Remove this Banner Ad

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
The dude has come so far, so quick.
Tonights game was seriously good in a game we were destroyed in.

He is big, strong, quick hands and smart decision making.

A wrote last year that I was speaking to an ex coach about him and he said that Hugh would only improve so much at SANFL level and would need to be promoted to the AFL to see his real growth and improvement begin. Said if he was left too long at SANFL he would stagnate and then go backwards.
Looks like the club was on the same page and handled him right.

Great to see. Now the balls in your court Keith.

Love him.

Strong, hard, clean, clutch.

Quickly becoming my favourite player. Played with enormous heart tonight, and showed up his soft, front-running mates. He spoke on FiveAA after the game too, and boy does he speak well. Leadership right there.

Hope the hardness and grunt doesn't get weeded out by our insipid culture though.

Absolute beast.

The man crush is real:hearts::hearts::hearts:

He'll start getting tagged soon if he's not careful:p

Everything he does on the footy field is absolute gold. He just doesn't waste it.

My one gripe is our insistence on playing him off the bench. He's our most aggressive mid at the moment so shift Douglas out and get him in the centre square from the first bounce and let him smash in yo the opposition mids! It might help our crap starts!

He tackles, he's clean, he scores, he doesn't s**t himself.

If you were in a coma 5 years and just woke up, you'd think he was a 100+ gamer and best player.

It's fantastic and terribly depressing at the same time.

I was saying as much to my mate during the 3rd quarter. "How good is Greenwood playing, at the same time how f**ked is it that a dude who has played 4 games is our best player".

My only question is why did it take us until mid season to give him a run? Well I know why, were soft at the selection table, too loyal to the encumbants and unable to make the tough decision until we have no option.

Greenwood had gun written all over him the second he entered the club. Has the size, skills, hardness and is just so clean with his hands.

He was close to our best against Geelong as well, his clearance work is exceptional

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My only question is why did it take us until mid season to give him a run? Well I know why, were soft at the selection table, too loyal to the encumbants and unable to make the tough decision until we have no option.

Greenwood had gun written all over him the second he entered the club. Has the size, skills, hardness and is just so clean with his hands.
It's the culture of the club.
Needs to change asap.

This is really easy to say in hindsight and doesn't take into account fitness.

Has really taken to AFL well and would say yes cementing his spot. Hopefully his tank holds up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back