Rumour Hugh Greenwood waiting to re-sign!

Remove this Banner Ad

Both Greenwood and Keath have come on and need to be rewarded, but I don't think either are the types who will throw a club who has invested in them and who has given them opportunities under the bus for a few lousy dollars. They carefully chose a professional club which offered stability, opportunity and success to begin with. Not everyone is a totally money hungry whoring mercenary. I call this rumour a huge hunk of defamatory excretion.

Sorry, i have no specific intelligence other than the fact that norf are into everyone and only land the desperate and/or dateless.

Both Greenwood and Keath have come on and need to be rewarded, but I don't think either are the types who will throw a club who has invested in them and who has given them opportunities under the bus for a few lousy dollars. They carefully chose a professional club which offered stability, opportunity and success to begin with. Not everyone is a totally money hungry whoring mercenary. I call this rumour a huge hunk of defamatory excretion.
No disrespect intended to your post, but....yeah nah. They’ll chase the $$$$.

Both 27, both had to leave their first sport at a critical earning time, and both had to invest 3-4 years into the conversion.

They are in a unique position whereby a substantial portion of their professional sporting earnings will hinge on this next contract. $$ will be extremely important, and fair enough

Both 27, both had to leave their first sport at a critical earning time, and both had to invest 3-4 years into the conversion.

They are in a unique position whereby a substantial portion of their professional sporting earnings will hinge on this next contract. $$ will be extremely important, and fair enough
I agree with most of this but my understanding on Greenwood's decision was a personal choice, wasn't he contracted at the Perth Wildcats at the time. Keith from my limited knowledge of cricket had just about exhausted his opportunities to get a decent paying cricket commitment?

My point is that between decent parties it is possible to come to win-win outcomes. The Crows will reward them and these two player's management will ensure they are rewarded. They will also be smart enough to know that being in a potential premiership side also brings long term rewards as does having a good reputation as a decent team person rather than just being viewed as a self centered seeker. There are also people who have a code that is higher than immediate cash rewards. In other words more holistic, relationship orientated people with personal integrity and a larger orientation than may be immediately visible.

I agree with most of this but my understanding on Greenwood's decision was a personal choice, wasn't he contracted at the Perth Wildcats at the time. Keith from my limited knowledge of cricket had just about exhausted his opportunities to get a decent paying cricket commitment?
Sure - May have been a choice but I guess outcome is the same ?

Walk away from the $$ on offer, which would not have been huge I’m guessing, and restart at a new sport.

Did you have a rumour for us last year as well? Or have I mixed it up? Hopefully the same source if I haven’t.
Assuming you are talking to me, no. I rarely post rumours. Just wanted to know what it’s like to ride a horse. A red one.

Im Sure I heard/saw/read that Haggis had followed Greenwoods career early in Tasmania, and had established a relationship with him, which ultimately saw Hugh sign with Adelaide when he decided to give Footy a try, not sure if he contacted us, or we contacted him when he ultimately signed

Im Sure I heard/saw/read that Haggis had followed Greenwoods career early in Tasmania, and had established a relationship with him, which ultimately saw Hugh sign with Adelaide when he decided to give Footy a try, not sure if he contacted us, or we contacted him when he ultimately signed

You're correct. Hamish had been into him for years and kept in touch with him each year. Hugh later said that if he was ever going to play footy the Crows would be his first choice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you have a rumour for us last year as well? Or have I mixed it up? Hopefully the same source if I haven’t.
Literally just a pre game conversation between game day callers on the radio before crows and freo. Pav , karl Langdon and someone else discussing it.

Then if he does want to leave you find that team in desperate need and trade, at 27 it isn't going to destroy us if he leaves but the currency could bring us back in contention
Well you did say he had showed nothing in the SANFL, next minute he is promoted into the AFL and has never been dropped.

THE MIGHTY THOR is our only genuine defensive inside midfielder, by the end of the season he will be in our top eight players.

Literally just a pre game conversation between game day callers on the radio before crows and freo. Pav , karl Langdon and someone else discussing it.

Karl Langdon is known for making s**t up. He's their Andrew Jarman.

Greenwood had just signed a 3 year deal with Perth. Had previous to that tried out with Utah during the summer league and basically found out he wasn't going to make the Boomers squad, so decided if he couldn't play at the highest level somewhere he wanted to switch to footy.

The Fremantle rumour ran prior to him re-signing with is in 2017, it's mostly linked because he's still a Perth Wildcats fan I think. Not saying it's impossible it happens, but I think it's mostly speculation I think.

If you’ve been an AFC supporter over the last few years, you would simply assume it’s true and start talking about trade options.

And if it ends up being false then happy days

Yea, pretty much - my initial reaction is, "Meh, another one; hopefully we get something good in return."

One of my favourite players but.. If he wants to go, let him go..

Its the way it is these days, player movement has increased and will continue to increase. The mid season draft will probably turn into a mid season draft and trade period soon. Its just the direction the league is heading, the direction the league has stated it wants it to take. Gill himself is on public record stating he want to make player movement even easier.

Also, in the case of Greenwood, lets be brutally honest, he still struggles to put 4 whole quarters together. Still goes missing in games. And still hasn’t managed to put together a full preseason for a couple of seasons now as his body hasn’t allowed it..

Finally.. Our club seems pretty adept at getting a good deal for players that leave... we got way overs for the KFC kid last year and Jake the Snake the year before..

I love Greenwood, but we are about to hit rebulid mode, if he wants to go, and we can get a good pick for him, then we gotta do it.

Same with Jenkins, how good has Himmelberg looked with a solid run of games imagine giving Davis, McHenry McAdam and Fogarty more game time.

We arent going to win a premeirship this year or next, it time to sell off some players that hae value and invest in youth.

Can confirm. I put up a post 2 years ago that they were interested in him. He also would have fitted in with their Tasmanian vibe.
Apparently the sticking point is 4 or 5 years. So they agreed to disagree and make it 4+5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back