayshaw
Viney
Harmes
Jones
Cunnington
Higgins
Polec
Ziebell
Boak
Wines
Rockliff
Martin
Cotchin
Gresham
Steele
Billings
Ross
JPK
Parker
Hewett
Hannebery
Shuey
Redden
Sheed
Yeo
Gaff
Macrae
Bont
Dunkley
Libba
Hunter

That’s 77 off the top of my head and that doesn’t even include mid forwards like Ablett, Gray, Walters, Lambert etc that spend a fair bit of time in the middle and are way better.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
No you were trying to troll. Go to Bay 13 for that.

Lyons was traded for 43 and 67 in 2016, when he was younger and putting up far better numbers.

The talk of any first rounders I repeat is ludicrous, and GC would be insane to offer a second. Very wishful thinking.
What are you doing here then - Carlton are not linked to an Adelaide player yet here we are with a carlton supporter coming here calling him a C grader..LOL bay 13..As for trade value, any talk of pick 49 is ludicrous and way under value

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Wait Reilly was 2nd in the league in intercepts? I didn’t know that can you show me that stat??

MCrouch
BCrouch
Sloane
Neale
Zorko
Rich
McCluggage
Lyons
Robinson
Cripps
Murphy
Walsh
Curnow
Pendlebury
Treloar
Sidebottom
Beams
Phillips
Shiel
Merrett
Heppell
Parish
Zaharakis
Fyfe
Langdon
Mundy
Hill
Kelly
Coniglio
Hopper
Taranto
De Boer
Whitfield
Dangerfield
Duncan
Kelly
Selwood
Fiorini
Swallow
O’Meara
Worpel
Smith
Henderson
Shiels
Scully
Oliver
Brayshaw
Viney
Harmes
Jones
Cunnington
Higgins
Polec
Ziebell
Boak
Wines
Rockliff
Martin
Cotchin
Gresham
Steele
Billings
Ross
JPK
Parker
Hewett
Hannebery
Shuey
Redden
Sheed
Yeo
Gaff
Macrae
Bont
Dunkley
Libba
Hunter

That’s 77 off the top of my head and that doesn’t even include mid forwards like Ablett, Gray, Walters, Lambert etc that spend a fair bit of time in the middle and are way better.
From the AFC website - Brent Reilly
SEASON BY SEASON
Enjoyed a career-best season in his 11th year at West Lakes. Reilly played a permanent role in defence, excelling with his intercept marking and ability to read the play. The highlight of his season came in Round Six when he took a game-saving mark to help Adelaide to a thrilling victory over Sydney at the SCG. The veteran was recognised for an outstanding season by being included in the 40-man All-Australian squad for the first-ever time.

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
What are you doing here then - Carlton are not linked to an Adelaide player yet here we are with a carlton supporter coming here calling him a C grader..LOL bay 13..As for trade value, any talk of pick 49 is ludicrous and way under value

Is he anything more than a C grader? I agree he’s played some brilliant games of footy but who hasn’t at his age. He’s a 27 year old fringe player at the 8th side. Uncontracted. Are you actually expecting Brisbane’s first to be involved? I’m only basing my comments on similar trades (Lyons was actually younger and better in 2016).

We’re on the drafts and trading board. I’m welcome to post as are you. If you want biased Crows discussion I’d suggest stick the Crows board.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is he anything more than a C grader? I agree he’s played some brilliant games of footy but who hasn’t at his age. He’s a 27 year old fringe player at the 8th side. Uncontracted. Are you actually expecting Brisbane’s first to be involved? I’m only basing my comments on similar trades (Lyons was actually younger and better in 2016).

We’re on the drafts and trading board. I’m welcome to post as are you. If you want biased Crows discussion I’d suggest stick the Crows board.
Like I said, if he is a C grader, then most of the Carlton team are E graders.....LOL, the headline of this article does not say Adelaide Crows C grader Hugh Greenwood

https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/hawtho...reenwood/f803dd02-1dbd-4441-ad9c-46c2a34e597e -

Greenwood is a very effective forward and I'd assume many rival clubs see him as a mid/forward. Very good overhead, he is worth way more than pick 49

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Greenwood is a very effective forward and I'd assume many rival clubs see him as a mid/forward. Very good overhead, he is worth way more than pick 49
Don't worry..just note that only 2 on this thread arguing he is a c grader are a port supporter and a carlton supporter...no hatred of the crows in either i am sure:drunk:

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Like I said, if he is a C grader, then most of the Carlton team are E graders.....LOL, the headline of this article does not say Adelaide Crows C grader Hugh Greenwood

https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/hawtho...reenwood/f803dd02-1dbd-4441-ad9c-46c2a34e597e -

Try not to be disappointed when you don’t receive a first rounder.

Are we really calling Greenwood a star? Surely you don’t believe that. He’s a decent player, but again, 28 at the start of next year, uncontracted, fringe player, PSD etc etc.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide

Are we really calling Greenwood a star? Surely you don’t believe that. He’s a decent player, but again, 28 at the start of next year, uncontracted, fringe player, PSD etc etc.
How about this..we will agree to disagree..i am enjoying the cricket and this is getting very distracting

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

He is currently a far better player than Gibbs and younger. Two firsts it is then.

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets, Chelsea, Striker
The body still changes and reflexes slow etc with age whether you have played footy/sports or not.

His suggestion wasn't that outrageous and as for Mckay, well you are right you wouldn't trade him for that pick because no one would offer it.

Greenwood could actually walk to the Suns for free if he wanted, so you don't have a big advantage to begin with.

It does. But most players that fall off a cliff are doing so because their body has withstood 10+ years at elite level.

What through the PSD? The thing that we say is going to happen to 5 or 6 players every year but never happens?

He is out of contract, not a FA.

Theres no way he's being traded for a 3rd round pick. Full stop, end of story.

Last edited:
Back